Sign in to follow this  
vampieeye

ceaserean vs natural birth

am in my 6 months pregnancy. still deciding to go with ceaserean or natural birth.

Has anybody here gave birth? and which method u choose? and the rant and rave?

can share? thanks! =)

am in my 6 months pregnancy. still deciding to go with ceaserean or natural birth.

Has anybody here gave birth? and which method u choose? and the rant and rave?

can share? thanks! =)

Hi it depands on ur bb's situation, sometimes just can't plan :) if no 'complication' then go for natural if not then ceaserean

I've done both :P

1st bb was breech so hv to ceaserean

2nd bb Dr n hubby advise to do ceaserean but since everything's fine so I follow my heart n go for natural birth :D

natural birth = suffer 1st, enjoy later cos very painful b4 n during birth

ceaserean = enjoy 1st, suffer later cos no 'pain' during giving birth but the next day it'll b soooo damnnn painful ha ha

i've never had any experience, but these are some of the things that i heard.

1) my sister chose caesarean because she didn't want the pain. at the same time, did you know that some people choose caesarean because they didn't want their vaginal passage to expand during birth? (in other words, maintain great sex after birth). i don't know whether this myth is true, but from what i heard, this myth is wildly popular

2) my friend's first child was natural. 2nd child, premature, so had to caesarean. she really felt pain afterwards, until she swore she doesn't want to have children anymore. very painful. and also, there's a possibility your tummy might open up again due to stitching not properly healed.

3) a friend's sister's tummy opened up few days after giving birth because she did caesarean. and now they are implementing a new type of stitching which doesn't actually require stitching, but stapling your tummy with a special type of glue.

again, i would like to stress, these are just the things that i've heard. i have no experience whatsoever. do not want to scare anybody.

but if it were me, high possibility to choose caesarean. hahaha...

like what veron said, which one do you want? suffering first? or later? either way it will be painful. but you get a little bundle of joy to soothe you through the pain.

good luck! :D

p/s : what about that new technique? giving birth in the water? has it come to Malaysia yet?

I think I have heard alot of encouragement given to go for Natural Birth. Afterall, isn't natural the best way to go? Also the idea of someone cutting open my tummy isn't very pleasant. But hey, the whole pic of the actual baby coming out isn't pleasant either way (darn that Eve!)

hehe.. i had my first baby 2 yrs ago.. i had a natural birth.. no pain killers.. coz the birth was too fast that they couldnt give me any drugs coz it might affect the baby... if i had a choice.. i'd still go with the natural birth, even tho its painful.. you forget the pain straight after the baby comes out coz u'l b holding a miracle in your arms.. not enough time to worry about pain.. :D and the good thing is.. u recover probably a week or 2 after the birth! u can move, u can carry ur baby.. can rock rock wit ur baby.. hehe coz i heard.. having a c-section.. will take about 3 months to recover fully, and during that time, muz b very careful etc.. i'm not one of those ppl to 'pantang' alot of things.. so.. :)

but.. as they say.. its a personal choice.. whatever happens.. will b ur own decision... wish u all the best for ur pregnancy.. and one tip.. walk alot during labour.. will help.. :D

as wat myb babes said.. natural birth hv to suffer b4 and during labor... but the most miracle thing is tat whn baby come out and the mother hold the baby .... u can see the mother totally forgot about her pain although some needed stitches (episiotomy) due to lacerations at the vagina.... interestingly, the next day, u can talk the to the mother nicely, and u can see them walking on the following day ....

C-sec ... done if thr is complication during labor or during preg or sometimes are from the request by mothers... alot of pain and mother unable to come out fr the bed ... aactually.. thr are quite a number of complications fr c-sec... complications fr anaesthesia, during surgery and aso future complications ( rupture of uterus (rarely this days), placenta previa and etc,,)

but ... if u wanna go natural birth... advice to go to private hosp...better care.. and staffs thr are really nice and very encouraging during ur labor and they talk to u to take out the fear fr u .... not in gov hosp... some of them are really nice esp the olds ones but some of them really treat u horriblely and scold u during labor esp the young ones..

if still insists to go to gov hosp... ask for 1st class...there .. at least ur husband will be next to u during labor and u can avoids all the scolding fr nurses and doctors!!! :D

Natural! I had mine birth experience last year. I tried natural birth at first but my baby was too naughty, her head turn down but didn't want to come down any further to engange at the cervix! So i was forced to go for emergency c-sec. The after birth wasn't that scary but it's the recovery part. My other friends who gave birth exactly the same date could do gym and exercise much earlier and they slim down really fast!

