Sign in to follow this  
Forager

Valentine Dinner/Lunch

Yup, Valentine day just past a few minutes ago. Kindda curious where did you take your partner (or where did your partner take you) for valentine dinner? What was the damage (if he paid and you know the cost, that is)?

As for me, i normally celebrate valentine a day before the actual V-day. This year, I took her to Lobsterman, SS2. This restaurant serves fresh lobster in many recipe. I would recommend it to dating couples too. The damage 2 nights ago - RM190++ (a few ringgit less than RM200).

I dare say the food is fresh and good there! So, yes, I would recommend it to anyone of you.. if you happen to be in the neighbourhood ;)

p.s. I just wanna note that I do not have any financial interest in that restaurant. lol!!

We went to Cafe Cafe KL. A very beautiful restaurant that serves authentic french cruisine. The food is excellent yesterday despite it was full house.

My bf took me to Victoria Station... Nice food!!

I've never have such NICE food before.. Enjoy very much..

The bill also scary.. hahhaa!! RM288.... (we both are still students)

We got full valentine sets with free valentine gift given by victoria station and sparkling juice!

Have a memorable day with him.. hehe:)

Well, my bf tried booking for Italiannes and Tony Romas a few days before but they were full. And since KL will be packed with cars due to the road block, he'd decided to take me to Klang area. He took me to Windmill at Bukit Raja. I would say the dinner was so so only as there were too many people in the restaurant, no privacy, no peace. Staffs were making us mad as food came late and no in order. We've spent RM160++ in total. Thank GOD our house will be ready by next year's V-day, and we're planning to have it at home. Me, will be the chef!

We went to Cafe Cafe KL. A very beautiful restaurant that serves authentic french cruisine. The food is excellent yesterday despite it was full house.

hhm.. cafe cafe? Where might that be, if i may ask? and what is the damage like? would be good if you could share those info.. helps in scouting for new place couples can go :P

We got full valentine sets with free valentine gift given by victoria station and sparkling juice!

aahhh.. VS... that place is full of sweet memories for me.. initially, that was were i took my partner.. and that VS, Damansara was where I proposed to her.. hehe.. wow! almost RM300? would be a little on the high end even for me a working man.. haha (call me cheapskate if you want but i believe there are cheaper places with food as good as that.)

I would suggest, boht of you (since you are still students) to spend V-day a day or two before the actual date... it would be easier to book the place, flowers aren't that expensive yet.. and same goes with the food...

Well, my bf tried booking for Italiannes and Tony Romas a few days before but they were full. And since KL will be packed with cars due to the road block, he'd decided to take me to Klang area. He took me to Windmill at Bukit Raja. I would say the dinner was so so only as there were too many people in the restaurant, no privacy, no peace. Staffs were making us mad as food came late and no in order. We've spent RM160++ in total. Thank GOD our house will be ready by next year's V-day, and we're planning to have it at home. Me, will be the chef!

wow!! Italiannese... Went there once and it was my 1st and last time.. too high end for me.. haha.. have never tried windmill, tho.. is the food good there? what was the rought menu for RM160++?

anyway, good idea on spending it at home.. i can't do that.. my partner pressures herself too easily.. so, if we end up at home with her (or me) cooking, we wont enjoy the V-day evening after that due to the stress she gets during cooking.. haha!!

my rough menu for a little less than RM200 is:

appetiser:

salad (quite ok)

spicy seafood soup (not very nice.. kindda bitter taste)

1st main course:

half a fresh lobster (full one weights 700++g so, half would be 350++g) - yummy

3 pieces of kupang (cannot remember the english name for it) - ok lah

a stuff crab - yummy

3 baked buttered button mushroom - yummy

2nd main course:

quarter of a chicken (cooked as chicken-chop) ontop of angle **something** (cannot remember it's name.. but it is the very thin version of spegatti) - yummy

3 pieces of deep friend oyster in some nice flour - yummy

desert:

strawberry cake - very very yummy

had the option of red wine or sparkling juice to go with the dinner and free flow of mineral water.

matter of fact, i was pretty filled up after the 2nd main course.. had to force the strawberry cake down.. too yummy to just leave on the table.. haha...

imho, te price is worth the course.. though if you were to go there during normal days they do have specials for couples.. which is slightly above RM200 and worth it too..

if you want more info, do a google in 'lobsterman' ;)

highly recommended, if you ask me :D

for valentine, we went to BBQ plaza(or stg like that..).its wonderful^^.Cos most ppl would say its too cheap or so,but if he bring me anywhere more expensive i will personally kill him!(suprising isnt it that for a girl im so thrifty?)^.^ but for me its the moment that counts and his company^.^

Itallianese is a really nice place to go for occasions like this. Windmill too, romantic with candlelight dinner =D Although personally I'd say Itallianese (Sunway Pyramid) better lar. Nice ambience. Not to mention the shrimp linguine has some really fresh prawns in it! Victoria Station is REALLY expensive!! Well actually all that matters is the person what, as long as you're celebrating with ur someone....it'll be a memorable one :)

Cooking at home would be really beautiful!!! Can feel how much heart u put into the meal =D Nice one!!

And kupang is mussels, thin spaghetti is angel hair...hehe.

