Sign in to follow this  
canadian

Travelling to KL and Singapore

Hey all,

I'm leaving for KL and Singapore in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks.

Any places of interest and events? Food (nothing too disgusting) and Entertainment (ie. lounges/bars)?

Yup, its gonna be a short vacation. It would be nice if I can learn something while I am there.

Thanks for the help guys and gals.

Cheers

Any places of interest and events? Food (nothing too disgusting) and Entertainment (ie. lounges/bars)?

Food here is heavenly. But then again what disgusts me may not disgust you and vice versa.

Food here is heavenly. But then again what disgusts me may not disgust you and vice versa.

Haha! Rather subjective are we.

;)

We all have our preferences. I eat tripe, but I'm guessing you don't. :P Same goes for durian. And while I never want to get within 50 feet of a Rafflesia, you probably want to go look for one one of these days. lol

We all have our preferences. I eat tripe, but I'm guessing you don't. :P Same goes for durian. And while I never want to get within 50 feet of a Rafflesia, you probably want to go look for one one of these days. lol

Beef tripe? Yes, I have tried it and I somewhat like it. I wouldn't say, I love it though. ;)

Durian? Have tried it here but they were from Thailand. I guess, one must like that acquired texture. Ha! And it smells.

I had to google Rafflesia. Looks cool though.

I'm actually open-minded and quite adventurous. So, no worries.

Hows the weather at this time of the year?

Edited by canadian

For Singapore, you can try some clubbing area like Clark Quay, you can get club like MOS there. You can go shopping area like Orchard road, or a newly open shopping center called Vivo City. Near Vivo City, there is a new club called st james power station, heard is quite nice also.

You can also explore places around city hall, raffles place, and bugis, they are around the same area.

If you coming for a short trip do check out the nightlife here...

Pubbing wise can go down Mohammad Sultan, there is a stretch of pubs and discos for you to choose. Try Double O seems pretty happening.

Fred is right, there is a new happening place at Vivo City, call Saint James Power Station, its has many discotheques inside which house many discos. Try Dragonfly within. Its the most popular one.

MOS is pretty popular but for the younger generation mostly..

Enjoy your stay. But basically nightlife ends pretty early here, thats why I feel Malaysia's nightlife is much more happening.

How much is Double O's drink now? I didn't go there for years, a lot of young guys there last time.

Hi Fred,

I am not sure been awhile since I been there (approx a year), if I am wrong you pay SGD28 for entrance only(for guys) and each jug is SGD20 or 25 bucks. If any changes the price should be more or less plus minus SGD5 to SGD10 difference only.

Thank you.

Yup, a few more sleeps till I leave for KL and than to Singapore. I will be in Singapore for a week or less.

I was told to check out "Zouk" in Singapore? Is it any good in you people's opinion?

I might be meeting up with friends in Singapore.

Cheers!

Thank you.

Yup, a few more sleeps till I leave for KL and than to Singapore. I will be in Singapore for a week or less.

I was told to check out "Zouk" in Singapore? Is it any good in you people's opinion?

Cheers!

Zouk well haven't been there for sometime already. Wednesday is much more happening it seems. I am not sure if their mambo night is still on. But generally Wednesday is a good pick.

Thank you.

Cheers!

Zouk well haven't been there for sometime already. Wednesday is much more happening it seems. I am not sure if their mambo night is still on. But generally Wednesday is a good pick.

Thank you all.

Had a good time in Kuala Lumpur. Ate lots of food and got sick. I had to burn it all off when I came back home. Amazing that people can have meals 5-6times a day.

Shopping was great. Bought a watch which was cheap in Midvalley.

People were OK. Singaporeans were much helpful and friendly.

It took me a few days to shake off a jetlagg in KL/Singapore.