Sign in to follow this  
SIlent StePh

new style perm called magic perm & set perm

hi everybody, im a newbie here.

Recently i wanted to change my hair style, planning perm it, so went for few salon ask for it.

Found out tat snips had a new style perm called magic perm, snips said more natural n wont dry.

besides tat at kuchai lama have a new salon called hair resources, they have a perm called set perm, the hairstylist told me after the do the set perm, my hair wil look like set b4.

very confusing dunno choose which one, u guy any suggestion? n wil curly hair look more mature? scared kid called me auntie!

not really sure.. maybe new technologies..or they simply came out with super names to confuse us.hahahha:P

i heard dat magic perm is supposed to be some sort of treatment perm from japan [exclusively by snips i heard], supposed to repair damage done by other chemical process instead of further damaging it.

since it's treatment perm, we r supposed to do it after we did the colouring, bleaching etc.

i permed my hair recently also using a treatment perm technology, but tis is another korean brand. so far ok, hair does look healthier n not so dry. but it does come with a price

SIlent StePh: which snips you went for? I did my perming at snips, leisure mall cheras. :thumbup1: the senior stylist name Alice. she is very friendly and pro. yah, the permed wont dry up my hair..and all my friends said my hair look natural and suit me. Not everyone will look mature after perming their hair. some might be stylist and feminine.

I used to go there to do my hair..and very satisfied with their service.

not really sure.. maybe new technologies..or they simply came out with super names to confuse us.hahahha:P

oh yes, they do tat. they can even call it didiperm if they want to. confusing only lah

maybe u can jz go for those with big curls at the end of ur hair only.. wont turn u into an auntie i think...

i ask b4. stylist say bcos the perm is big, it's gonna lost its curliness very fast. i think the prettiest perm is the type that is created using hot curler. if wat u mean as set look is like that, i think it's super.

thanks for u guys command. i went to snips(oug branch) ask for it. fanally, i think i wil go to snips(leisure mall) tat SWEETIE recommanded, do the magic perm. btw,

PREPPYROSE- where u done ur perm? n how much?

CHICA- ya, i agree wat u said, the 1st time i was done the big curls in thomas & guy, just can tahan for 1 week.

i love my hair like karen mok or shu qi, their hair is like alot n black. but alot of hairstylist told me, if is curls n my hair is black colour, then the curls wil looks not nice. but i love black cos wil look more healthy, if my hair is brown colour, after few weeks my hair wil look like very dry n like grass, so i prefer black. Any commands gals? :D

Have u all herd of Korea Cuenie Soft Perm?? Something new from Summer City Hair Studio @ Kuchai Lama. Wanted to go in to ask but the shop not yet open la... i'm looking for saloon to do Iron Perming around Klang Valley. Any recommendation? I stay at Old Klang Road

If im you, i would do set perm, its just unresistable. Definately will be gorgeous. geez...where else got this set perm thingy? when go KL definately im gonna try it

how long does set perm last?my fren is planning 2 perm her hair too...but she definitely dun wanna do digital perm as she has do tht b4...she wanna try sumthing new

SIlent StePh: i personally think permed hair with black color not so nice. If you scare you hair will dry, then should do treatment. you can do treatment yourself at home. Dont choose light color, prefer those darker color like chocolate. i like the color at snips salon, cos the color they recommended is very nice and match with your skin color.

thanks for u guys command. i went to snips(oug branch) ask for it. fanally, i think i wil go to snips(leisure mall) tat SWEETIE recommanded, do the magic perm. btw,

PREPPYROSE- where u done ur perm? n how much?

CHICA- ya, i agree wat u said, the 1st time i was done the big curls in thomas & guy, just can tahan for 1 week.

i love my hair like karen mok or shu qi, their hair is like alot n black. but alot of hairstylist told me, if is curls n my hair is black colour, then the curls wil looks not nice. but i love black cos wil look more healthy, if my hair is brown colour, after few weeks my hair wil look like very dry n like grass, so i prefer black. Any commands gals? :D

hi steph,

i got mine done in oug with suncity hair salon. they hv a branch in kuchai lama [ but i still prefer d one in oug]. u can look for elaine [012-2202353]. she'll be in oug only on wednesdays though.

my perm came up to about 400++ including color n wash. no treatments needed after dat though coz it's treatment perm. i think her price is depending on d length of ur hair.

my fren had done that magic perm in SNIPS...for rm600..and the result is very very nice...looks like a sexy cat.. :wub::wub: she had very long hair..so after perm..the length is perfect..