Edited by Fayt

Itallianese is a really nice place to go for occasions like this. Windmill too, romantic with candlelight dinner =D Although personally I'd say Itallianese (Sunway Pyramid) better lar. Nice ambience. Not to mention the shrimp linguine has some really fresh prawns in it! Victoria Station is REALLY expensive!! Well actually all that matters is the person what, as long as you're celebrating with ur someone....it'll be a memorable one :)

Cooking at home would be really beautiful!!! Can feel how much heart u put into the meal =D Nice one!!

And kupang is mussels, thin spaghetti is angel hair...hehe.

hah!! there you have it!! thanx for the reminder :P haha!! i quite agree with u that it is all about spending time with the special someone that matters... however, this thread would be good in helping one choose venues.. hehe.. thanx again :)

Cafe Cafe KL is in Jln Maharajalela. My bf booked 2 weeks in advanced only able to get a table till 9pm. After 9pm is another round. They are always full house. The environment is super romantic and really feels like you are in France. Below is some review about the restaurant. I think the damage on Sat is closed to RM400. I didn't see the bill but I saw him put a stack of RM50 on the bill :blink:

http://quaintly.net/2007/01/10/cafe-cafe/

Edited by jarjar

Ya..argree!! Victoria Station is expensive!! anyway, once in a life lo. haha

somemore, never been there before.. have very sweet memories there too..

cafe-cafe looks nice.. in jln maharajalela?! how much o?? expensive?!

hhm.. cafe cafe? Where might that be, if i may ask? and what is the damage like? would be good if you could share those info.. helps in scouting for new place couples can go :P

aahhh.. VS... that place is full of sweet memories for me.. initially, that was were i took my partner.. and that VS, Damansara was where I proposed to her.. hehe.. wow! almost RM300? would be a little on the high end even for me a working man.. haha (call me cheapskate if you want but i believe there are cheaper places with food as good as that.)

I would suggest, boht of you (since you are still students) to spend V-day a day or two before the actual date... it would be easier to book the place, flowers aren't that expensive yet.. and same goes with the food...

wow!! Italiannese... Went there once and it was my 1st and last time.. too high end for me.. haha.. have never tried windmill, tho.. is the food good there? what was the rought menu for RM160++?

anyway, good idea on spending it at home.. i can't do that.. my partner pressures herself too easily.. so, if we end up at home with her (or me) cooking, we wont enjoy the V-day evening after that due to the stress she gets during cooking.. haha!!

my rough menu for a little less than RM200 is:

appetiser:

salad (quite ok)

spicy seafood soup (not very nice.. kindda bitter taste)

1st main course:

half a fresh lobster (full one weights 700++g so, half would be 350++g) - yummy

3 pieces of kupang (cannot remember the english name for it) - ok lah

a stuff crab - yummy

3 baked buttered button mushroom - yummy

2nd main course:

quarter of a chicken (cooked as chicken-chop) ontop of angle **something** (cannot remember it's name.. but it is the very thin version of spegatti) - yummy

3 pieces of deep friend oyster in some nice flour - yummy

desert:

strawberry cake - very very yummy

had the option of red wine or sparkling juice to go with the dinner and free flow of mineral water.

matter of fact, i was pretty filled up after the 2nd main course.. had to force the strawberry cake down.. too yummy to just leave on the table.. haha...

imho, te price is worth the course.. though if you were to go there during normal days they do have specials for couples.. which is slightly above RM200 and worth it too..

if you want more info, do a google in 'lobsterman' ;)

highly recommended, if you ask me :D

Our menu was so so only, nothing great. They have only two choices of main courses:-

Starters: shrimp salad and sharks fin soup

Main Course: They have fancy names for it, something like Love birds and can't remember the name:

1/2 spring chicken with 2 baked tiger prawns

Beef steak

Dessert: Strawberry ice creams and Love Cappucino

That's why I felt regret looking at what you have posted. Your menu sounds more SEDAP and interesting compared to ours, and the price were almost the same.

I have been to Lobsterman before, and I know the food there are nice, but never thought of that for V-day. Anyway, my bf was the one who planned it.

Well, like what I've mentioned, can't wait to have it in the comfort of our own home next. I'm good in doing lamb chops i would say... My bf likes it... hehehhehehehe....

I don't know the Cafe Cafe's price on normal day coz that night only got valentine's set menu. And luckily they got the set only coz a lot of words on the menu I don't recognise :unsure:

my bf and i went to VS too but at ampang,

bad experience for us though, toooo crowded and service was sooo slow, and some of the waiter are rude, bad environment, sigh...

lucky the food was nice..

cost us rm280++ too..

dun wanna go back there on valentine's anymore..

This year was a quiet one coz he had to fly off the next day so he cooked me dinner and I got him a personalized T-shirt that says ‘sorry girls I’m married’ LOL

hey cas,

me too..! it's a quiet Valentine for this yr. no expensive dinner n gifts. but i'm happy cos my loves one celebrate this special day with me.

my bf cook dinner for me. although it's not a successful dinner...ahhahahaha

i spent my V-Day wit a fren. no bf, dats why..haha

anyway id love to spend my V-Day at this place called Breads and Olives Cafe, smwhr in ampang. frens say they have fantastic view of kl. food if im not mistaken is mediterranean food.price is so and so too i heard... :)