Sign in to follow this  
Peachgal

Pleasing others ...

They are ppl who like to 'polish shoes' (in Cantonese) ... means to say good thgs in front of ur boss or particular fren,praise them, pleasing them juz to make them like you...

some ppl will argue that it's a survival technique as it's a dangerous world out there... in order to survive we need to please other ppl ... fullfilling their needs to be pleased...

some will say that as long as you are doing wat you should, being responsible and trustworthy ... u do not need to please other ppl... the act of pleasing other ppl in order to get attn and liking from them is inappropriate ...

So what do you think ... is it essential or improper??? Why?

... as long as you are doing wat you should, being responsible and trustworthy ...

this is pleasing to a lot of people.

this is pleasing to a lot of people.

You mean we are always doing sthg to please ppl - consciously or unconsciously?

We act to please that someone?

You mean we are always doing sthg to please ppl - consciously or unconsciously?

i mean someone who is like this:

... as long as you are doing wat you should, being responsible and trustworthy ...
will find themselves pleasing to many people.

I used to care so much bout pleasing everyone until last year, when I found out that if u do so some evil ppl can take advantage of that and step and stomp on you.

certain kinds of people like ur parents and ur family and close friends or life partners are worth pleasing, other than that are not...

Well....we do not need to do much to please a person as long as ur personality is pleasant. However, sumtimes u still need to please a certain kinda ppl to avoid gettin into trouble. For me, it's not wrong to please someone as long as you dun over do it till u degrade urself. Who on earth wud not like ppl to be pleasant to them? Rite?

u treat ppl nice they treat u nice

thats the equivalent trade

but then.. in this world there is no such thing as an equivalent trade

u treat ppl nice they treat u nice

thats the equivalent trade

but then.. in this world there is no such thing as an equivalent trade

Guess what...I just came back from polishing Matsushita managing director's shoes. It's an annual dinner and such a pain in the ass...somemore most of them are japanese.

To me, I think polishing shoes is unavoidable. To some people, if you treat them nice, they might not treat you as good as you treat them. Even so, they might take advantage of you knowing that you're a nice person. Think on the positive side, not everyone is like that.

cant agree more....but still, being pleasant to others is in our way, our duty and insurance. Becaus if there is an arguement, we're not at fault if we are pleasant

Well....we do not need to do much to please a person as long as ur personality is pleasant ... Who on earth wud not like ppl to be pleasant to them? Rite?

yes, yes. as long as it's within yourself to give and as long as you're happy to do it. don't worry about how much people gain but on what you gain yourself. if other people happened to love you for your behaviour, it's a real bonus.

thats why i say there is no equivalent trade lo

I dont think that we can ever please everyone in this world. Hence, why bother? Just be yourself and if in the process you please others with your strong traits then kudos to you. However, at times when you're at work, you need to please your boss but not to the extreme of overdoing it thats for sure. So then I think its situation dependent. smile.gif

how bout among frens??? There are ppl who are so fake where they will like praise someone out of a sudden ... 'like good prresentation' when that person din really speaks up during the presentation as they ran out of time ... or 'XXX, u very terror leh. You get the points of the art exhibition juz like wat was written in the article on the artist' ... it was so obvious that those being praise also dunno wat to reply them and juz keep quite and those around them straightaway get wats happening ... do these ppl exceed the limit of praising some1? What you think bout these ppl?

praising well that a diffrent story infront of my close frens I am honest straighforward to tell them anything but to my otr frens if they dont do well or something I dont go that overboard to praise someone for that..that's just fake

but I cant help pleasing people!I have a habit of fulfiling everyone needs but never really quite mine thats what my bf always lecture me about that I cant please everyone & being pleased myself at the same time,that if I always do that people will step step squah my head & he said it's better pleasing myself than pleasing someone who won't be satisfied with what I did...well true but I cant help it at least now I'm trying not to do that as much as I used to smile.gif