Sign in to follow this  
ladylana

i wanna be a model!

it's always my dream to get myself into the tv cuz i think i look good enough, so if there's any offer for modelling jobs or watever, please do contact me! and i dare to do basically anything, u name it and i'll do it!

Edited by ladylana

Really anything? Okay ... try posting up 3 pics of yourself here : A full body shot, a 3/4 body shot and a portrait shot. All dressed of course.

Let me see how 'basically daring' you are.

Edited by digicrox

Hmm.. why didnt go for real audition? alot le.. should start frm beauty pagents.. then only u'll get more source. M i right??? :P

yes u're right but it's not as easy as it may seem to be, by the way, i wish i could do freelance modelling and not permanent. Beauty pageant actually do no good, it only gets you fighting over something that's almost impossible to get. Im talking about luck here and as far as i know, i'm never lucky.

If you're really (serious and) interested in being a model, you'd submit your profile to a modelling agency. I guess before that, you'd need to get some really good studio shots of yourself instead of those crappy cam whoring shots from handphones.

FYI, posing nude doesn't get you a job as a model here in Malaysia... (sleeping around with bosses might), unlike in US. I had a friend whose a model that posed nude once. Not sure what happened to her now... think her mom found out about her nude poses. :lol:

Why not read up on how Amber Chia made it? Surely, it would inspire and motivate you to do something about it. Also, let us know your physical stats... like height, weight, etc. If you're too short... well...

seems like a happy cow this morning...

yes u're right but it's not as easy as it may seem to be, by the way, i wish i could do freelance modelling and not permanent. Beauty pageant actually do no good, it only gets you fighting over something that's almost impossible to get. Im talking about luck here and as far as i know, i'm never lucky.

You will need plenty of luck in modelling as well. The competition to get even freelance jobs are equally as tough, if not tougher than winning a pagent. In a pagent, you have maybe 24 girls battling it out for 3 main titles and half a dozen subtitles but in actually GETTING a job for maybe ONE print ad, you can have dozens of girls joining a casting or an interview, both experienced as well as newcomers.

You will need plenty of luck in modelling as well. The competition to get even freelance jobs are equally as tough, if not tougher than winning a pagent. In a pagent, you have maybe 24 girls battling it out for 3 main titles and half a dozen subtitles but in actually GETTING a job for maybe ONE print ad, you can have dozens of girls joining a casting or an interview, both experienced as well as newcomers.

Well, that makes sense, thanx for the thoughts

If you're really (serious and) interested in being a model, you'd submit your profile to a modelling agency. I guess before that, you'd need to get some really good studio shots of yourself instead of those crappy cam whoring shots from handphones.

Cam whoring shots CAN get you jobs as well ... job as ainternet whore :lol:

FYI, posing nude doesn't get you a job as a model here in Malaysia... (sleeping around with bosses might), unlike in US. I had a friend whose a model that posed nude once. Not sure what happened to her now... think her mom found out about her nude poses. :lol:

Have to correct you there ... sleeping around with bosses, again, will get you a decent job. You get paid JUST by sleeping around :shakehead::P

Why not read up on how Amber Chia made it? Surely, it would inspire and motivate you to do something about it. Also, let us know your physical stats... like height, weight, etc. If you're too short... well...

Amber made it by pure hardwork and with a dash of good luck. Since she already mentioned that she's not the lucky kind, so I guess she has to work hard then :wink3:

now i can see amber on wah lai toi also...

Well, that makes sense, thanx for the thoughts

You're most welcome. Sorry for the harsh intro ... but if you need guidance, let me know, I will point you to the right direction. Dun go into modelling with a bang, it doesn't work, coz it'll only leave you all battered and bleeding in the end. Take your first step with the right foot :wink3:

u mah, me who?

Basket you somemore got time for Astro ... when I come home after work, I only got time for mandi, makan and tidur! <_<

Amber is really one lucky girl, in fact there are a lot of prettier and equally talented models as her but just not lucky enough to make it to the limelight.

u think i really watch astro meh. i just wan to send sms to 'trio a' or 'trio b' only.

Amber is really one lucky girl, in fact there are a lot of prettier and equally talented models as her but just not lucky enough to make it to the limelight.

Lana ... dun lust for limelight, but simply work towards a successful career. That is why they say that you should 'try' your luck. Never try never know :wink3:

Edited by digicrox

never try never know,

once u try can buy bungalow.

wahh.. this is very interesting.. :lol::clap:

ladylana.. i think u shld listen to digicrox and find out more about modelling stuff.. i believe he'll guide you good and this is malaysia.. so work smart.. if you dun listen to good advices and follows them, your name can be tarnish at anytime by any producers or managers in modelling or acting industry.. malaysia is small and so does the industry itself.. so, be careful in everything you do kay.. >.<