Sign in to follow this  
shadowprincess

All About Concealers

ve u gal try out the make up store? i think they ve a good concealer...its a orangy concealer which to even up our dark circle color to our skin tone color.

ve u gal try out the make up store? i think they ve a good concealer...its a orangy concealer which to even up our dark circle color to our skin tone color.

is it liquid type?

I'm using MUFE's lift concealer and i find the tone a bit too brownish, i think i need yellowish concealer to hide my dark circles..

Erm,just want to share my knowledge on dark circles concealors and intro that Missha perfect concealer (the round cream type)..was in orangey color too..personally I have super extremely serious dark circles which was contrast with my pale very fair skincolor(--')..but a friend of mine recommended the Missha perfect concealor..it was more than great :clapclap:

I've used Maybelline,Benefit's boing,Mac cover-up,...this is the best concealer I've ever used for now..plus it was in very reasonable price..only RM16 form the korean girls club in the lowyat forum..and RM21.90 from the Missha stores..which was cheaper than the makeupstore...too exp for me for now.. :P

oh ya.p/s for the girls who have the extreme panda eyes like me..paired this missha concealer with Bobbi Brown corrector*thumbs up*(RM80)..and you will be amazed with the beautiful results..with these combos...I live on them.=)

Bobbi Brown corrector was famous for its effects on extreme dark circles^^

Err... Sorry if I'm out of topic. My skin doesn't have any pimples or dark eye circles... So, do I need 2 use concealer? I had never use concealer before. Can concealer be applied to cover pores? Any recommendations? Thanks ya!

eveeve90, concealers are normally used for pimples & dark circles only. U should not use it to cover ur pores as it is much thicker than foundation and have a higher tendancy to clog pores. Use liquid foundation for large pores problem.

Hi, i'm currently using Maybelline's Coverstick in Medium and its going to be discontinued soon..

Any suggestions for replacements?? I've used Averine's stick concealer before oso but its a tad too expensive any cheaper alternatives available?

I use it to conceal my acne marks..

Some babes suggested Benefit and Bobbi Brown, in terms of convenience and ability to conceal, which is better??

Thanks Shenay! :) Means I dun hav 2 use concealer! Good... Can waste money on other products! Oh ya. Can concealer used to apply on our body? I've sum pimples on my chest. :( Very ugly!

Hi, i'm currently using Maybelline's Coverstick in Medium and its going to be discontinued soon..

Any suggestions for replacements?? I've used Averine's stick concealer before oso but its a tad too expensive any cheaper alternatives available?

I use it to conceal my acne marks..

Some babes suggested Benefit and Bobbi Brown, in terms of convenience and ability to conceal, which is better??

maybelline cover stick is gonna be discountinued?

aiyo. just as i wanted to try it. =(

btw i read from a make up book.

it says that

liquid concealer are better for eyebags.

stick concealer are better for pimples and blemishes and spots.

the best for pimples blemishes and spots however or pencil concealer.

is it true?

Eveeve90, yes you can. I used to have pimples on my chest too. But i always believe in curing it instead of applying make up on it because it might make things worst! But you can always try to get a cream or stick concealer for that =)

jc_lynn, yes it is. liquid concealer are of a lighter consistency so it wont make your under eye area caked up. Whereas stick/pencil/cream concealers are thicker so it conceals pimples/blemish/spots better =)

hope this helps.

Concealer... I used to be BB's fanatic. However i realized BB's concealer slightly dry to me to apply eye area and i switched to Shu Uemura. gosh... the ever best eye concealer is here... you must try this and forget the rest. Make Up 4eva concealer is another great bomb too. But the texture is slightly dry then Shu. In term of converage and you may go for MU4eva...

:wub:

Concealer... I used to be BB's fanatic. However i realized BB's concealer slightly dry to me to apply eye area and i switched to Shu Uemura. gosh... the ever best eye concealer is here... you must try this and forget the rest. Make Up 4eva concealer is another great bomb too. But the texture is slightly dry then Shu. In term of converage and you may go for MU4eva...

:wub:

wow. what is the name of the shu uemura concealer?

I have the YSL Touche Eclat and always use it to apply on the bridge of my nose and my cheekbones to make it look higher. Then the other day I was buying it again and the SA told me it's concealer for dark circles on eyes. Girls who use this what do u use it for?

Hey girls!! I need help too!! I have super-duper dark eye circle problems...PLUS!! Sometimes-obvious fine lines around my eyes...PLUS!! I have this super-duper dry skin. Which concealer you girls would recommend me to use?

Trying to find one that can cover my dark eye circle yet not too heavy, would not cake, provide hydration purpose and would not make the fine lines visible...

