Sign in to follow this  
`cherish

douches

i saw some magazines write that we should avoid using douches to prevent infection in our vagina?what are douches?are they feminine cleansers like those eubos and carefree?

Douche is a process where u cleanse ur vagina internally. The device consists of a bottle and a spout. In the bottle will be a mixture of whatever solution it is marketed under a certain brand for purposes of vaginal cleansing. The spout is to be screwed onto the bottle and inserted into your vaginal opening. While doing so, you press the bottle and liquid will squirt from the spout into your vagina hence "cleansing" it. But it's best if you dont do it coz it disturbs the vaginal flora. Some brands carry scented solution for their douches and this will trigger bacterial or fungal infection. Apparently the vagina "cleanses itself" hence there is no need for a woman to douche. Some people claim that douching after sex or after period would cleanse the vagina thoroughly. I douched once with a medicated solution when I had a bacterial infection and true enuff it worsened the condition. Eubos and Carefree are brands of intimate/feminine washes (for external use), not douches (maybe they produce douches too, am not sure :)).

Douche is a process where u cleanse ur vagina internally. The device consists of a bottle and a spout. In the bottle will be a mixture of whatever solution it is marketed under a certain brand for purposes of vaginal cleansing. The spout is to be screwed onto the bottle and inserted into your vaginal opening. While doing so, you press the bottle and liquid will squirt from the spout into your vagina hence "cleansing" it. But it's best if you dont do it coz it disturbs the vaginal flora. Some brands carry scented solution for their douches and this will trigger bacterial or fungal infection. Apparently the vagina "cleanses itself" hence there is no need for a woman to douche. Some people claim that douching after sex or after period would cleanse the vagina thoroughly. I douched once with a medicated solution when I had a bacterial infection and true enuff it worsened the condition. Eubos and Carefree are brands of intimate/feminine washes (for external use), not douches (maybe they produce douches too, am not sure :) ).

They do produce douches as well, but not available in Malaysia, I think. I got confused because of this. But I finally got the idea after reading your post. I am not planning to use it actually, but scared that I will got the wrong product when buying feminine cleanser. Thanks anyway :)

actually douches are not necessary. the vagina itself is a self-cleansing mechanism. dats why u have discharges. using douches may irritate ur vagina if not done properly