Sign in to follow this  
Alzier

Anyone Been To Japan Recently

Hello peeps.

Just wondering anyone been to japan of late? I want to know where to get electronic stuff that's cheap in japan.

or something that's good sovenior to be bough back.

I heard stuff at the narita air port is cheaper then the one selling in shop but i am not sure what kinf of stuff though. maybe you all can help me out as i'll be going to Chiba on the 17th of August. Anyone know of anything near Chiba? Its the town where their Natiotal Convention center is. Industries area sadly and it takes 30 min to reach tokyo.

thanks in advance.

for electronics, head over to akihabara - at least everyone says it's cheap there but i didnt get any electronics (=p my purpose is buying clothes and anime figurines)

as for souvenirs, perhaps some wagashi (japanese sweets) or some origami paper? hmmm or some anime figurines (which is darn cheap in mandrake). it depends on who is the receiver - gf? parents? friends? some cute hp decoration (and cheap too) is a good idea too!

if u wanna buy electronics stuff just go to akihabara and bring ur pasport also..find shop thats offer duty free and show ur pasport to them when paying...if u wanna buy clothes..go to shibuya..theres a lot of shopping complex there..if u wanna find some 'japan' souvenirs..go to ginza..theres one famous temple there and theres a lot of stalls selling souvenirs..for sight seeing i suggest u yokohama odaiba...

Edited by stryker

hmmm well as i don't have much time to go shop around actually. The place ia m staying will be near to disney land and its right next to the convention center. sigh... well guess i may need to head down to tokyo for shopping then.

anyone know how much roughly money needed to travel to japan, say i am going to travel 4-5days, juz in tokyo and maybe nearby towns..

and what are the must visit places, or things to do...

My cousin went to Japan, backpack for 2 weeks and spent only RM5k plus, including air fare. She said a lot of ppl tot backpack to Japan is very expensive, but actually not, she siad Japan is so clean that even the cheapest budget hostel is clean enough to stay. Their public toilets look like 5 star hotel toilets.

Saving hard now so that I can go there next year, hope so! ^_^

Woo hoo just got back from japan. Yeah the Country is very clean. although i have 9 days there well i manage to shop for at least 7 days :P

Hmm with 5K well unless you manage to get a cheap airfar and have around 3K to spend well it should be enough. Things are not that cheap in japan so you want to shop there you really must know your price back at home to do a comparison.

Even digital camera they may look cheap but some model is just around RM 100 to 200 cheaper then malaysia so you rather get it back at home.

Clothing wise hmmm no comment.... can be cheap and exp too. Mostly the price starts at 1000 Yen which equates to RM 30. and this are just some plain t-shirt on promo. well maybe i didn't look hard enough to find cheap one. As i stay kind of far of from Tokyo area so travelling to Tokyo cost me 540Yen per trip and travelling alone took me around 6000 Yen.

I went to Akihabara, Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku & disney land. Harajuku is really an eye opener really nice place to be at :)

Akihihabara really sells alot of electrical goods. Really got to slowly slowly find the item you want. Oh yeah just a note if you wanna buy something there. Make you have ur mind set on which model of product you are looking for first else you go there see see you'll go haywired dunno what to buy already.

I got my Canon IXY 810 IS + underwater casing there for only RM 1.6K which is very cheap compare to malaysia. The camera model is the same model in malaysia as Canon IXUS 950IS back here.

Disneyland was great. But was very very packed. due to it being a summer holiday now in japan.

The place i stay at is nice to shop too as it have many factory outlet shop there nearby. You can consider shopping there too. The station to stop at will be Kaihimmakuhari. As you exit the station just turn left and then the building on left side you'll see a big Outlet Shop. Go in there and you'll find alot of Factory Outlet shop there. I got myself an adidas outdoor shoe (those very flexible like climbing shoe one) for only 1600 Yen. something like RM 40 bucks only dirt cheap. :P

All in all i had a good trip. But as i notice if want to stay decently with food and drinks i suggest having more then RM 5K when want to go there. Me alone on this trip spend around 90K yen in cash to buy stuff and soveniour and transport and 90K yen in card for purchase the camera. that cost me around RM 6K already. and i dind't even eat much outside as food is provided for us 3 meals a day. :P I can't imagine having to eat on my own the cost will go up again.

I will definetly go back to japan again but this time round i'll go during their sakura flower season/ Cherry blossom time which is on the last week of March and first week of April every year.

I am missing the place already :( I'll be back again Japan.

if u wanna buy electronics stuff just go to akihabara and bring ur pasport also..find shop thats offer duty free and show ur pasport to them when paying...if u wanna buy clothes..go to shibuya..theres a lot of shopping complex there..if u wanna find some 'japan' souvenirs..go to ginza..theres one famous temple there and theres a lot of stalls selling souvenirs..for sight seeing i suggest u yokohama odaiba...

the famous temple is call Asakusa (pronounce a-sak-sa)

i went to japan with a tour grp in august it was really great + fun + value for money considering everything is inclusive (food,accommodation,transport,entrance fees to disneyland and universal studios) it was with Apple tours, the tour guide was good and very well verse with everything :)

shopping is fantastic in japan!Haha alot of brandedstuff malaysia dont have you can find there.generally speaking i think the clothes are very nice, and the girls should check out burberry blue label handbags.. <-- very pretty and worth buying ;)

oooo If nothing goes wrong will be going to japan again in february next year :P

Aiks, am cancelling the AU trip for this year but instead heading to Tokyo in Feb for 9 days. Have planned well on the trip and then reading this page made me think of that Factory Outlet Store Alzier was mentioning, definately will be putting that into the map for my trip next month.

I have booked the airticket on Thai Aiways RM2209 return. which is cheap!!! And am doing a stopover on the way back to KL in Bangkok for even more shopping! :D The stopover's FREE! At no extra charge. I can't wait. I am applying for my visa in a week's time. My travel agent mentioned that i might get a mth or 3 mths visa depending on the embassy's dissgretion. :P

Wish me good luck on my visa babes!

i miss japan....

me too......

Hi girls well may i know roughly how much it cost to go japan? the air ticket and what flight?I want to do some planning . ^^ thanks girls

Hey Esther,

I've made a booking under Thai Airways for RM2209. but i think you need to book in advance. i booked the ticket in December and i think now it's about a 100 more or so. I'm stopping by Bangkok on the way back and it's free which is a good deal. I'm able to hit 2 cities/countries in one trip. :D