I've heard you girls talking about DIOR SKINFLASH Backstage Makeup Radiance Booster Pen, Chanel BLANC ESSENTIEL LIGHT REFLECTING WHITENING CONCEALER STICK SPF 25 / PA +++ , Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch), and the makeup forever lift concealer...may I know which one would you girls suggest me to use?

Using Shiseido The Makeup Concealer now. It's not bad in coverage but tend to be a bit cakey...and somehow it made my fine line visible as well...

Tried Givenchy Perfect Again Concealer, it's good for normal skin problem (blemish, red spot) but yet a bad idea for covering the eye...too dry...

Anyone tried Benefit's Erase Paste? Any remarks on it? What about Dior Beauty Diorsnow Pure Ultra-Whitening Spot Corrector? Heard that it can lighten up the dark circles, for it contains whitening purposes...

And...Guerlain Darkspot Corrector - Intense Brightening - SPF45-PA+++?? Anyone tried that?

Edited by EspritGirl

EspritGirl, Im experiencing the same thing as you. Since your eye area is quite dry, I recommend applying any gel eye cream before applying your concealers. Mostly liquid concealers are used for eye area since it wont make the area look so dry & also it doesnt really cake up.

And about which one is better, different concealers reacts differently with different people, so its better to go to the counter & ask the makeup assistant to help you choose your shade. This way you will know which product suits you better. I have tried the Make Up Forever one at the counter, its not bad I must say but still I can see my dark circles.

Im currently using ZA liquid concealer in #2, but if used alone, it makes my dark circles even more obvious maybe cause the shade is more yellowish. What I do is that I add some peach powder concealer from Everyday Minerals to my ZA concealer and dab in on my under eye. It totally conceals my under eye area as a peach/salmon colour concealer helps to neautralize the brownish coloured dark circles better than yellow correctors.

wow...that sounds complicated...but thanks for the tip, Shenay!! :balloon: Btw, where can get the Everyday Mineral powder concealer? Want to try and see...hehee...but does anyone else know 1 step solution for this?

And erm...I did tried eye gel before concealer (cream and powder...especially)...but it only make pores and lines more visible as the cake up there...does anyone else have that experience or is it that I just don't know how to do it? Any tips?

I always wanted to go to the counters and try out some new stuff, but most of the times the SA there (especially those counters that are not that expensive yet still branded ones, eg. Kose, Anna Sui, but not all lah...) will give some weird and suspicious look...they really make me feel like I'm a weirdo...how to actually deal with it and just go for the sake?

Edited by EspritGirl

Hmm i bought it from Everydays Mineral. If you want a one step thing, you can always try a salmon coloured concealer, it works better =) Cream & powder will make your fine lines look more obvious & cakey, so always go for liquid concealer for your undereye.

Hmm they will give the funny look, but for my own sake I just dont care because Im not gonna see them again so there's nothing to be shy about. If you insist on trying, they wont say anything like you cant try, so just think for your own sake & go to the counters and try. Dont care bout the SA's =)

Hhaaha...ok...got that. Have to be thick-skinned a bit. Thanks for the advice. But where can i find salmon coloured concealer? nowadays all skin tone coloured only...went to try some concealers today, they normally only have 3-5 different skin tone, and none of them look salmon coloured...

And the weird thing is, when i go to Dior counter and ask for DIOR SKINFLASH Backstage Makeup Radiance Booster Pen, they say dun have... :blowup:

I've tried Lancome and CD's concealer today, but still think that my Shiseido concealer is better than theirs lor...although it have problems i mentioned above...

Edited by EspritGirl

haha yeps! thats what im trying to say, be a lil bit more thick skinned! try make up forever's concealers, they have it in a lil salmon-looking colour =) & it does help to conceal, only it was a lil too ex for me at that time!

Shenay!! Thanks for all the info given...after such a long time, I finally got my concealer...but it's not from Make Up For Ever...although I wanted to try it so much. Been searching high and low for it, but too bad...guess I'm just in the bad timing. Every time I get to the counter, there's no SA there to help out (either out to lunch, not there, or went for some function/promotion). And yesterday, when I finally got the SA at the counter, the SA said that the colour that suits me is out of stock, and same goes to the other counters... :/

Since I really finished my concealer, I, in urgent need to get one, and I've finally bought la prairie's Light Fantastic Cellular Concealing Brightening Eye Treatment. It's an eye treatment in a concealer form, containing vitamin K. It's really easy to use, have good coverage, and it has eye care elements which provides hydration, lightening dark circles, and minimizing wrinkles. :thumbsup: Love it so much!!! It's not bad a recommendation to all that wants a new eye concealer... :wub: