Sign in to follow this  
dewdrops

Mineral Makeup

erm, just curious, what is the size of the lumiere sample baggies? I read from the site is 1/4Tspn, is it 1/4 teaspoon or 1/4 tablespoon? So it is very little comparing to EDM sample jar?

Tspn means teaspoon.

Yes, if compare with EDM, it is lesser. But enough for more than 5 applications I'm pretty sure, depends how much you use.

EDM sample jar contain 1g product.

Dunno leh, but i think EDM is really good in terms of price and packaging. Those Signature Minerals packaging is so "bah lia" .

Somehow i think need patience when apply mineral makeup

For me I think the EDM brush is very good and affordable, later maybe will buy every single brush to try out. :rolleyes:

Another thing is I found the foundation looks better and easier to apply if i mix in some silk dust, I don't know how to describe it but I do feel better with it, maybe the foundation become lighter? :blink: but too bad I heard that they are going to discontinue the silk dust soon...

Eden

Yupe Silk Dusk (EDM) goin to dis con soon.

But you can try silk dust from other brand like Lumiere or Signature Minerals

Oh i also find that EDM foundation is not easy to apply. Got patches , or maybe coz i didn't wait for my moisturizer to settle in ?

You mix with silk dust? Do u apply apply silk dust --> foundation or mix both in a jar then apply on face?

Would the silk dust give u extra (white) on face?

Here's my update

(combination skin, liquid foundation GA (4.0), Shiseido (4.0)

EDM

I try intensive formula yesterday (3pm-11pm) control oils very oil! (sunblock -->edm) no finishing powder

Signatures Minerals

Their foundation powder is more like my normal loose powder formulation. Doesn't give you the "makeup look". That's why i find that even colour shade 2, 2.3, 3 all works on me, but the closet is 2.3.I use 4.0 for eye highlight (coz this shade is totally out hahaha)

Their powder blend easily for beginner like me.

Lumiere

Faily Light Neutral-Luminessence

Light Beige-Cashmere

This two colour looks diff from jar, when apply on face, i can't tell the diff. Both looks natural on my face. I prefer Luminessence formulation

Light Neutral-Flawless

This is way too light for me. Just like EDM Olive Fair. Gotto mix with other shade.

Light Gold-Veena Velvet

This is a nice shade with light gold.I think it would be perfect for highlight, I haven't try on whole face

I also find that Lumiere and SM easier to blend compares to EDM especially SM. But EDM gives more "finishing" and "porcelain" look :D

P/S : I think good brush is a must here. Coz normal brush dun work here for foundation buffing on whole face. Haiz.... gotto order stupid brush again...

After the pink Kabuki brush from CS, i dare not order from them again.

Wanna ask u gals, how many brush should i keep?

1 foundation 1 finishing?

1 brush for both ?

I'm thinking to order the Flat Top Kabuki. But i afraid if EDM run OOS, they will send me LHK instead!

Is baby Kabuki from EDM good?

Thanks

Edited by sukkimi

Girls, if you are into minerals make up and looking for a good brand, go for Glominerals. You can check out the website www.glominerals.com and it has a Malaysian distributor now. I am using the face primer, liquid foundation and loose powder alternately. The texture is fine and even no problem for break out skin. Besides the distributor, you can get it at aesthetic clinics and some dermatologists.

sukkimi: Hm.. most likely is you didnt let your moisturizer sink in first? Never had patching issue before.

WTH you can make EDM stay on your face that long?! I envy you! Perhaps your sunblock is great in keeping oilies away cos intensive doesnt have much oil controlling power. I read from MUT that oily skin usually have better results with matte. But if your not oily enough, matte usually leaves powdery look. LOL! :lol:

And I think need at least 3 brushes? 1 for foundation, concealer and 1 fluffier one for finishing.

You can read review for brushes you're interested in CS before buying =P

I did TONS including youtube and other sites for the brushes I bought lol!

I thought SM has pretty good coverage lol. I can clearly see the matted look and that the color is too peachy for my skin haha!

But perhaps I just applied with a heavy hand back then. xD

Oh and I just wanna say that I LOVE to see before & after of Grace in SM, lovely look xD

Now that I view SM website, I think 2.0 is peachier/darker than 2.3 and even 4.0? So I should've gotten 2.3 -_-;

But not sure if it's the lighting of the picture.. guess I will sample 2.3 next time.

For you, 4.0 is too light or too dark? Cos I can wear olive fair in EDM so wanna compare =P

ZoeSam: Thanks for sharing!

