Sign in to follow this  
dotti

No Romance without Finance

The Fact is..  

49 members have voted

1. 1. There is no Romance without Finance

• Yes, absolutely True!
    • No, I can not agree..

First of all, Romance is defined as a 'love affair' by most authors :wub: .

My friends and I have enjoyed debating this topic because it really does blur the line between realism and superficiality.

The most socially acceptable answer would most probably be NO, because money can't buy happiness.

But when I've really thought about the amount of cash spent between my partner and I, it really gets me thinking:

We certainly WANT money because it can fuel romance.. so do we NEED money to achieve this sought-after goal of true love and happiness?

Would love to listen to more opinions on this issue 8)

It honestly depends on the type of romance you sought after. If you think splurging on fancy food /gifts equals romance then yes I suppose you’ll need money for romance. But if you’re happy with a simple candle lit home cooked dinner (which is far more romantic trust me!) while snuggling at a couch watching a good movie then no, you don’t need a lot of moolah to be romantic. Quite subjective and up to individuals to be honest.

I think it's especially so in Malaysia, wherever you go RMRMRM! When I was in Sydney, my partner and I would settle for a cheap train/bus ride to the beach and spend the day there sipping lemonade and enjoying the view. Here you'd have to drive everywhere (mostly end up at the mall) and no natural scenery like big parks and beaches to enjoy (unless you're interested in housing area parks and ports for beaches!). <_<

It's all depend on the individual between the couple. Some may thinks that money is not important at certain point.

=]

Agree with Cas. It really depends.. But I would like someone who is financially stable, otherwise, he must be independent by earning his own pocket money and not wasting it like no other. Like a case of my friend, her bf is so terrible (no rich yet always buy cigarettes and expects my friend to pay for his meals). :loser:

could not agree more romance definitely needs money. i posted b4 to ask the more precise amount figures, well they mentioned 7 digits and above.. the rest feed back as many as possible money they could have.

it depends what type u seeking as well, normally romance nowadays really needs money.

Not 100% on both. But no money can really ruin a romance sometime. So...have to face it money will be a big factor SOONER OR LATER.

12 months salary.. with 4 months bonus.. approximate..

7 digit mean 100k... so basically 6k per month lo ..

fuyooh..A man can have a car, house, eligibility for credit cards, and buy romantic things with 6Gs :)

Voted yes... This world is getting real. No money=cant own/do many things. Depends on case to case. Different ppl hav different needs i guess. But still, if u dun hav $$, u'll hav more arguments n stuff on $$ ( paying bills, etc etc).

Sum wont mind living a hard life, sum cant take it. SO, depends.

wat makes the world goes out of shape then?

no money also can be romantic, as long as both are sincere to each other. :)

:lol: ya its also money tht makes love out of shape

agree agree ^^ no money also hv no money kinda romance :)

Romance..I m NOT good in that, still learning from korean drama, kaka :lol:

..hehe; off-topic.. reminds me of my BF's sister.. sits on the couch all afternoon & night after work, watching Korean drama. Increasing her expectation for such romance.. :P

12 months salary.. with 4 months bonus.. approximate..

7 digit mean 100k... so basically 6k per month lo ..

Hi everybody :)

Just to clarify, 7 digit means 1,000,000 (one million)

6k per month is within reach of most above 25, but that isn't enough for 7 digits...or romance i think :P

In my opinion, financial stability gives us security and self esteem (regardless of gender) and a healthy relationship can't exist without these. I am sensing a little one sided-ness here (no romance without male finance), that females are expecting their partners to be financially secure...fair enough, true to the adage that men ought to be supporting the family; but i think girls who depend on or go after rich people will be insecure about their partners; a man's wealth can increase with age and experience, but can a woman's youth and beauty do the same?

Too quiet in the office, thanks for reading and for letting me waste your time hah!