Sign in to follow this  
winterblue

Sensitive Combination Skin

Try Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser - great for sensitive skin. Leaves a bit of a moisturizing film after washing which helps hydrate the skin. Not expensive, about Rm35 from any pharmacy. I've also been using the Moisturizing Cream - that's relaly cheap in the US (I buy it by the jar!) but in KL you can only get in a tube format - not quite sure about the price though.

IF you don't sleep in an air cond room, you don't need much moisturizer but if you do, then you need to use moisturizer when you sleep.

And, keep your skincare regime simple - no need all the mask mask all, no need facials - just keep it clean. The more pressing and prodding will make things worse.

Also remember, the most organic and natural of products, once it's bottled and distributed, it would be a few months before it gets to you - if it's so natural, the product will deteoriate so they still need to put in chemicals and other stuff to keep the product stable. It's like putting sugar and salt in all the canned food. So, don't believe everything you read - marketers / copywriters like us get paid to write and make these stuff up and let me tell you, the words Organic, All Natural, Pristine, 100% whatever, etc are words we use all the time to help the manufacturers SELLL their products :) and help you waste your $$$. Do you know that the cost of a product - you are mainly paying for packaging, container and advertising and the cost of the actual product i.e. the cream / liquid / etc is actually very low...

You got to try Monrose products it, it is wonderful ! :clapclap:

My face always feel itchy and sensitive last time.. The balancing day cream and its cleanser solved my skin sensitivity and itchiness, i like to apply it with thick layer on face because it seems like a make up base for me, because it makes my VERY RADIANT and smooth. I even use it at night although i was told by carrie that i m not suppose to do that. But i love it VERY VERY much :wub:

Edited by jingyee

Just my 2 cents...I would suggest that you DONT use/try Face Shop's sleeping mask if you have super sensitive skin. It has a lot of ingredients which, in my opinion, may cause an allergic reaction when applied to sensitive skin and/or be pore clogging which would result in the growth of comedones or pimples.. Dont go for brands like this when u have sensitive skin. It's best to go natural/organic so you can be sure that you dont pile chemicals to further damage your already extra sensitive skin.

Thanks for sharing with me Teff. I didn't know that this sleeping can be so powerful one :blink: , luckily i haven't buy it yet. I m now using those fresh aloe vera gel from the plant instead..so far ok...

Try drink MELILEA GREENFIELD ORGANIC.

testimony i heard from who consume Melilea Greenfield organic was:

"I have been consuming Melilea Greenfield Organic for 3 months. This product is so amazing that I feel compelled to share the benefits I have gained.

I've had acne on my face for at least 12 years. I had tried practically everything to get rid of it... oral and topical antibiotics, acne creams and facial products. None of them helped. My confidence was at the lowest level... I was hiding from people, not wanting anyone to see my face.

Besides my face, I had eczema on my body, legs and arms. Scratching only makes my skin condition worst as the eczema spread to other parts of my body. Reluctantly, I had to use steroid cream regularly (not recommended) as the itchiness was unbearable.

After consuming Melilea Greenfield Organic for 2 months, my complexion has improved significantly and my eczema is gone! I was ecstatic." (Rena, K.K)

http://melileaorganiclifestyle.blogspot.co...ld-organik.html

Hmmm...i tried before but i don like the taste of it..but thanks for sharing with me :D

Try Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser - great for sensitive skin. Leaves a bit of a moisturizing film after washing which helps hydrate the skin. Not expensive, about Rm35 from any pharmacy. I've also been using the Moisturizing Cream - that's relaly cheap in the US (I buy it by the jar!) but in KL you can only get in a tube format - not quite sure about the price though.

IF you don't sleep in an air cond room, you don't need much moisturizer but if you do, then you need to use moisturizer when you sleep.

And, keep your skincare regime simple - no need all the mask mask all, no need facials - just keep it clean. The more pressing and prodding will make things worse.

Also remember, the most organic and natural of products, once it's bottled and distributed, it would be a few months before it gets to you - if it's so natural, the product will deteoriate so they still need to put in chemicals and other stuff to keep the product stable. It's like putting sugar and salt in all the canned food. So, don't believe everything you read - marketers / copywriters like us get paid to write and make these stuff up and let me tell you, the words Organic, All Natural, Pristine, 100% whatever, etc are words we use all the time to help the manufacturers SELLL their products :) and help you waste your $$. Do you know that the cost of a product - you are mainly paying for packaging, container and advertising and the cost of the actual product i.e. the cream / liquid / etc is actually very low...

