Sign in to follow this  
sallypang

boss dun wan to give salary

hi...my sister vy unlucky. she only work for a few months. then, suddenly terminate her n did not give any notice or pay the salary. how? can just report to the labour department? but one of her colleageu also report to the labour department but her boss also din turn up for the appoiment made by the officer. i think this company lack of debt so that terminate all the staff n give many reason dun wan to give salary to the staff. my sister is one of the staff. anyone please help!!!

tough luck

If the company plans not to pay from the start, no matter what your sister does, (reporting or not) wouldn't make a difference.

The worst the business goes out of busines which I think the case here. If the boss is a good man, there are times business are bad and maybe she will get her payment when the business picks up again but it seems from your statement the boss has cheated her.

Still do a report and learn from this; accepting that the money is gone and your sis' hardwork is probably for self development only.

report to the labour law office even if cant get back the money at least his name will be blacklisted and got reports against him.

Usually, when you report you would make a letter of complaint to the labour department. They will do something about it. If more complaint are written and if got point there, u say so n so.. u cannot affor to find another job, lose your income few months.. at least wat they should give the least is 1 month notice or might be 14days notice. And if they are the one terminnate your sis without any particular reason, then they should pay her in advance 3 month salary. It is a serious matter.. if your sister is a permanent staff and has EPF, SOCSO all those thing. But if temporary, can simply terminate lo. If you make the matter serious the office will call of interview.. c how serious ur complaints ([points) then if the boss didnt turn up also he usually would have to go to court. The labour dept will sue him on behalf on u... safe money.. :P

I think it depends heavily on what is stated in the contract when she was hired. A lot of temporary contracts have clauses which allows the employers to terminate the contract under certain 'circumstances'.

But as permenant workers, they shouldn't be allowed to do that.

Not very sure what kind of action you can take but if the case is really serious, I could ask my dad for advice for you. He's a HR manager and knows about the laws of these kind of situations. The description that you gave seems insufficient to addvice on now though.

last time my sister got face something similar then my dad bring her go to labour office to report...then the labour office ppl went to check the office then end up the company pay my sis salary n oso compensation..

wow, good experience, I have never encountered this situation before.. This normally happens to small companies i guess..

worse case, go find Mciahel Chong of MCA bureau of complaints.

Usually, when you report you would make a letter of complaint to the labour department. They will do something about it. If more complaint are written and if got point there, u say so n so.. u cannot affor to find another job, lose your income few months.. at least wat they should give the least is 1 month notice or might be 14days notice. And if they are the one terminnate your sis without any particular reason, then they should pay her in advance 3 month salary. It is a serious matter.. if your sister is a permanent staff and has EPF, SOCSO all those thing. But if temporary, can simply terminate lo. If you make the matter serious the office will call of interview.. c how serious ur complaints ([points) then if the boss didnt turn up also he usually would have to go to court. The labour dept will sue him on behalf on u... safe money.. :P

v had made the complaint to labour office liao. one of my sister friend also made the complaint but the boss din turn up to the interview now have to got to court. dun know the boss will turn up or not.