Sign in to follow this  
charence

seeking J-pop Lovers

Japanese music isn't necessarily Anime music. Anyway, I've started to enjoy watching that Japanese music show on Animax channel on Friday evenings. :P It's weird at times, but some days they feature good artists like Gackt, Mika Nakashima, Angela Aki, etc.. But sometimes the performances are horrendous! :D Like silly dancing schoolgirls on stage and cheesy boybands... so geli-fying.

MUSIC STATION !!!....lol... yeah, japanese culture is kind of 'unique'..there's alot of weird stuff...haha

of course I do...

heck... 80% on my ipod is jpop or kpop

what i mean is... not everything that came out of japan pop industry were gems like yuna ito or mika or angela aki or hirai ken. There are duds too (but I won't name any names)...

The same goes for US, UK, Hong Kong or Malaysian music industry... there are good singers that churn out hits after hit but there are also commercial crap that were plain weird or unlistenable...

music station is a showcase of everything that came out of japan music industry (the good and the bad) so of course along with the awesome ones you might ended up listening to the bad horrendous singing also....

Ooh..Ayumi really rocks i tell you. Yes, if u check her profile and her albums, you will be amazed. I salute her...but she has kinda sad past. Father left her and she struggle to make a living. She has her own style and she writes her own song. Her songs are the best and somehow her songs can really connect you into it. lol...i love her.

Ooh..Ayumi really rocks i tell you. Yes, if u check her profile and her albums, you will be amazed. I salute her...but she has kinda sad past. Father left her and she struggle to make a living. She has her own style and she writes her own song. Her songs are the best and somehow her songs can really connect you into it. lol...i love her.

wow....dint really knows abt her past.....so sad huh?.....i do like some of her songs...but some..really cannot le :(

one thing i notice abt ayumi is, she loves to try different style of music....

may i know more abt her past??

Anyone heard of
Misia
?
:)

I love her voice, powerful and unique, just like Faye Wong..
:thumbup1:

I like "In my soul" and "snow song" which included in her album -- "Mars and Roses". Sooooo nice
:wink3:

I like
Koda Kumi
. Her MTVs is just sexy.. phew
She's just cute n sexy..

Ai Otsuka's voice is Q..I like her voice and her song.. She composed her own songs and the title of the songs are so unique, not that ordinary..

Orange Range (Orenji Renji) and Exile's album are great too!!

I love Namie Amuro's "Baby Don't Cry"!! Simply fantastic with the R&B rhythm..

Everytime when I listen to J-POP songs I'll automatically feel high and shiok..haha..don't know why??!!
:lol:

But I'm a music student that I think should be listen to those classical songs instead of focusing too much on J-POP..haih..
:unsure:
confuse lah..

any1 listen to SEAMO & AQUA TIMEZ ??

their song's are nice to hear..

i love YUI's voice too!

btw, i juz got ORANGE RANGE's album-- [ORANGE] & [RANGE]..

WOW~ i'm so hapi tat u cant imagine hw i feel ryte nw!

cuz it's reali hard to dig out their cd in market...

yol got watch "AIR GEAR" showcase in Animax every thursday nite?

i love d openning theme songs! front part rapping, den d chorus part is darn chun!! rock~! love d rythmes ol..nice!!!!

any1 noe where can find out d song a?

i'm a jpop and jrock fan!!

these are the ones i love:

jpop- glay, yui, ayaka, otsuka ai, w-inds., nakashima mika, stephanie, aiko, dreams come true etc

jrock-an cafe, SID, ayabie, gazette etc ^^ <3

Edited by KaedE

hi,

I'm a j-pop fans or ayumi hamasaki fans precisely. Are there any ayumi fans out there? I love to meet one.

I've been listening her songs everyday. And her newly released album 'secret', the best of all.

Who is your favourite j-pop artist?

Luna Sea, Glay, M-flo, Heartsdales and etc

and for those who love sentimental song, must try listen Angela Aki. Sounds like an angel.

