Sign in to follow this  
berlyn

good but cheap clothes

I personally feel that it would be better to spend on more branded stuff like elle, padini etc because the quality is so much better. It would be better to have a few nice, quality and expensive-looking clothes than have many cheap-looking ones. I'm not saying cheap stuff are not good. But when people look at you and see that you are wearing cheap and low quality clothes, they will have bad impression on you. Whereas if your clothes are expensive-looking, people thend to respect you more. 1st impression will last forever.

To create different look with the few quality and expensive-looking clothes, you will have to know how to mix and match, plus the accessories so that you don't seem to be wearing the same thing day in and out

to me, i opt to differ from you. it depends on how to carry yourself. if ppl have bad impression on me by judging on my clothes, i would rather not befriend them n i dun care about what they think of me. ppl who like to follow trends, it's better to get cheaper clothes. then, u've more money to buy newer clothes.

expensive clothes do not mean the quality is bad and vice versa. sometimes, padini clothes also can become worn out easily. n i think they dun worth that much n the price is getting higher n higher!

Orange Sorbet? never heard b4 :unsure: which jusco u mean Danielle?

in jusco klang also got. midvally also got.

I do agree that there are expensive clothes out there that are of low quality. They are expensive due to their brands. For example, MNG is expensive but I find their quality is bad. Their t-shirts become distorted after only a few wash. What I mean is, value for quality. You pay certain amount for clothes, then make sure the quality you get is equivalent to the money you paid. Don't just blindly buy any expensive stuff.

On the other hand, there are also clothes that are cheap and good quality. Depends on luck actually.

Now, how do we define cheap or expensive? If I earn Rm10 per month, then I would say a RM100 dress is cheap. If I earn Rm2k per month, then I would say RM100 is expensive.

yeah..

i only buy padini and seed clothes when they have 50-70% discount...

their quality aint the best and so many ppl buy the same stuff sometimes u will see ppl wearing the same top...

no matter how expensive is the clothes,as long as we can carry ouselves well,any clothes we wear will look classy..

Edited by musiclover85

Went to Kamdar in Mid Valley today to buy curtains. I was surprise to see there are many clothes on sale in Kamdar. I thought Kamdar only sells cloths and curtains. Anyway, the clothes are cheap and reasonable price. Style is almost like Nichi but cheaper. Of course there's no sexy clothes there but if you are looking for those sweet tops and skirts, then can go there to have a look

i dun really go for branded stuff

cuz i'm a student and dun have much money

i'll only buy branded stuff when they are on sales

otherwise i'll wear anything that looks good on me and of course must be comfy too~

i can get nice lacey spaghetti straps from Giant for only RM10, but if u buy from branded stores it might cost u a bomb!

so like wat musicelover85 says

as long as we carry ourselves well

anything will look good on us :D

you r rite..sometime branded stuff doesnt guarantee it can be as nice as those cheap clothing..and sometime cheap clothe`s quality and material is much more better than those branded!

those branded clothing are mosting selling their "brand name", and thats why its so expensive.. most trendy and nice clothing are those non-branded. :)

well i think if wan cheap clothes hunt durin sales... can b real cheap n affordable... nichii''s clothes r affordable n nice too... n those smal stalls lik in 1u bside tgv cinemas sell t shirts at low prices bout rm 20... nice designs :P

I personally feel that it would be better to spend on more branded stuff like elle, padini etc because the quality is so much better. It would be better to have a few nice, quality and expensive-looking clothes than have many cheap-looking ones. I'm not saying cheap stuff are not good. But when people look at you and see that you are wearing cheap and low quality clothes, they will have bad impression on you. Whereas if your clothes are expensive-looking, people thend to respect you more. 1st impression will last forever.

To create different look with the few quality and expensive-looking clothes, you will have to know how to mix and match, plus the accessories so that you don't seem to be wearing the same thing day in and out

sorry no offence...but thats kinda shallow right ? to judge someone by the clothes they wear. i might have money to spend on clothes but i dun look down to the people who wear non-branded or cheaper items. no point dressing up to the nines and be someone people dislike

I do agree with you all that we shouldn't judge a person's by his/her outlook/ clothes. But then frankly speaking, if you are an interviewer, who would you employ, a nicely dressed person or a scruffy person? If you are a banker about to approve a loan, would you lend money to a well dressed person or a poorly dressed one? As much as we hate it, our appearance do matter

I do agree with you all that we shouldn't judge a person's by his/her outlook/ clothes. But then frankly speaking, if you are an interviewer, who would you employ, a nicely dressed person or a scruffy person? If you are a banker about to approve a loan, would you lend money to a well dressed person or a poorly dressed one? As much as we hate it, our appearance do matter

thats why the big question is when will people do away with these stereotypes? i am a law student myself...i am alwiz get ppl thinking that im some kind of dumb blonde *no offence to blondes* because of the clothes i wear and how much i love fashion. they think i should be dressed in more formal attire. but hey! i do as well as any other well-dressed person.

ya, i have concerns over financial matters too. but sometimes being fashionable doesnt mean you have to spend a lot of money and starve.

u need to have the eye to buy cheap cloth that doesnt look cheap.

i always wish that MY girls be more fashionable (not that i am very)..

as long as u dress decently, it is good enough... don't follow trend blindly, it will burn yr pockets

Dressing well doesn't mean one has to be fashionable and trendy. I find classic styles are the best. They can stand the test of time and make one look very classy and well dressed.

