Sign in to follow this  
berries

My bf first vist what to buy for my parents??

Hihi..

Me going to bring my boyfriend home this weekends. cracking my head don't know what to get for my parents :unsure:

Got any idea? what did u get for ur gf parents for ur first visit? or what ur bf get for ur parents on his first visit??? ...... hmmmmmmmmm

It really depends what your parents interest in...

If your parents like to drink wine ,your bf could buy 2 bottles of wine..

or just ask your bf to bring your parents out for dinner at their favorite restaurant?!

My bf 1st time visited my parents is during chinese new year, so he bought hampers and wine for my parents.^^

if the girl family is not 'money-minded' then you empty hand also nevermind. I believe what the parents want to see is how you treat their daughter, as long as you are good to her, that's the best gift already. Well... this issue falls on me. so yours not sure lo. If really want to know, ask ur gf what her parents like. Then bring that lor.

1) BRAND’S Essence of Chicken (well it's healthy)

2) Dried Meat (haha.. not sure it's a gd idea anot)

3) A box of Ferrero Rochers (i guess not oli children but adults lovin it 2 plus it's popular as a gift)

Haha..well i still remember the 1st time when my sister bring her bf home for dinner that time..It was mooncake festival (9 yrs ago) so her bf brought us 2 boxes of mooncake..well 2 boxes of it is without yolk in fact my parents likes to eat mooncake with yolk so much except for me & my sis whom doesnt like to eat yolk & my parents was like What!!! no yolk!!! 2 boxes of it!!! haha.. dey din say it out la of course & dey din angry either dey like to joke around..

Dey said it to my sis when her bf was back home.. then my sister like "oh i guess its because he know i dun like eat yolk so he buy without yolk". Until 2day we still consider this as a joke to laugh at him & guess wut "seng mok" jor.. every yr mooncake festival he will brought us double yolk mooncake lolz..

this totally depends on his budget...is he working or still studying? if he's still studying, then i don't think he needs to bring anything, and your parents also won't be expecting anything. but if he's working, i'd suggest he bring something like chicken essence, or bird's nest etc. the purpose of giving a gift is not like trying to bribe the Kitchen God. this first meet is to show your parents that he cares and will take care of you, and at the same time, will always respect your parents...so the gift should preferably reflect that as well. hope this helps :) good luck! hehe..

this totally depends on his budget...is he working or still studying? if he's still studying, then i don't think he needs to bring anything, and your parents also won't be expecting anything. but if he's working, i'd suggest he bring something like chicken essence, or bird's nest etc. the purpose of giving a gift is not like trying to bribe the Kitchen God. this first meet is to show your parents that he cares and will take care of you, and at the same time, will always respect your parents...so the gift should preferably reflect that as well. hope this helps :) good luck! hehe..

AGREE..Depend to his budget...No need to kapala pusing just because of this, be natural, just buy what you feel best to your parents... No necessary to be expensive...

yup i dunno ler i am studying also. But i think need to buy something also chicken brands will be my choice or bak kua.

haha, well ~! i think empty handed, fruits, wine or even a small hamper will do~!

for me bringing gift is more of menace & respect. It is not how will your parents think of him~!

as long he got the heart, your parents will know...

However, if your parents really money minded~! i guess he should then prepare a 1 million angpow ~! just kidding

A bottle of wine would be nice. Very classy.

I think a fruit basket would have been trying too hard. You can just ask him to get some fruits from the market. You can get some more exotic or expensive fruits, such as strawberries, persimmons, mangoes, jambu air.

just some 2 cents