And me, the meat around the incision are like dead liao... cannot go flat anymore!!!! :crybaby::crybaby:

oh yeah.. yeah.. i heard about this part too, where the meat is flat, can't go any thinner.

but i'm just confused, coz my sister seems fine. she just gave birth 2 months ago. and she's up and about now. even a few days after giving birth she seemed fine.

Hey, thanks guys for all the replies.. =)

well, for those who already gave birth and choosen natural birth..

am really sorry to ask but i really hope to know that..

does it really effect your sex life after that?

sorry to ask so.. cos i really wondering.. hmmm..

can anybody clear my doubts?

*million thanks!*

u kno.. a friend of mine gave birth the same year as me.. for her.. didnt affect her sex life much.. but for me.. lol i was suffering from post-natal depression.. so that didnt help much.. but.. it doesnt really affect anything.. u're still pretty much the same.. except for.. ahem.. ur boobs.. if u choose to breast feed.. they get saggy after you stop... :cry:

Hey, thanks guys for all the replies.. =)

well, for those who already gave birth and choosen natural birth..

am really sorry to ask but i really hope to know that..

does it really effect your sex life after that?

sorry to ask so.. cos i really wondering.. hmmm..

can anybody clear my doubts?

*million thanks!*

Hi, for me natural / c-sec =no diff. but it varies diff ppl hv diff effect wo :P

u kno.. a friend of mine gave birth the same year as me.. for her.. didnt affect her sex life much.. but for me.. lol i was suffering from post-natal depression.. so that didnt help much.. but.. it doesnt really affect anything.. u're still pretty much the same.. except for.. ahem.. ur boobs.. if u choose to breast feed.. they get saggy after you stop... :cry:

U can try wearing well supported / push-up bra n hv to wear 24/7 to make the 'muscle' get back in shape :) dont forget the tummy too hv to wear gurdle to 'push' all the internal organs back to their place if not no matter how much u excercise tummy still bulge

Haiz....it's not easy being woman le ^_^

Edited by veronwps

given a choice i would have gone for natural birth. natural birth heals faster plus you get back in shape pretty effortlessly.

my two babies came from c-section. i had no choice as both were decision of my gyne; babies heart beat matter....:( and we did not wanna take the chances. the day after the c-section was very painful.

i really do doubt having natural birth will affect you sex life. one should do kegal exercise. Weak kegal muscles can contribute to pain during birth and weak kegal muscles also affects your sex life.

lastly, all the best and awaiting to see your healthy baby soon!!

wow.. thanks for the replies again.. =)

am now waiting for my BB to come out.. hmm..

still got like 3 months to go, just cant wait to deliver and slim down again.

but anyway dono will slim down anot.. lolx!

hopefully i can wear back my clothes if not all wasted liao. =/

can share your secret to slim down after giving birth?

beside BF.. and post-natal massage any other effective ways?

immediately after give birth (if natural), can use the binder for tummy?

How many of you still BF your baby?.. or when u stop BF your baby?

Oops.. its like so many questions.. kekez! =Pp

Secret to slim down.... hmm... Breastfeeding! That's fast... Serious, I didn't even control my meal, I even eat supper... I still eat well, no exercise at all... my weight didn't go down a lot a lot but it didn't come up and I am still losing weight.... But slower. My baby is exclusive breastfed. It has been almost 8 month... No plan to stop yet... I can put up my jeans like in 3 months time, but my upper body is heavy, especially my boobs! I am still carrying quite a number of post natal weight, i put on 20kgs!!!!!