Is the local distributor available online? Am interested in looking =)

Cant find any prices from the website you gave

Edited by Atomic

For me, SM mineral make up doesn't give the make up look but yet it has good coverage. I just love it. :wub:

Anyway, I use just one kabuki brush for foundation, blusher and finishing powder. It works great for me. I only use a different brush for concealer. Anyway, my Elianto pink blusher brush works well as my MMU foundation brush too! Or maybe it is just me :P

`cherish

Ya i agree SM gives natural finishing. Coz i apply EDM on thu and SM on fri. Then my friend comment that fri look is more natural "Zi Lan"

Elianto pink blusher brush ? Hmm i think i must check it out! Since Elianto is easy on pocket.

Atomic

Oh need to wait for moisturiser to set in, for how long normally ?

Also i think mineral makeup need time (1-2 minutes) to set on face right? Coz when i start apply, it seem like applying nothing then its too late when i realised, i've applied too much

I'm using Avene Emulsion Sunblock SPF 50 :wub:

Do u know is SM 2.3 = shade 2 + shade 3?

OK i've test again ,my shade is 2.3.

Now i'm thinking whether to order a big jar 2.3 or 2 mini 2 and 3

The shade 4 is too light and more to yellow, Just like Lumiere Light Neutral (too light) I 'm using it for highlight

If you can wear EDM Olive Fair, U must be super snow white! :woot: OMG so envy you!

EDM Olive Fair(ori glow) is more "whitish", whereas SM 4 is more (yellow/earth tone). Note that EDM colour is more intense "foundation" effect while SM is more on "loose powder" effect.

Lumiere

This brand their jar does not comes with sifted

Their silk finishing is caking! I mean it has small bubbling. I wonder is it expired or not. Dare not to try it. Maybe i just recycle their jar (since its in square , so cute)

Light Neutral - too light for me (yellow)

Fair Light Neutral - slightly "pale fair"

Light Beige- My Match!

Light Gold- Perfect for summer or shopping under the sun. Coz the golden reflection with sunlight is really nice :P

Overall, i find that foundation coverage (light-->heavy)

SM-->Lumiere-->EDM

I'm thinking to order more brushes from EDM, but not sure if the normal (cheapest) shipping method is okay?

Have anyone try ordering brushes from EDM? Which shipping method did u choose?

Edited by sukkimi

`cherish

Ya i agree SM gives natural finishing. Coz i apply EDM on thu and SM on fri. Then my friend comment that fri look is more natural "Zi Lan"

Elianto pink blusher brush ? Hmm i think i must check it out! Since Elianto is easy on pocket.

Well, that pink blusher brush does work well for me :P but I don't think it is appropriate to use blusher brush for foundation in the long run. I just use it because my kabuki brush isn't dry yet at that time and have no other brushes to use then! lol. But well, it turned out to be pretty great for me :wub:

Can i know which kabuki brush u gals been using?

Coz i've got tons of samples now and no "proper brush yet" haha... Ordered EDM LHK.

Which baby Kabuki would u all recommend ? EDM ? SM- has got a few , dunno which is good

Thanks

I bought mine from the SM seller from LYN. It is a non-branded one I think, but so far so good and I am loving it. I bought it for RM40 I think. Should be cheaper than SM and EDM brushes I think.

Ah i think i know which one. Silver colour handle right?

Hmm, can consider order from LYN seller also

Yes, but it is the one and only kabuki brush that I have ever used so I cannot compare it with other brands.

LOL same, my one and only kabuki is from Lowyat as well xD

After using kabuki, I feel like trying flat top pula lol! Gives better coverage and I need coverage haha!

And lol sukkimi, I think if 2 + 3 = 2.3, they should name that shade 2.5 :lol:

And no idea if it 2.3 really is between 2 and 3. They would've mentioned that if it is, I think =P

For moisturizer, I dunno, just until you felt that it's dry enough?

I usually put moisturizer first thing cos I'm lazy to wait. And go pick clothes and what not.

By the time I'm ready, it's all good xD

Shade 4 has more yellow huh, good =D

Btw, this is weird. Shade 4 is too light but shade 2.3 fits you?

They dont organize their foundation by depth?

For Lumiere, I have their silk powder too. And yes, mine clump together too. So dont think yours is expired lol!

Your looking for brushes? Shenay from lowyat is selling EDM brushes, why not try there? No need to wait that long.

Ya that stupid SM they dun organise their shade as 2(lighter) 4 (darker). That's why i went order 2,2.3,3,4

Ya shade 4 too light. In fact from the jar i can tell its not my shade.

2.3 is perfect for me :D

I 'm thinking to order from the local SM supplier, together with the brush (RM40)

Oh just now i try apply without buffing method (coz i dun have kabuki brush). So i use swipe method. Just swipe swipe in one direction like applying blusher. No patches!

ZoeSam: Thanks for sharing!

