Sign in to follow this  
Teff

HAIR STEAMER & HAIR TREATMENT

Hey babess..am trying to kill 2 birds with one stone here.

Does anyone have their own hair steamer at home? If yes, whereabouts to buy it in KL and how much would a unit cost? Am planning to get one for myself. Thinking of doing my own hair treatment from now on so I can save more :)

Also which intensive hair treatment is the best in the market? I heard that most salons would use cheap treatment but they really work. I've seen some of the weird named brands in those wholesale salon supply shops in Sg Wang, but cant decide on which to get. So can anyone recommend me anything?

Thanx.. ;)

Hey babess..am trying to kill 2 birds with one stone here.

Does anyone have their own hair steamer at home? If yes, whereabouts to buy it in KL and how much would a unit cost? Am planning to get one for myself. Thinking of doing my own hair treatment from now on so I can save more :)

Also which intensive hair treatment is the best in the market? I heard that most salons would use cheap treatment but they really work. I've seen some of the weird named brands in those wholesale salon supply shops in Sg Wang, but cant decide on which to get. So can anyone recommend me anything?

Thanx.. ;)

You can buy hair steamer for those shops that sell hair care products. You know, those salon supply shops. I think they are pretty expensive. Costing a few hundred for a good one if I am not mistaken. Keratase should be the best choice for treatment I think, since its price is so high! Loreal is good too in my opinion. Not those Loreal Esleve. Is those Loreal used by salons. Actually there are a big range out there that are really good as well, the problem is choosing one which suits your hair only because everyone's hair is different. Good luck in searching anyway :)

Edited by love^hurts

Thanks a bunch for your feedback :) Yeah I was kinda expecting the steamer to cost around a few hundred RM. Roughly around RM250-RM300 shud be fine la..if it goes more than that, I'll just have to forego it, although it would nevertheless be a good investment in the long run, huh..(catch 22 lorr) :)

Yeah Kerastase does have excellent treatments but they are so costly :)

xD

i have a really cheap easy method to do my hair treatment at home ><

i use my hair treatment (scalp and hair ends) on my hair, wrap it up with a shower cap, and i dip a towel into a warm-hot water, and place on my head till its cool i'll change again. but it depends on the directions on ur hair treatment, mine just need around 5-10 minutes.

xD

hair steamer is not convenient for me as i am oversea student and i travel sometimes..

the hair treatment i am using is imported from Japan though. Its by far the best i have ever used. you can feel and see the difference after one use... ur hair is less frizzy, softer, smoother, no more tangles, and looks more moisturised. xD

keraetase is not bad too i guess. But i only use their hair styling product.

Nioxin hydrating hair mask and their other products is really good.

paul mitchell products always ensure high quality products in each of their reseller shops xD And believe me, paul mitchell products is GOOD. really really good. ><

Yep, am using Kerastase Oleo-Relax hair treatment anti-frizz oil and their hair mask..

it is quite pricey but the effects are fantastic!!!

I have a few hair masks in fact ..Kerastase, Tsubaki(Japan) and FINO (Japan) all are good too

I do hair mask once a week at home

Like Strawberrybay...

What i usually do is after applying hair mask i wrap it up with a shower cap in the bathroom

I use water heater so the bathroom is quite warm and usually "steamed" though

while doing hair mask i may do other things eg body scrub, face mask..

then after like 10minutes can wash away the mask, follow by hair-conditioner

the results are already good

Some of my frens who go fitness centre do mask in the sauna room, which is a great idea too

i seldom do hair treatment in hair salon cos quite expensive..and sometimes dunno wat products they actually use..

I'm quite particular with my hair care as to me my hair is my "second face" :)

For hair steamer..im not sure abt the price

U can have a look at some wholesaler shops who sell hair products in sg wang..

Thanks much Strawberrybaby & Joelle...yeah, I sometimes do the hot towel hair treatment too but my hair is literally straw like (damaged) as I have battered and abused my hair over the years....so it doesnt really work...only those hair steamers at the salons seem to be able to "soften" my rebellious hair! :)

Thanks much Strawberrybaby & Joelle...yeah, I sometimes do the hot towel hair treatment too but my hair is literally straw like (damaged) as I have battered and abused my hair over the years....so it doesnt really work...only those hair steamers at the salons seem to be able to "soften" my rebellious hair! :)

Don't you worry that the outcome from your own DIT steam treatement isn't same as those done in hair salon? Well, when I get my hair blown in hair salons, my hair would turn out soft and silky. But if I blow at home, it will turn out very dry. Wonder if same thing will happen to hair steamers?

Don't you worry that the outcome from your own DIT steam treatement isn't same as those done in hair salon? Well, when I get my hair blown in hair salons, my hair would turn out soft and silky. But if I blow at home, it will turn out very dry. Wonder if same thing will happen to hair steamers?

Yeah you got a point there....hmmm..true..true..

But once get my own steamer and my hair benefits from the steaming (at low cost too LOL) I think I would be able to live with not-so-soft-hair compared to when done at the salon :)

Thanks girls, I really appreciate all ur feedback..:)

Ok my bf just got back from Low Yatt..and he saw a steamer from one of the shops, he went to check out for me. Brand new, RM200 made in Taiwan with a 1 year warranty. Apparently the asking price is RM315, but my bf managed to nego until RM200...Is that good enuff babes ie quality (Taiwan)? Am not really good at differentiating stuff made from different countries actually :)

er very hard to say one lor. i fren bought 1 made in china... less than 200.. last until now... hehe. got 1 year warranty ma yours, should be ok gua....

but make sure u will use it after u buy lor.. i fren bought it.. at 1st very hardworking..do every week. after that. in store room liao :P

i use Vo 5 hot oil treatment wo.

no need to steam but must pre heat the oil.

results very nice lo.

smooth and silky

samo i buy during guardian stock clearance. 8 bucks for 4 tubes.

which VO 5 U MEAN?there's quite sum few types in the market...how much does it cost

yeap...KERASTASE IS STILL THE BEST OVERALL...hehe

xD

i have a really cheap easy method to do my hair treatment at home ><

i use my hair treatment (scalp and hair ends) on my hair, wrap it up with a shower cap, and i dip a towel into a warm-hot water, and place on my head till its cool i'll change again. but it depends on the directions on ur hair treatment, mine just need around 5-10 minutes.

xD

hair steamer is not convenient for me as i am oversea student and i travel sometimes..

the hair treatment i am using is imported from Japan though. Its by far the best i have ever used. you can feel and see the difference after one use... ur hair is less frizzy, softer, smoother, no more tangles, and looks more moisturised. xD

keraetase is not bad too i guess. But i only use their hair styling product.

Nioxin hydrating hair mask and their other products is really good.

paul mitchell products always ensure high quality products in each of their reseller shops xD And believe me, paul mitchell products is GOOD. really really good. ><

are you from malaysia? can iknow where u buy paul mitchell products ?

Dessange and their award-winning team of expert hair stylists and colouri have been providing the best hairdresser services across Sydney and internationally including runway hair styles and Brazilian Blowout Zero services.

Our experience in creating the most innovative and desirable hair styles and colours as well as working extensively with celebrities and on editorial shoots has earned us the reputation as one of the premier hair salons in Australia.

As expert hair stylists and colourists qualified in a range of high-end services, here at Dessange we pride ourselves on delivering the very best in customer service to all our clients. That’s because our team strives to be the best hairdressers in Sydney each and every time you visit.

With some of the world’s most sought-after celebrity hairdressers on our books, you can be sure that every visit with us will be an indulgent A-list experience where the best service is yours to enjoy.

Make your appointment with us for the celebrity treatment you so richly deserve.