Sign in to follow this  
Cherz

Concealer

I always have a problem finding a good foundation.they're either too thick and unnatural feeling or melts off like water.can anyone recommend a good liquid foundation as well as a concealer that's not too pricey.what about loose or translucent powder???a must or can-skip item??

I was told tht the right sequence goes like this: sunblock, liquid foundation, loose powder

For a simpler step opt for a liquid foundation tht has SPF effect. Loose powder adds radiance to your face and make it looked not too oily after long hours exposure.

Cherz, the translucent powder is used over foundation to "set" makeup, not to cover or add color. apply them with large brush so that it'll be spread nicely on the face and dust lightly gives you a smooth, polished finish.

with that to say, i personally don't think that it is a must

Hmmm... liquid stuffs are bit too messy for a novice. If u dont mind u can try gel base or 2 way cake, its easier to apply than liquid ones. Stilla's powder are always my cup of tea, no super coverage but light and natural.

I'm actually living overseas right now where it can be a bit drying to the face.that's why I'm looking for a good liquid foundation.any brand suggestion??or actually,can some1 recommend a good foundation,any sort??preferably for someone with combination skin.what bout concealer??any fav's among u guys??

i don really use foundations, concealers, and all often...

therefore, would love to know their usage tooo... coz i don even know hwo to apply them on... i tried it once.. and after a foundation it kinda creates flakes on my skin... then kinda get frustrated.... mad.gif ...

so i stop using.... any advice on making a flawless fake make up. da proceesss, the power, da foundationm da concealer... phewww.w... lots...... blink.gif

Normally most gals complain bout unsighlt acnes scar or under eye circle so going without concealer is kinda cruel for creating a nice look. Pick the right concealer (im still finding a oerfect one), cuz some will be kinda cakey and it might seem so obvious on ur face therefore u have to use foundation or powder to even it out.

In a nut shell, we still need to use everything!!!

Sometimes i wonder if they purposely to not make the cosmetics perfect so that u will keep looking and looking and looking hoping to find ur "foundation-charming" or whatever.

Gals are (okay maybe just me) great suckers at ads!!!

I just keep thinking the next one will be better.

Duuuhhhh!!! blink.gif

Yeah agree with cheese. wink.gif

Adverts really play a big part when it comes to influencing our decision as to which to choose for cosmetics or even food, fashion etc!

i KNOW!!!!

i have no idea how to use da concealer.. coz they seemed too obvious to be cover by light foundation.

Whatmore heavy foundation will then b too harsh on my skin.... then da powder, which brand to choose from?!

i don trust those heavy advertised, highly commercialized brands anymore, they use tricks on consumers, by hiring wellknown stars, artist, to advertise for them so that they could attract more young consumers. their promises aren't fullfilling at all...

still prefer traditional style if possible.. heehe...

im usinf make up forever cosmetic. u can go try it 'face and body' its a very light liquid foundation...try 'met velvet' if u go on stage or shoot. TIPS!!!! girls out there tat ll always buy wrong foundation becuz its pinkish...our asian skin need foundation with yellow color...if u appy pink foundation later ur face ll turn into grey!

its a muz to put on loose powder after foundation...hardly to describe to u gals here...

ermm...concealer is my fav....cuz i ve pair of big darkcircle!!! i ve been using bobbi brown and mac..but now i luv make up forever concealer....it ve eye gel inside and ll not make ur eyes too think and tired and dry. if u need to cover pimple on ur face..u need a green concealer.....then put on again ur face color concealer......undersatdn wat im saying ah?

oh yeah...remind u girls....there is only professional make up artist only use brush to apply foundation...i juz learn ony...and its very hard to control! i suggest u girls can try using finger....easy....

tongue.gif

well, try this for those who find your foundation on your face doesn't look good or fake......apply moisturiser half an hour before foundation.....i always opt for liquid, looks better and natural.....i personally feel that loose powder is important to finish the coverage though i dun use it, hehe.... biggrin.gif

I use MAC hydrating liquid foundation(RM95), and I think its really good cos it lasts throughout the day. Bobbi brown liquid foundation is not bad as well. If you have dry skin it's best to go for liquid foundation, cos powder foundation will only dry out your skin even more. For a natural look I just use foundation and skip the powder, especially if I know I'm not gonna be out for long. Otherwise than I guess powder is a must otherwise the foundation will "melt" off....For sensitive skine try averine liquid foundation...it's really good and looks natural. The most important thing is to find one that suits your skin tone.

kassie --> the green stuff is actually a colour base. Green neutralizes redness (for pimples). Orange neutralizes blue (dark eye circles) and yellow for a radiant glow. But yup, I absolutely agree that we asians shud stick to yellow based foundations.

yap...i totally agree of wat u say...seems like u know lots of cosmetic too.... i know theres a green base to avoid redness, i try b4 and it really helps....but there is another comouflage...got diff tones..im not sure with de product outside but i m using makeupforever product....it help me to cover pimples if foundation cant cover it. juz dap on it to put another layer of F....but tis only for those who ve serious pimple on face...

Sometimes i wonder if they purposely to not make the cosmetics perfect so that u will keep looking and looking and looking hoping to find ur "foundation-charming" or whatever.

Hehe..,yea, I wonder tht 2... They dun 1 2 make it perfect so tht v hav 2 use so many dif stuf on our face 2 target dif area n dif prob...

For instance, I hav 2 use 2 dif concealer, 1 for my eye area, which is very dry, n another 4 my face area.

I can't seem to find da correct concealer for myself.... Boo hoo... So far I've bought tons of it...but it always comes out wrong...

Help!!! Any tips on finding the right colour or a good brand?

Thanks and Muacks. smile.gif

wats ur problem anyway? interms of color or texture?

Both.... colour and material....

Cant find da rite shade....my skin has yellow undertones... wat good brands for concealer are out there?

And yknow, msia weather make the concealer....like...smear....

u use it to cover dots or dark circle?

ok..u try to search for color darker abit..abit only..dun too dark...then choose cream type. or stick type one...

wat concealer ur using now?

im using tis...

user posted image

yes...at least one tone darker than ur skin...

emm...try make up forever one lor...i got no other brand at de moment...wait me think think ah..

but actualy not really good to put so much concealer on ur skin..unless u need to remove make up deeply everytime lor..

thanks so far, really appreciate it.... hmm... me noe its not good...lolz... but my spots are quite obvious, real annoyin...

hmm... then anything that can help to lessen the darkness of the spot?