Wow, thank you for such a detail explaination. :praisegod: Ooh, i really thought organic skin care is super natural...hmmm...i learn something today. :)

I m using ceptahil cleanser before this , it is very good for my dry skin. But my skin now has slowly turn into a bit oily, so i found it like not clean after washing ..

You got to try Monrose products it, it is wonderful ! :clapclap:

My face always feel itchy and sensitive last time.. The balancing day cream and its cleanser solved my skin sensitivity and itchiness, i like to apply it with thick layer on face because it seems like a make up base for me, because it makes my VERY RADIANT and smooth. I even use it at night although i was told by carrie that i m not suppose to do that. But i love it VERY VERY much

:wub:

ya, i have seen many babes here commented abt monrose day cream.. i wonder if they have any sample to retail...i m very worry i will get allergy to the cream again...pretty sad...i have tried many creams, but either my face will feel itchy after few days or it will be too oily for me.. :tear:

Also remember, the most organic and natural of products, once it's bottled and distributed, it would be a few months before it gets to you - if it's so natural, the product will deteoriate so they still need to put in chemicals and other stuff to keep the product stable. It's like putting sugar and salt in all the canned food. So, don't believe everything you read - marketers / copywriters like us get paid to write and make these stuff up and let me tell you, the words Organic, All Natural, Pristine, 100% whatever, etc are words we use all the time to help the manufacturers SELLL their products :) and help you waste your $$$. Do you know that the cost of a product - you are mainly paying for packaging, container and advertising and the cost of the actual product i.e. the cream / liquid / etc is actually very low...

nekochan. i definitely agree with u. sometimes i feel we are paying more for packaging than for product that is why i always look at the ingredients of the product. i read somewhere that manufacturers have to put the ingredients with more percentage first and the least percentage at the end. also.. at least i know how much natural stuff i am actually buying.

anyway, i was at this new mall in PJ called Tropicana City Mall and saw a shop there that sold organic skin products! I think the name is Body Bar... i was like testing products there like crazy... i read the ingredients and most of the products all had natural ingredients at the beginning of the ingredient list so should be quite natural.. there was summore this one brand called Mukti from Australia that is certified organic. Price all quite reasonable.. just below hundred.

was going to buy a whole set of mukti and remedic but then no credit card machine =( going again this week with $$$ yay!

Hey winterblue.... for NATURAL & ORGANIC SKINCARE that is AFFORDABLE... check out BODYBAR All Natural & Organic Skincare which just opened at Tropicana Mall, PJ. It is a one-stop-natural-skincare shop. The concept is to offer skincare that is "good enough to eat" ie. no artificial fragrance, no artificial color, no harmful preservatives, no petrochemicals, no harsh detergents, no animal cruelty.... at an affodable price (comparable to Bodyshop and Skin Food price range). Some of the range is certified organic and 100% natural (eg. Mukti) while most of the other range is at least 90% natural.

The blog (My Women Stuff) recently did a review, read it here -http://www.mywomenstuff.com/2008/12/30/bodybar-natural-skincare-your-one-stop-organic-skincare-store/

Many brands from Australia & New Zealand such as Mukti, Remedica, etc... and the best part is... it's very cheap and affordable!! Go check it out!!

n739563860_1324044_8276.jpg

bodybar.jpg

bodybar3.jpg

woops... hehehe.. ya this is the store! naturalbabe u the owner?

love the shop.. see you soon! please get a credit card machine!

Winterblue, u may give a try to MonaVie juice. It was claimed to help eczema skin and all types of sensitivity problem. This could be due to your body lack of certain vitamins :unsure: ..

Thanks for sharing with me Teff. I didn't know that this sleeping can be so powerful one :blink: , luckily i haven't buy it yet. I m now using those fresh aloe vera gel from the plant instead..so far ok...