Is the local distributor available online? Am interested in looking =)

Cant find any prices from the website you gave

Hi Sukkimi and you ladies out there, their prices are not available online as they do not sell it online. You can call out the distributor's office as how we all do. 03 2116 9750, the company is called Cosmecare Global Aesthetics Sdn. Bhd. I'm using the liquid foundation satin II (honey light) and loved the texture!

Edited by ZoeSam

Thanks ZoeSam, But i seldom use makeup. I'm home based. The only makeup i use is "loose powder". I'm using switching to mineral from my normal loose powder. :rolleyes:

I've been using my sample Sheseido Liquid foundation , and its taking me forever finishing it :lol1:

Wanna ask has anyone order Personal Custom Kit (FULL) from edm before?

Which shipping mode u all use?

Edited by sukkimi

Wah.. going for the jackpot now eh :drool:

Lol no idea, never made such big international purchase before haha!

Ask in FP loh, more seasoned EDM user there xD

Actually hor, i think 1 big jar foundation can last you so a long time. Provided ur skin tone doesn't change (lighter/darker) lol.

Haiz.. but keeping a few shade/formulation of foundation gives u different look (feeling - Gan Zua) :blush:

Somehow i find that EDM (custom kit) is worth taking, as i can choose brushes ($34 *3.4=RM115/6=RM20)

Okay i gotto wait till next month for my signature mineral order. Goin to order my big jar in 2.3

Btw, anyone interested in eye makeup stuff JW Cosmetic is having 23% discount (Discount code : AUG23)

Yep, ordering in kit is definitely cheaper. But in your calculation, you havent add shipping right?

Just made dummy cart of $34 kit and shipping is $10.55 for first class mail and $25.30 for Priority Mail.

So, each item is approx RM25. Which is still cheaper :P

And then for $50 kit shipping is $12.15 for first class mail and same amount for Priority Mail.

And for this kit, each item is approx RM18. :wub:

Edited by Atomic

You're right i haven't include the shipping. But its still cheaper than buying the brush locally (RM40++)

Anyone try mixing the mineral foundation with moisturiser = liquid foundation?

Shenay from LYN is goin to launch another EDM sprees

Here's my mineral loots

MU1.jpg

Edited by sukkimi

Sweet collection :wub:

I'll take one of mine when I'm free teehee =P

How long did SM sample kit take to reach you btw?

Eden

Yupe Silk Dusk (EDM) goin to dis con soon.

But you can try silk dust from other brand like Lumiere or Signature Minerals

Oh i also find that EDM foundation is not easy to apply. Got patches , or maybe coz i didn't wait for my moisturizer to settle in ?

You mix with silk dust? Do u apply apply silk dust --> foundation or mix both in a jar then apply on face?

Would the silk dust give u extra (white) on face?

Here's my update

(combination skin, liquid foundation GA (4.0), Shiseido (4.0)

EDM

I try intensive formula yesterday (3pm-11pm) control oils very oil! (sunblock -->edm) no finishing powder

Signatures Minerals

Their foundation powder is more like my normal loose powder formulation. Doesn't give you the "makeup look". That's why i find that even colour shade 2, 2.3, 3 all works on me, but the closet is 2.3.I use 4.0 for eye highlight (coz this shade is totally out hahaha)

Their powder blend easily for beginner like me.

Lumiere

Faily Light Neutral-Luminessence

Light Beige-Cashmere

This two colour looks diff from jar, when apply on face, i can't tell the diff. Both looks natural on my face. I prefer Luminessence formulation

Light Neutral-Flawless

This is way too light for me. Just like EDM Olive Fair. Gotto mix with other shade.

Light Gold-Veena Velvet

This is a nice shade with light gold.I think it would be perfect for highlight, I haven't try on whole face

I also find that Lumiere and SM easier to blend compares to EDM especially SM. But EDM gives more "finishing" and "porcelain" look :D

P/S : I think good brush is a must here. Coz normal brush dun work here for foundation buffing on whole face. Haiz.... gotto order stupid brush again...

After the pink Kabuki brush from CS, i dare not order from them again.

Wanna ask u gals, how many brush should i keep?

1 foundation 1 finishing?

1 brush for both ?

I'm thinking to order the Flat Top Kabuki. But i afraid if EDM run OOS, they will send me LHK instead!

Is baby Kabuki from EDM good?

Thanks

Last time I tried to mix mint concealer + silk dust + foundation, and I was kind of like the result.

Recently I found it seems like better to do it layer by layer, silk dust, then a layer of original glow foundation, then thin layer of mint concealer, then another layer of original glow foundation. The result is better but more time consuming...

I have a baby kabuki, it is even softer then the long handle kabuki, but it is too small, so can only use for blusher or small area...

Maybe you can leave them a note and remind them NOT to send you LHK if FTB out of stock, i think should be no problem...

I wish to get a FTB too :)