Luna Sea, Glay, M-flo, Heartsdales and etc

and for those who love sentimental song, must try listen Angela Aki. Sounds like an angel.

Glay!! Glay is the best!! X3 XD

now i'm addicted to hide's songs~ (hide from X Japan)

too bad he died.. T__T

Glay!! Glay is the best!! X3 XD

now i'm addicted to hide's songs~ (hide from X Japan)

too bad he died.. T__T

yeah, there goes the legendary Pinkspider :(

yeah, there goes the legendary Pinkspider :(

YAAA!! his songs and voice are very nice and different..

he's a really great and talented musician!! T__T

this thursday is going to be his 43 birthday but i'm away.. =(

YAAA!! his songs and voice are very nice and different..

he's a really great and talented musician!! T__T

this thursday is going to be his 43 birthday but i'm away.. =(

his voice is not nice, but then is very unique and outstanding, and when it cope with those songs he compose, it just like a chemical effect. "BOOM" it gives u a impression that u can never forget.

I was a J-pop freak when i was in form3-form5. Still listening to some now.

I got like every CD n Concert & MTV VCDs & stuff.. From hanahana to tokia, larc en ciel to mai kuraki, kinki kids, V6, Ayumi hamasaki, I know every Johnny's boys.. i learnt japanese from the internet.... it was crazy. i spent thousands for those CD & VCDs.. n those Dramas.

Now lost interest already. Am selling most of them...

I was a J-pop freak when i was in form3-form5. Still listening to some now.

I got like every CD n Concert & MTV VCDs & stuff.. From hanahana to tokia, larc en ciel to mai kuraki, kinki kids, V6, Ayumi hamasaki, I know every Johnny's boys.. i learnt japanese from the internet.... it was crazy. i spent thousands for those CD & VCDs.. n those Dramas.

Now lost interest already. Am selling most of them...

Last time the 1st group I listen to is Speed, that time still in secondary school, then after that slowly expose to other J-pop like Smap, Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki. About Ayumi, when she is still new in entertainment circle I really like her song, but now her song is more like a disaster to me. Then J-rock like Glay, Luna Sea, X-Japan, Malice Mizer. Nowdays Japanese songs is not like last time, still some of the song are really nice to listen.

his voice is not nice, but then is very unique and outstanding, and when it cope with those songs he compose, it just like a chemical effect. "BOOM" it gives u a impression that u can never forget.

ya, his voice is not nice, but he has "many different voice"

and that makes his songs nice and makes him special!! *__*

ya, his voice is not nice, but he has "many different voice"

and that makes his songs nice and makes him special!! *__*

nowdays as well got alot of new visual kei band maybe they can do even more better compare to their senpai :clapclap:

hihi , mine favorite jpop is ayumi hamasaki , gackt , mika nakashima , koda kumi, and more and my favorite visual kei band is GAZETTE!!!! now hearing their new songs~~ anyone love gazette too?

hihi , mine favorite jpop is ayumi hamasaki , gackt , mika nakashima , koda kumi, and more and my favorite visual kei band is GAZETTE!!!! now hearing their new songs~~ anyone love gazette too?

I'm not a Gazette fan but i like some of their song like that what "Silly God ????" (forgot the song name) and Filth in the Beauty~

I still love X JAPAN and hide! X JAPAN is having world tour! Their going to perform in Bangkok in 31 January! On valentine's day thier going to Taiwan! Argh!! I MUST GO!!

I listen to Japanese songs too once in a while, but I dare not claim to be an expert. I like Shiina Ringo's style, especially her pre-Tokyo Jihen work. I also listen to any random and nice Japanese songs whenever I get to listen to them. I have listened to and liked works by Mika Nakashima, Utada Hikaru (of course!), M-Flo (very smooth), milder songs of Gackt, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Kimura Kaela, Base Ball Bear...

Actually, I'd just like to introduce a Japanese singer that I really like and I don't think she's very popular. It is Rurutia. She has an amazing voice that is very ethereal and quite pleasant. Check her out for those who don't know her yet and for those who do, let me know what you think about her.

Edited by plumPixie