Wow, thank you for such a detail explaination. :praisegod: Ooh, i really thought organic skin care is super natural...hmmm...i learn something today. :)

I m using ceptahil cleanser before this , it is very good for my dry skin. But my skin now has slowly turn into a bit oily, so i found it like not clean after washing ..

ya, i have seen many babes here commented abt monrose day cream.. i wonder if they have any sample to retail...i m very worry i will get allergy to the cream again...pretty sad...i have tried many creams, but either my face will feel itchy after few days or it will be too oily for me.. :tear:

-->winterblue,keep on using aloe vera gel..its the best remedies u can get from mother nature

careful there,u wont want to over do the cleansing until strip ur ski off its own natural moisture and end up with flaky skin..yikes :sick: dont further irritate ur already sensitive skin

-->ur skin dehydrated,thats why u body mechanism signal ur brain to produce more oil(as natural moisturiser) to moisturise ur skin..drink lotsa water and takes lotsa vege&fresh fruits,it helps.and stay away from caffeine and alcohol and cigarrate which can further dehydrate ur skin.if possible,try not to sleep with the air condition on.**put it on for 20 minutes @ 16C and close the door.after 20 minutes enter the room and switch off the air conditioner and instead switch on fan and sleep**

-->u can try to conduct a simple patch test.apply the product on ur inner arm for 24 hours.if theres no allergic reaction within 24 hours,its safe to use the product

but just to be extra sure,u can apply the product,just a tiny bit ,small spot on the jawline nearby hairline and leave it for 24 hours.if theres no allergic reaction,then u can safely use the product

Monrose is selling it. you may email to Carrie to get the price info.. :)

Ohh, i c..Thanks.

-->winterblue,keep on using aloe vera gel..its the best remedies u can get from mother nature

careful there,u wont want to over do the cleansing until strip ur ski off its own natural moisture and end up with flaky skin..yikes

:sick: dont further irritate ur already sensitive skin

-->ur skin dehydrated,thats why u body mechanism signal ur brain to produce more oil(as natural moisturiser) to moisturise ur skin..drink lotsa water and takes lotsa vege&fresh fruits,it helps.and stay away from caffeine and alcohol and cigarrate which can further dehydrate ur skin.if possible,try not to sleep with the air condition on.**put it on for 20 minutes @ 16C and close the door.after 20 minutes enter the room and switch off the air conditioner and instead switch on fan and sleep**

-->u can try to conduct a simple patch test.apply the product on ur inner arm for 24 hours.if theres no allergic reaction within 24 hours,its safe to use the product

but just to be extra sure,u can apply the product,just a tiny bit ,small spot on the jawline nearby hairline and leave it for 24 hours.if theres no allergic reaction,then u can safely use the product

i still continue using the aloe vera gel...Hey...Thanks for the method u taught me d3vil doll....i have leart something new today, :clapclap:

Ohh, i c..Thanks.

i still continue using the aloe vera gel...Hey...Thanks for the method u taught me d3vil doll....i have leart something new today, :clapclap:

ur welcome winterblue..if u have anything,feel free to ask yea?

i think they don't hv any samples for retail winterblue.. 8)

Hi babe, I m new here... :D hope to get some advice from everyone..

I do not know how to describe my face condition, it doesn't has any redness and itchiness. But whenever i try to apply moiturizer on face, my face will get slightly itchy or red after only 1 day..It is kinda strange right? :( I have used many sensitive range product, but condition is still the same. If i choose to skip moisturizer and sunblock..my face will become dry and uncomfortable . :shakehead: i kinda miserable and sad with my face.

Do anyone here has the same problem like mine, Or i m the only one..... :bag: pls advice ......

you can try the hydro range,choose the mild one is nt the strong and cleans deeply when you remove the make up

Hi babe, I m new here... :D hope to get some advice from everyone..

I do not know how to describe my face condition, it doesn't has any redness and itchiness. But whenever i try to apply moiturizer on face, my face will get slightly itchy or red after only 1 day..It is kinda strange right? :( I have used many sensitive range product, but condition is still the same. If i choose to skip moisturizer and sunblock..my face will become dry and uncomfortable . :shakehead: i kinda miserable and sad with my face.

Do anyone here has the same problem like mine, Or i m the only one..... :bag: pls advice ......

dear, u can try Botani organic skincare. I have sensitive skin too, but this product works well for me. if you are with combination skin, u can choose Boost Balancing Moisturiser. If dry skin then Repair Cream.

As I know it is only available in an online shop in Malaysia - nature in a box. Hope this helps.