Sign in to follow this  
yukisoo

KK Trip with MAS

My jz back from my first KK trip. It's truly a great journey. I'd recommend KK for those who truly love the nature.. When I first saw the mountain, I was amazed..! it seemed like i've reached the heaven :D I stayed in ZEN resort wif my colleagues and we took half of our meals in this resort. Though the food here was not bad but it's quite expensive.. but overall this resort was an ideal place to stay. And what I appreciated most in this trip was that I could fly with MAS. It's just too comfortable.. And I was so surprised I could try the hot meal box which I saw from tv news weeks ago. I didn't eat on the plane but instead take away since I was not hungry at that time. I think it's quite conveninet as it allows passengers to take away. I ate the meal in the resort and it's really delicious. All the memory still keep appearing in my mind now.. I will go to KK again next month for business purpose. Just wondering any nice food in KK? I had no chance to try that due to time constraint in this trip.. So I must make it in my next trip.. Any recommendation? thx a lot!!

go to Little Italy (italian food) near wisma merdeka. Its an absolute MUST everytime I go to KK. Review : http://eats.zestful.org/07/15/little-italy...kinabalu-sabah/

Do Have their sandwich. And since u're in KK, dont forget to try out the seafood. Atmosphere is a high class restaurant which serves good cocktails. Not too sure about the food since i didnt eat there.

for more food places, you can check out this site for reviews > http://www.ravejoint.com/cities/1-Kota-Kinabalu

Edited by icednyior

went there sometime last year with another friend of mine and the trip was great eventhough i didnt go up the mountain.

i went to the beaches instead which was truly relaxing :)

Hi babes, I’m thinking of going to KK in December. Getting a package with airasia and the hotel is Seri Borneo Hotel in Sinsuran Complex. Is that right in town where all the attractions are? Anyone else can recommend a good affordable hotel? Thanks

Hi babes,

Just came back from KK on Sunday. It was my 4th trip there... Went to The Tip of Borneo this trip. It was amazing!! Beautiful beach they have there! Should visit to Kundasang, Poring, Manukan Island, Sapi Island. Those were the places that I've visited. I think still have other places that we should visit... Karambunai Nexus Resort were great!! Gayang Seafood can't never be missed too... :P

Hope my info do helps ya... :wink3:

Hi babes,

Just came back from KK on Sunday. It was my 4th trip there... Went to The Tip of Borneo this trip. It was amazing!! Beautiful beach they have there! Should visit to Kundasang, Poring, Manukan Island, Sapi Island. Those were the places that I've visited. I think still have other places that we should visit... Karambunai Nexus Resort were great!! Gayang Seafood can't never be missed too... :P

Hope my info do helps ya... :wink3:

Hey sounds like you had fun. Any hotel to recommend in KK? Something really affordable. Thanks.

Meet a local to bring u around to eat XD. I miss Little Italy... better than Italianies :P

Massy from ravejoint.com is my friend's friend.

Im not quite sure about the hotel rate... but thr are some places not so hot to stay in (i don't trust)

I like Hyatt Hotel, right next to Merdeka Shopping Mall and downstair it a club called Shenanigans

Another hotel is Pan Pasific, or the new Imperial hotel or if you want by the beach Shangri-la beach resort is also nice :)

Best if u google it to research the price

I've been to KK last year. The trip was a disaster but the place was so fascinating. I joined my bf's trip with his best pal. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency for 3 nights. Im so sad that I cannot fully explore KK because there was a gal in our group who really obsessed with the shopping malls (mcm kat kl xde shopping mall)(actually her bf juz got the big sum of money and this gal was so "perasan" and wanna show us off lah, beside she's like a maniac wanna control everything eventhough my bf belanja them as well she made like everyone must listen to her..but waht makes me laugh at her was carrying Carlo Rino just like she's carrying LV, she got the wrong person to show off with :D _ pheww dats bitchy enuff of me)

so back to the topic: i only got time to Ranau where i've been to Kaki Gunung Kinabalu. It was a fantastic scenery and a bit of romantic hahaha..went to the market in ranau:fresh vege and cheap too (im surprised it only cost rm2 for a big bag of vege) then go to Pulau Manukan for snorkeling..Got nice chalet there in Pulau Manukan. Then we go to Pasar Filipin for pearls hunting and manage to buy 1 crystal bracelet and to Pasar Ikan Masin. The rest we go to the shopping malls and end up in room because I very sakit hati with dat gal (can u imagine she kept the rental car's key with her so that we cannot go anywhere w/o her. the rental was shared by my bf n her bf). Me and my bf has decided to go back to KK and explore like a backpacker sometime in Dec this year without this couple anymore. is there any nice place in KK that I shud visit?please update me.

ps: thank god that couple already break off by the time im posting this hahaha