Sign in to follow this  
dewdrops

Mineral Makeup

dorlisa

RM75 with free lipstick is a good bargain!. But its not foundation, its just loose powder, i think

Oh pls reviews to us when you 've got your Laura Mercier!

By the way, which shade you order?

This morning i apply MMU primer (EDM finishing dust)-->MMU foundation

I think the coverage is more even when using primer!

All the while i've been lazy just apply sunblock-->foundation

Edited by sukkimi

Hi sukkimi,

Yes i agree! I always put primer befor foundation, i find that that coverage is more, and also lasts longer. Oil control is better too.

I saw the laura mercier mineral loose powder, i don't dare to try, it has bismuth! My skin is very pimple prone :(

I bought YoungBlood Mineral Foundation recently from Shins and I must say I love it, although I think the color might be a littttleee dark on me. But that’s okay coz I mix it with my other lighter color foundation. This foundation is supposed to be the most gentle MMU in the market and it’s also one of the few MMUs that have been endorsed by dermatologist.

Wow Youngblood? Its available at Shins right?

I went to the website http://www.youngbloodmineralcosmetics.com.au/ and its listed that the ingredients for the loose mineral foundation is Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain: (+/-) Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77489, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289, Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288).

Bismuth is first on the ingredient list!!! Waa, higher than mica. I heard that Bismuth may give problems to sensitive n acne prone skin, but i have never tried a mineral makeup with bismuth in it. Anyone can comment if Bismuth really will cause problem? I feel like trying, but i feel scared to.

Okay the colour I got basically is a bit too tanned for me but I’m still using it anyway coz it gives a good glow to the skin. The coverage is pretty good, as usual you need to layer it if you want a thicker coverage. But compared to my everyday minerals, I think Young Blood gives a better coverage. I used it for a few days and then I went to Malacca, but because of the heat and the sweat, I did break out but I’m not too sure if it has anything to do with the Bismuth ingredient? I got mine in Shins in Mid Valley so maybe you girls can check it out. I paid RM90 for it. The mineral blush is about RM50 if I’m not mistaken which I didn’t buy since I think it’s a tad too expensive.

I bought the Laura Mercier's mineral powder around a month ago and so far so good. I love the after effect and one of the good thing is that it even come with a SPF15 :)

My skin color was in rose color or something. Hehe. Retails at MYR135 :)

Is it really that good? How's the coverage?

I was contemplating whether to go for that or Young Blood but ended up with YB since it's cheaper! Must keep Laura Mercier in mind next time.

Is it really that good? How's the coverage?

I was contemplating whether to go for that or Young Blood but ended up with YB since it's cheaper! Must keep Laura Mercier in mind next time.

I didn't really experience much with loose powder so I can't say this is the best out there :) But it is quite good imo.

The coverage was okay since Im using it as a finishing powder (I apply a liquid foundation beforehand). I am an amateur at applying finishing powder so sometimes I tend to dust too much on a certain area of my face. Lol.

Maybe you could try it before purchasing it. Ask the SA to apply your whole face at the early of the day, then shop the whole day and at the end of the day, if you love the result, you can always come back and purchase it :lol1:

I use Bare Escentuals and I really like it. It's also much cheaper than normal make up because

i) you only need a teeny tiny amount

ii) it doesn't expire so you can keep it forever

my pot of powder is over 2 years old and i still have enough for at least 1 year! i can't remember the price..i think around 25 euro which is around RM125?

wow, i've not been on MYB for so long, and looks like i've been missing some stuff!

hehehe, i just saw this post today http://www.mywomenstuff.com/2008/10/22/lov...akeup-malaysia/ and i was OMG thats so great! Then i came to MYB and it seems there are already pple talking about it heheh... Well, good read anyways and i'm thinking of buying some stuff already :D

i think if u wan to try a sample of mineral makeup.. then u sud try buying it at www.lovingminerals.com . i came through their add in facebook and the price is not expensive at all.. for starter, i place an order first for their sample.. only RM 38 plus the delivery charges lol.. if u feel u want to pick up urself oso can.. they have a pickup point and u can ask their agents any questions.. can wait for the package to come. :clapclap:

Speaking of lovingminerals, yea they carry Lumiere and I just placed an order with them on Wednesday. Told her it was urgent coz I'm out of mineral makeup and she was nice enough to send this out yesterday, shall get it today afternoon (hopefully) Will update this thread on Lumiere MMU once I try it :)

I just started to use body shop mineral foundation. so far so good it has a good coverage and reli easy to use.

why mineral makeup is good? Its bcoz it contain inactive mineral so wont interact with ur skin and cause allergic reaction thus it is suitable for sensitive skin. Somemore the particles in the mineral makeup are big enuf that it wont clog ur pores thus no acnes!!

I am so in love with mineral makeup now :D:thumbup1:

I just started to use body shop mineral foundation. so far so good it has a good coverage and reli easy to use.

why mineral makeup is good? Its bcoz it contain inactive mineral so wont interact with ur skin and cause allergic reaction thus it is suitable for sensitive skin. Somemore the particles in the mineral makeup are big enuf that it wont clog ur pores thus no acnes!!

I am so in love with mineral makeup now :D:thumbup1:

how much is the body shop mineral foundation price? Mind to share it's ingredient list please... :wink3:

When I apply mmu, I worry about inhaling it.. very much haha o_o "

Btw, I was surfing for mmu foundation review and came across this.

Pretty darn helpful if you ask me!

Here's the link: A Comprehensive Review of Mineral Foundations I've Tried

Great review ! Thanks for the link. Was surfing all over for the reviews as well. I wanted something with good coverage...Noticed that they review monave provided the best coverage. A lot of the other reviews also mentioned that. Anyone have tried it ?

I can't seem to find it on sale anywhere in Malaysia. However, found it on eBay & Lelong. Very tempted to try...Anyone tried before ????

hey girls

anyone tried all 3 of MAD, Lumiere and Signature Minerals?

im undecided between them.

wonder if anyone has ready stocks of them

i know lumiere can be obtained from loving minerals and we have a retailer of signature minerals here in malaysia

but what about MAD?

im planning to get a kabuki as well

EDM brushes look famous but what about MAD and Lumiere brushes?

and whats the diff between a flat top one and a normal kabuki one?

please help me out

I am using Signature Minerals. They are good on my skin. I have blushers, bronzer & finishing powder. Unfortunately not the rest of the brands.

U shud get kabuki for foundation. I have the one from Signature Minerals...

If i m not mistaken kabuki is easier for buffering. for flat top i use to apply blusher. most often than not i just dab it instead of brushing it. I am using the brush from MAC for this.

Edited by tina_22_

Do u mean the plastic baggie?Usually they sell pigments using the baggie but jar for other products. But there are some who use baggie for foundations, blushes, concealers too.. U can purchase empty 5g jars to transfer them.or any sample jars would do. I hope I'm answering ur question correctly tho' ..hehe!

Do u mean the plastic baggie?Usually they sell pigments using the baggie but jar for other products. But there are some who use baggie for foundations, blushes, concealers too.. U can purchase empty 5g jars to transfer them.or any sample jars would do. I hope I'm answering ur question correctly tho' ..hehe!

Oh, okay, that should be what I need to know. Thanks!