What I mean about expensive clothes is not about the brand. You have to look at the quality. Say, MNG. It is expensive and branded isn;t it? But then I will never buy MNG because I find its quality is very low. The cloth is paper thin and doesn't worth my money. Sorry to all MNG fans here. Say, like Elle. I like Elle because their quality is good. But it is very expensive. So, I buy only during sales. I bought an Elle skirt for only RM30. Who can say I spend on expensive clothes? But then people see me wearing Elle skirt and their attitude to me changed. Sad to say, this is human nature.

On the other hand, I once bought a pants from Nichi. Only RM49 but I loves it! At the end of the day, it is about the money you pay for and the quality you get in return

found a shop in 1Utama...

the shop sells like the clothes found in FOS and the shops sell a lot of skirts there like below rm 20-30..

bought a skirt there for only rm 12!!!great bargain!!

it's a bloomers type skirt ..similar to the ones in topshop... :D:D

fluene, i totally agree with u.

in the end, when u buy something, dont just buy for the sake of brand names, esp when u can't afford it.

Say, like Elle. I like Elle because their quality is good. But it is very expensive. So, I buy only during sales. I bought an Elle skirt for only RM30. Who can say I spend on expensive clothes? But then people see me wearing Elle skirt and their attitude to me changed. Sad to say, this is human nature.

^ it's normal... some ppl or should i say majority of ppl are like that

I am definitely not a fans of branded clothes.

I rather spend RM100 for 3 cloths than RM 100 for only 1 branded cloths…haha

At least I have more to wear…and I do not like to wear the same cloth so often as well…expensive cloth u need to wear it more only worth it rite? haha

Plus…I don’t think that expensive branded clothes are all good in quality. The designs are so simple and the material look low class (thin as fluene said), but the price is so high becos of the brand…not worth it at all …and never understand the person who will actually buy it lor… I also experience before branded T-Shirt but wash once or twice already look old or may be out of shape…

And one more thing…I really don’t like those student or youngster that does not have their own income to buy branded stuff lor…spoiled child…or those who do not earn much, do not care to starve but still want to buy branded stuff …

but sometimes being fashionable doesnt mean you have to spend a lot of money and starve.

u need to have the eye to buy cheap cloth that doesnt look cheap.

100% Agree with you !! :)

found a shop in 1Utama...

the shop sells like the clothes found in FOS and the shops sell a lot of skirts there like below rm 20-30..

bought a skirt there for only rm 12!!!great bargain!!

it's a bloomers type skirt ..similar to the ones in topshop... :D:D

may i know wat is d name of d shop?

i haf to agree that MNG are expensive..and the quality are rather poor..same goes to Topshop and other so-called 'branded' shops..Esprit used to bring good quality clothes few years ago..but now no anymore..

for padini and the likes..i think its expensive too considering its a local brand.. :loser: same goes for some of the shop in sg wang..pyramid..mid valley..etc..

i personally love Marks and Spencer.. :wub: it has quality..its from the UK..and the price is a lot better than other shops around..for example..the top or dress in padini and so on..are like 100++ and with that can get a lot nicer top or dress in Marks and Spencer..with better quality..most of my clothes are from there..hehe..

and owh yea..that shop Wh..kinda nice too..and of cuz FOS la..hahaha.. :D

I never buy from MNG because I don't like the style and I don't like the quality of their fabrics as well, not to mention expensive.

As for Padini's clothes (agrees with arcanawar). I like their style but sadly their sizes are just not right for me. Even their XS size doesn't fit me.

I bought a shirt from them and it was full of threads sticking out from the sewings. When I showed it to the salesman, he just helped me snip them away, I actually can do that myself. That's the last time I am ever going to buy from them.

Sorry, no offence to MNG and Padini's fans. :praisegod::praisegod:

So far I've been a fan of Elle's clothes, good quality really!! Their fabrics, sewing, even designs are great. :)

Nevertheless I seldom buy from them but if I want quality, I know where to get it.

Kinda off topic already :P

Alright!

There's this shop in Ikano Power Center, don't know if any of you babes been there before.

It's called Love It. The price is affordable and the style is trendy. I've bought a top RM19.90 plus a pants RM49 and loves them until now. :wub:

Has anyone been to Lace yet?

From the look of their website, the clothes look affordable and stylish :)

Edited by Jov