Sign in to follow this  
kittyc@t

New Clothes

Do you wash your newly bought clothes before you really wear them ?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wash your newly bought clothes before you really wear them ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

voted for depends.

if it comes from warehouse sales or some pile some cheap sale, then i'll definitely wash it.

or if i think it's dirty then i'll wash it.

if i buy from shopping malls like supermarkets, boutiques whereby the clothes are hung, i won't wash it. sometimes i'll ask for a new package from those sales assistants. so no need to wash la...

:blink: Wow! The poll shows that many chose "Depends". I make it a point to wash ALL pieces of clothing before wearing them. Even if one particular item was a new one still wrapped nicely. As for washing them, ALWAYS read the label instructions ~ you canNOT go wrong there.

Definitely without doubt I'll WASH them. Feel uncomfortable if I am wearing new clothes. Just have that kind of feeling even if it is brand new straight out from the store. <_<

if lingerie i will wash...but if clothes i din wash but now my special one ask me to wash it when i bought the clothes bak..cos chemicals and so on wo...hehe

I voted depends! If its lingerie, DEFINITELY I'll wash it! If its from new stock, I dun usually wash... But... I think its better to wash.

Depends! I'll wash if I have time to wash but if I bought that shirt for an important event the next day, i wouldn't wash it of course. or if the shirt is too gorgeous, I can't wait to show it off.

Vote for YES! Heh.. cos i need that detergent smell wen i wear ma clothes. Cos some of the new clothes have that "NEW" smell and i wun feel comfortable if dun wash it... :P

:o kinda shocked to c the answers...@@

i wash EVERY piece of new cloth that i bought...if not i dare not wear..

i thk i read fr somewhere..new clothes might have some chemical reagent or dye residue remainings..

it's best to wash it off b4 u wear..cos they're harmful for ur skin..

besides that, some skin conditions r contagious even by clothes..eg skin fungus, some dermatitis etc..

u wouldn't know who has tried it on..

anyway i cant stand the new cloth smell...it's the chemical thingy that caused the smell...

I always wash new clothes before i dare to wear them. I have a friend who worked in the clothes making factory. She told me that she dare not even try clothes when she went for shopping after she started to work there. The cloths use to make the clothes are actually very dirty. Mice, cockroach and etc (use your imagination), likes to make nest in the store room use to store the cloths. They will use chemical to clean the cloths. Clean means to wash off any stains only. Those unseen stains like bacteria is still there.

I received an email on bra last time. This woman wears a new bra before washing it first. She felt itchy on her nipple but she ignored it thinking its nothing serious. Few weeks later, things started to grow from her nipple. It was actually some kind of worms, i forgot the name sorry. The email came with a picture of her nipple. It was so so scary. I think you babes should have seen this email before too.

Remember to wash all new clothes before wearing it. Not only clothes, socks, towel, pants, anythings that you will wear on yourself must be wash !!

Honestly, Never wash.

Too Excited To Wear. hahahaha~~ :P

same with me.. :whistling:

I will not wash and wear if:

1. it is new and wrapped in plastic from the store room

2. I wear immediately after buying knowing I will go home to change

I will wash if its hanging on the rack or in the sales bin

Voted for yes.

Would definately wash it before wearing. Cant imagine wearing what others have tried on before. You don't know if the have some skin disease or BO or something...hahahaha.

Plus it might not be clean just because it's wrapped, worked part time in a retail store before. :P

issit sexystilleto? okok now I will wash all the time

Yeap darling, because sometimes the customers would request for new stocks to try and if it doesn't fit, it goes back into the plastic,into the store. And there are times where some boutiques have seasonal sale or something where they would transfer goods to other branches that sells better, some of it are clothes from the rack, we would have to repack them and send them off too, so not all clothes in the plastic are clean... :)

So wash em! People might have dropped em on the floor while trying and stuffs.

Or maybe i just have OCD...hahahaha. think too much about those things... ^_^

Definitely i will wash them before i wear, because we won't know who were the previous person who tried it..
for hygiene purpose.