Sign in to follow this  
michellechen

Your latest "Holy Grail" cosmetics!

Babes, list out your recently discovered all-time favourite, can't-live-without products that you definitely cannot find a replacement for. Not ok, so so products but products that amaze you, that you don't mind paying full price or more for. :P Let's share... ;)

Mine:

Eye Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion

-This eye primer gives me the chance to start using eyeshadows. Now my eye makeup can last for as long as I want it to, even overnight! I'm not kidding. So far, nothing can compare. :thumbup1:

Highlighter: Guerlain Meteorites in Mythic

-I use this as a loose powder and dust it all over my face for a final touch. It gives me a subtle candle-lit glow and not cakey/powdery like usual loose powder on my face. And it can last you forever! :thumbup1:

Liquid Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation #4

-The best liquid foundation I've tried so far, and the shade matches me perfectly. Will continue using this unless I opt to try spray on, airbrush type foundation. :thumbup1:

Blush Brush: MAC #187 Stippling (Skunk) Brush

-Best blush brush that works great for both powder and cream blush. Blend well for even the most pigmented blush. :thumbup1:

Buffer Brush: MAC #182 buffer brush

-Softest brush and does a great job buffing. :thumbup1:

Be sure to update this thread once you discover you new HG cosmetics! :wink3:

Highlighter: Guerlain Meteorites in Mythic

-I use this as a loose powder and dust it all over my face for a final touch. It gives me a subtle candle-lit glow and not cakey/powdery like usual loose powder on my face. And it can last you forever! :thumbup1:

My questions are kinda ot but is the Mythic kinda light in colour? Wondering if I shld go for Mythic or Beige. My Shu loose powder just finished so looking for new loose powder to get rid of shine. Does it work the same way as a normal loose powder? Not looking for coverage so was wondering if the Meteorites would fit the bill.

Edited by imzadi

My questions are kinda ot but is the Mythic kinda light in colour? Wondering if I shld go for Mythic or Beige. My Shu loose powder just finished so looking for new loose powder to get rid of shine. Does it work the same way as a normal loose powder? Not looking for coverage so was wondering if the Meteorites would fit the bill.

It doesn't give much coverage or show much color, just a subtle glow. I'm not sure what is your skincolor, so don't know if Mythic or Beige Chic will suit you better. As for whether it can be used as normal loose powder, it depends on what kinda look you prefer. It doesn't give matte or powdery finishing like most loose powder. I don't like matte coz it looks cakey on my skin so I use this instead as I prefer the subtle glow it gives. Why don't you go try them out at Guerlain counter to decide whether you like it or not? ;)

Eyeliner = Bobbi Brown GEL Liner :) RM65

~ Stays on even on oily lids, easy to draw, smudge free :)

Eyeliner Brush = MAC #209 RM72

~ Good in drawing fine lines around the eye area

:thumbup1:

Yup, will go try it one day when at the shops. It sounds good and I've always thought they look really pretty too :P

Thanks Michelle!

Yea, it looks so cute! :P And it can really last you forever! I've been using mine quite frequently for more than half a year and it still has loads left!

My holy grail cosmetics..

Base: MAC prep+prime

Foundation: Guerlain No.6

Blusher: Clinique in Rhubarb

Mascara: Estee Lauder Magnascopic

Lips: My own DIY lipgloss ...hahahah Love them :wub:

cynnz

i also wanna buy a MAC blusher :)

what colour r u using?

i like the pink one that sweechen uses..the FOTD she posted tat day..haha but dunno what colour..

btw ..my HG cosmetic -> Benetint~ now i use this almost everyday...but stains my fingers :lol:

BB foundation ~ very natural~

I have many MAC blushes, and though I won't really consider them my HG, but they are ok, plus great color selection and quite a huge pot! :nod:

i also have one but bought wrongly..haha the colour too light..i think more suitable as a highlighter..

yup yup the big pot attracted me hahaha..so so big!

i'm thinking of buying this shiseido accentuating blusher stick..anyone used this b4?

cynnz

:lol::lol: icic..

i also have one but bought wrongly..haha the colour too light..i think more suitable as a highlighter..

yup yup the big pot attracted me hahaha..so so big!

What color is that? I think you are quite fair, should be able to use light blushes. Perhaps you can try applying more?

i'm thinking of buying this shiseido accentuating blusher stick..anyone used this b4?

Nope. Never used much Shiseido stuffs. Speaking of Shiseido, I just thought of another of my HG cosmetics:

Shiseido Makeup Mascara Base

-Best mascara base I've tried so far, though I won't stop looking for better one, :P but it's surely better than Lancome Cils Booster and Loreal Double extension base. :thumbup1:

i wan MAC MSF blusher~~~~

Oh, I've been wanting those too! Are they still available? But really, I have too many blushes I just can't justify buying more! :X^_^

Edited by michellechen

cynnz

i also wanna buy a MAC blusher :)

what colour r u using?

i like the pink one that sweechen uses..the FOTD she posted tat day..haha but dunno what colour..

btw ..my HG cosmetic -> Benetint~ now i use this almost everyday...but stains my fingers :lol:

BB foundation ~ very natural~

i would go back to buy it soon~ ask the same SA, hope shewould remmeber me...

wait for me :P