If breastfeeding + exercise + good diet, you get superb result within 2 months. That's what happened to my friend. She lost 8kg in 2 months!!!!! She still eat carbo,k? Amazing!

er..vamp.... That I am yet to find out. But i don't think it happened to everyone. Mine are really big, so I guess they will sag somehow. My friend breastfed for 14 months, her's always a cup B even afterdelivery, no sag wor, still very nice when she put on really tight fitting clothes, without bra! :P

Go 4 natural birth and the doc will advise you after birth to do some exercise to strengthen back the muscles at vagina. You can do it anytime even when sitting, suck in your stomach and vagina area and hold for 10sec. It helps and eventho i have done both c-sec and natural, i would say natural is the best. Pain is subjective and depends on your pain threshold level but for me i felt it was just like bad menstrual cramps. Now if you ask me how it felt, i dont really remember but i can remember after C-section when the anaesthetic wore off...the pain was excrutiating tho lasted only awhile cos they injected painkiller again. After that you have trouble moving around due to stitches and problem to breastfeed properly as sitting up was uncomfortable.

Dont worry about the weight gain..when you are young..its easy to get rid off excess weight...dont be in such a hurry..enjoy the miracle of your baby and keep and eat healthy as you will be feeding your bb. Dont take too much ginger and wine as it ends up in your breastmilk. My bb had heat rashes and doctor told me to stop taking so much ginger and dome.

Hey babes!

Not my time to post in here I know.. but I was doing a medical attachment at Hospital Tuanku Jaafar in Seremban, and spent a day in the labour ward..and juenlil is right, some of the nurses are really nice, but the young nurses are TERRIBLE! The way they scold and scold the mum during labour cause she moans and groans! Its like a neverending soundtrack of "teran!! teran!!!" ("push!! push!!") and "teran macam nak berak sembelit!!" (push like you're trying to shit during constipation!!" )lol and "jangan bising puan! tutup mulut tu dan teran!!!!! ("don't make noise madam! shut your mouth and push!!!!"

Watched them doing an episiotomy.. oh lord I couldn't look.

But I must tell you, I watched a baby get delivered, and I CRIED. The mum was totally calm and cool and looked so indifferent but the instant I saw the child slip out, i started getting teary eyed and happy lol. Hahahahaha.

Hey babes!

Not my time to post in here I know.. but I was doing a medical attachment at Hospital Tuanku Jaafar in Seremban, and spent a day in the labour ward..and juenlil is right, some of the nurses are really nice, but the young nurses are TERRIBLE! The way they scold and scold the mum during labour cause she moans and groans! Its like a neverending soundtrack of "teran!! teran!!!" ("push!! push!!") and "teran macam nak berak sembelit!!" (push like you're trying to shit during constipation!!" )lol and "jangan bising puan! tutup mulut tu dan teran!!!!! ("don't make noise madam! shut your mouth and push!!!!"

Watched them doing an episiotomy.. oh lord I couldn't look.

But I must tell you, I watched a baby get delivered, and I CRIED. The mum was totally calm and cool and looked so indifferent but the instant I saw the child slip out, i started getting teary eyed and happy lol. Hahahahaha.

yeah agree with u ... the older nurses are nicer bcos they whn thru the same process b4 and the young ones havent yet .. they think laboring is as easy as ABC... about the medical officers .. they sucks too ... they scold and beat the mother's stomach if mother unable to obey their the commands esp whn mother fails to teran!!!!

Wah...so teruk 1 which reminds me of mine too but the nurse was just a bit impatient then the Dr gave a 'stare' she then kept quite :P thats why I heard that nurses in gov hospital r very fierce my friend went to GH got scolded too 'bila buat tak sakit tapi sekarang pulak sakit' wonder how they qualify to bcom nurse??!! I always tot nurses hv more compassion.....sigh....

I have a stupid question here... after c-section will it affect our BF? Thanks.

I have a stupid question here... after c-section will it affect our BF? Thanks.

Umm.. it depands on individual; for me I can BF while sitting up or lying down but my friend said her wound's vr painful so can only BF lying down

but I do rec. to use breastpump more convenient :D