Sign in to follow this  
KeLLy

break ups

MUSLIM CAN CONVERT...

its sad for mysian only...

elsewhere in indon also can

do you know arabs can drink wine?funny right?

i hope you guys don't think of christians as a wierd religion which is being practiced today. christians who practice their faith daily are a joy to be with.

but there are some groups of protestants that make their own rules. their basis is their 'version' is the best. with so many different protestant christians, you must be wondering why they are always in such a disagreement if the religion is considered 'perfect' in their view. i do not know the answer for their confusion.

all i see out of these many different protestant groups is that they are protesting against each other. so the methodist will protest against the lutheran, the lutheran against the anglican, the anglican against the evangelical, the evangelical against the baptist, etc. then they are the smaller groups like the full gospel assembly, assembly of God, church with no name, pentecostal, etc.

any wonder they are messed up?

you guys know how christianity started and how it exist today?

i suggest you go and study 1st...

sorry no offence...

i do my homework...

christianity exits after christ thats why its called c-h-r-i-s-t.....-i-a-n....

before that it was jews....and their religion waiting for the saviour to come which is christ....jesus christ...

because all have sin and cannot relate to God...since the time when adam and eve disobey God by eating the fruit of knowledge...then from there they found out the bad and evil and grew corrupted...do you know in chinese history it was also recorded about this event?ahaha i bet u dont know....and the olden days...chinese only worship one God...and the style of worship is the same as jews...

some of you may know that Jesus came to save us by paying for our sins...by dying for us....

than came christianity...and catholics...catholics was base on st.peter...who Jesus says he lay the foundation (rock) on him....

catholics is a bit diff from christainity cause they worship mother mary the mother of Jesus the virgin who gaved birth....

christianity many diff sections diff churches came in because of the diff of taste of worship style and conduct....but there is no diff...they serve the same God..

same as muslim they serve the same God but diff because...they think muhamad is the last prophet of God and Jesus is just a prophet not the son of God..but its wierd when in the quran they aknowledge that Jesus does mircacles and believe in him that he will come again..and be the judge of your faith when the end of days is to come..

many muslim are confused...they want to come out but cannot due to rigid conduct...you will be servely punished if you leave muslim faith..

One of my flatmates 2. She's frm Afghanis, n her bf frm Pakistan. althou they r the same religion, they stil cant get marry. Y? Bcos her parents said she can only marry 2 Afgha!! It's horrible n ridiculous!!!

than came christianity...and catholics...catholics was base on st.peter...who Jesus says he lay the foundation (rock) on him....

catholics is a bit diff from christainity cause they worship mother mary the mother of Jesus the virgin who gaved birth....

who said catholics worship Mary? isn't this a lie? isn't lying a sin?

who said catholics worship Mary? isn't this a lie? isn't lying a sin?

what do you understand of the word worship?

in my opinion...worship is simple as adoration,admire or singing...

i said catholics worship mary because they do...

they pray....worship to her..."hail mary full of grace..."

hail is worship...

you dont simply put statue of mary around your compound as decoration...

its for worship sake...

i can say its a very beautiful image of her...but do you often hear that its only for decoration purposes?

im just giving a simple short understanding of the difference between religion...deeper meaning of it would take hours and years of study..

in my opinion...worship is simple as adoration,admire or singing...

fine. very good observation. smile.gif

fine. very good observation. smile.gif

How about this definition for "worship" - failure to admit, recognize or attempt to justify the mistakes of the worshipped entity due to excessive protection, adoration and admiration?

Well in other words, sometimes worship can be related to blind faith. Then to denial. And finally to extremism.

What if I told you that Jesus isn't a virgin? And Mother Mary isn't too? That the church deitified Yeshua (orginal name of jesus) just to make their religion seem holier than thou? What if I told you that a big smear campaign was launched by the church to promote religion-discrimination? What if I told you that the inquisition killed more followers of the same god than it did to wipe out heresy?

What if, I told you that the BIBLE itself is not a fax from heaven, but a heavily modified book written by imperfect humans with an agenda in their mind? What if I told you that the original history of the life of Yeshua has been thrown away in favor for a more bombastic recording? What if I told you that there is more than one version of the bible in this world? What if I told you that 90% of the bible is but a glorification (read, exaggeration) of facts?

That's blashemy right? But a servant of god will ignore all these questions. Why? Faith. The basis of worship. As i said, worshipping a god means you give all your faith to it (should be it, not he, nor she). Trying to answer all the wrongs in the past could be hard for a christian/catholic.

Don't misunderstand tho - the questions posted above are not meant to shake your faith. Its just another view of the religion, from groups of atheists and bible scholars.

Its good to have a different perspective sometimes, right? tongue.gif

Just to clarify - a religion's ture purpose is to serve as a moral beacon, something that tells you what to do and what not to do, and what happens when you do them.

