Sign in to follow this  
huggydoggie

Raising Capital for a business

QUOTE (Joukowski @ Oct 5 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
depends, what business are you going in? whats in it for your financiers?

It is for a manufacturing business. I need a small startup capital to get the ball rolling. What percentage do people expect in return over a 1 year period?

[quote name='huggydoggie' date='16 October 2009 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1255629543' post='573109']
QUOTE (Joukowski @ Oct 5 2009, 11:26 AM) depends, what business are you going in? whats in it for your financiers?

[i][b]It is for a manufacturing business. I need a small startup capital to get the ball rolling. What percentage do people expect in return over a 1 year period?[/b][/i]
[/quote]

Usually, the higher the better, but you don't want to lose out by giving away more of your profits than required. Really does depend upon a lot of factors, how much you need to borrow, how risky is your venture... etc.

look, I'm getting quite uncomfortable about you going off & starting a business by taking a risk without first knowing some more about what you're getting in to. I'll encourage you to learn some more about what you're planning to do first by working in this industry and finding out about these questions first before committing your own money and other peoples money into a venture like this. Manufacturing businesses are traditionally rather risky.