Sign in to follow this  
adzakael

If you accidently poisoned yourself...

If u accidently poisoned urself orally

-its a clever thing to do if u drink litres of yoghurt

-drinking litres of coconut juice will also be helpful

-another method,drink lots of water

all these three method will make u puke.The poison will be in the vomit itself.

eh... if I am not mistaken it is a bad idea to induce vommit if you swallow something acidic... Where to find litres of yoghurt or coconut juice in a hurry?

well,i just saw on tv how two men who were poisoned by two Soviet agents dranks lots of yoghurt to cure themself.

at that time they do hv heaps of yoghurt in their tent.

what about the poison you already absorbed?

Charcoal, water, milk can help to certain extent help neutralize some poison. But it is not a cure but emergency temporary measure.

Best is to go to hospital immediately. Forget clinic because they usually do not have enough equipment for emergency. Bring along the food sample or poison that you swallow along with you.

Hospital will not make you vomit but evacuate your stomach. Vomiting is only good for mild stuff like alcohol but will not remove everything. Evacuation will only bring out poison that has not been absorb. As for poison that has already been absorb, it will depend on the availability of the antitoxin/antidote that hospital have in stock. Most likely they will give the patient plenty of IV fluid; to help the excrete the poison via kidney.

Edited by centaur

well,i just saw on tv how two men who were poisoned by two Soviet agents dranks lots of yoghurt to cure themself.

at that time they do hv heaps of yoghurt in their tent.

erm... two Soviet agents drank lots of youghurt to cure themselves? I wonder what movie it was... Charcoal (meaning 'Activated Charcoal' not our charcoal used for BBQ). Under no circumstances, should you use raw eggs, salt water, mustard, vinegar or citrus fruit juice as an antidote or to make yourself vomit. The best is to be prepared. Have the hospital or loved ones on your speed dial or emergency numbers within reach.

not two Soviet agents la

its two people who were poisoned by two Soviet agents

i saw it on a documentary about this tribe, Pamir Kirghiz who waged war against the Soviets.

37 Uses For A Dead Sheep

This documentary focuses on the Pamir Kirghiz, a tribe that was forcibly removed from their homeland in the Pamir Mountains in Central Asia. Originally, they lived a semi-nomadic lifestyle, wandering across the borders between the old Soviet Union, China, and Afghanistan. As politics and conflicts intensified, however, first the Chinese, then the Soviets tried to control the movements of the Kirghiz, the latter through violence and imprisonment. Eventually, after settling first in Afghanistan, and then in the distinctly valleys of Pakistan, the Kirghiz requested help from abroad. As ethnic Turks, the choice between offers from the United States and Turkey was not a difficult one, and the Kirghiz now make their home in Ulupamir Village, in Eastern Turkey. (From the UK, in English, Kyrgyz and Turkish, English subtitles) (Documentary)

Cyber is right, you don't induce vomitting when you accidently swallow poison all the time. If its a corrosive material , inducing vomitting will damage your esophagus lining and this can make things worse. It'll be best to call the poison centre and hospital for help

Edited by krysli

Actually, assuming we cannot contact the hospital or medical professionals for some reason, what should we do then? Such a quandry. If the poison is not that potent I would think that it might save your life to puke it out at the cost of your esophagus, but... what if it IS potent? Is there anything we can do other than pray for a miracle?

I guess this is a case of being safe rather than sorry, huh? Not that you'd be sorry for long once it's ingested.

What we do here, is call up the pharmacy and provide them with details with what you accidently ( or maybe intentionally hehe) ingested. They will have an idea on what to do in that situation =). Generally drinking heaps of water is a good thing cuz this will dilute whatever you're been taking and decrease its concentration

Edited by krysli

What we do here, is call up the pharmacy and provide them with details with what you accidently ( or maybe intentionally hehe) ingested. They will have an idea on what to do in that situation =). Generally drinking heaps of water is a good thing cuz this will dilute whatever you're been taking and decrease its concentration

Aren't you studying to be a pharmacist?

actually i don't understand how someone would accidentally poison themseleves

too drunk perhaps hahahahaha

Actually, me neither. It's about the same as people nailing themselves in the hand with a nailgun.

Aren't you studying to be a pharmacist?

Yes i am

Im just saying generally if you think you or your child has ingested some poison, it would be best to call up the pharmacy to ask them what to do.

Yeah and i wonder how people accidentally poison themselves too, maybe they overdosed on their usual medications?

Edited by krysli

Yes i am

Im just saying generally if you think you or your child has ingested some poison, it would be best to call up the pharmacy to ask them what to do.

Yeah and i wonder how people accidentally poison themselves too, maybe they overdosed on their usual medications?

Oh. hehehe... I was just checking if my memory stored information correctly. No extra meaning there. :P

actually i hv seen myself how a person could accidently poisoned himself.

it all begin with a practical joke

the guy asked for water to drink,so his roommate gave him a bottle of whitening liquid aka clorox

since the bottle got no label on it,the guy just consume the liquid without knowing its actually clorox

and thats how he nearly got himself killed

actually i hv seen myself how a person could accidently poisoned himself.

it all begin with a practical joke

the guy asked for water to drink,so his roommate gave him a bottle of whitening liquid aka clorox

since the bottle got no label on it,the guy just consume the liquid without knowing its actually clorox

and thats how he nearly got himself killed

I hope he didnt try to vomit it out.

Oh. hehehe... I was just checking if my memory stored information correctly. No extra meaning there. :P

Haha okies, your memory is indeed still very well :)