However, using religion to justify a break up is pure fanatism. Religion are meant to unite people - why reject people and call them "infidels" or "heretics" just because they do not submit to your version of god?

I believe the girl mentioned in the thread starter's post should move on with her life - after all, even if she joins that church, she'll be looking at a multi-level marketing company that trades on souls instead of money.

I'm not generalizing on christians though. I know a bunch of christian friends from a cell group that I am in and they are great people full of hope. These people define the future - not those who come up to you and say "come join my (insert religion name here) or you'll burn in hell".

PS: Best answer for the question above is "There are many saints like gautama buddha, gandhi, zhou wen wang, lau zhi, kong zhi and so on in hell then? I'd like to meet them then. It'll be more fun than being in heaven full of selfish people."

Just to clarify - a religion's ture purpose is to serve as a moral beacon...

yes. anyone or a bunch of people that are nice are a joy to be with. mankind's greatest treasure is hope. the 'fool' who is faithful is envied for the peace he has in life.

God blesses all of us constantly and we are lucky to always have hope.

i have my faith. all sorts of people may pin labels on me, but those labels do not make me what i am. those are their beliefs and not mine. so we should all also have faith in our faith.

LoveTragedy is a modest person; his nick is says it all.

yes. anyone or a bunch of people that are nice are a joy to be with. mankind's greatest treasure is hope. the 'fool' who is faithful is envied for the peace he has in life.

God blesses all of us constantly and we are lucky to always have hope.

i have my faith. all sorts of people may pin labels on me, but those labels do not make me what i am. those are their beliefs and not mine. so we should all also have faith in out faith.

LoveTragedy is a modest person; his nick is says it all.

haha glad you share the same view.

Girls, i have a question.

a friend of mine recently got dumped by her bf. his reason: his cousin n his pastor at church told him to do that.

my fren is willing to convert into a Christian, but he refused to accept her. he's not willing to give her a chance. he said she must convert bcoz of Jesus, not bcoz of him.

i'm sry if this has offended anyone. but i'm not a Christian n i dun really understand the situation. unsure.gif

pls tell me if it's a good reason to break up. my friend's a wreck right now. sad.gif

the guy is definitely off tracked!!!

get ur fren to tell her bf to read the bible more... jesus has never force anyone to believe in him, he touched them and then they believe in him.

the bf is really absurb to give that kind of reason for breaking up.

one word of advise, ask ur fren to find another guy bah.... :0

i guess the guy got brainwash.. have to find out which church is that.. where got pastor ask people to divorce and break up.

I support the foundation for the advice. But I think the guys overreacted.

It is a hard thing for a marriage if the partners are not equally minded. It is hard for a christian to accept a partner who is not of the faith, because christianity (and also Islam) believes in the existence of ONE God and THAT God only. A true believer cannot accept a partner who does not believe the same for it will cause friction sooner or later. After all, it is a core belief.

Still, I don't think there is a basis for rejection of a mere gf for the reason of her not being of the faith.

if you love someone, then to what extend you willing to sacrifice. some people sacrifice their freedom and join islam. as we know once you join islam then you are forever islam.

if you love someone, then to what extend you willing to sacrifice. some people sacrifice their freedom and join islam. as we know once you join islam then you are forever islam.

Theoretically, you are right. But the reality is, you cannot force people to be muslim. All that shit that the Malaysian government pulls is only for Malaysia. Whatever the reasons are for the idiot move, they decided to take away the muslim freedom to choose as they believe.

Anyway that sort of conversion is superficial. -deleted- And that's the least of it. :P

Edited by CyBeR

Theoretically, you are right. But the reality is, you cannot force people to be muslim. All that shit that the Malaysian government pulls is only for Malaysia. Whatever the reasons are for the idiot move, they decided to take away the muslim freedom to choose as they believe.

Anyway that sort of conversion is superficial. I have muslim friends who take pork when they get cravings. And that's the least of it. :P

:shocking:Har! Got meh?! I never knew wor. I do know that some would go to the ladies' or gents' during fasting month and eat sweets! Many would (pretend to) wash their faces often which is a good cover-up...for taking sips of water in doing so! No offence to the Muslim members here, I hope.

:shocking:Har! Got meh?! I never knew wor. I do know that some would go to the ladies' or gents' during fasting month and eat sweets! Many would (pretend to) wash their faces often which is a good cover-up...for taking sips of water in doing so! No offence to the Muslim members here, I hope.

hehe... You didn't hear it from me. :P In fact, I'm deleting that post. :P

some even eat during fasting month secretly in chinese shop.

Just goes to show you can't force anyone to be who they're not. No point to it, really. Except maybe for blind numbers.