Sign in to follow this  
LullaBelle

From Facebook to the real world?

Hey...

I have been chatting to this guy who happens to be my guy friend's (although we aren't close) older brother. The first time we chatted, it was through accidental means (I thought I was chatting to my friend, but it turned out his brother was using his account instead) and we immediately hit it off. We converse with ease and we tease and play around and talk about pretty serious stuff with ease too. Over the past week, our teasing has gone up a level, subtly, though. I had a bad day a few days ago and he actually recommended me a song (Bruno Mars-Just The Way You Are)...and I have been wondering if he's trying to give me hints...there are also little sweet things he does like giving me a message through FB that says to cheer up and have a pleasant day etc etc...
Both of us are not sms-junkies...we don't SMS people for casual reasons...so, I am wondering, if it is what I think it is, how should our FB relationship move from the chat room and on to a closer more personal level?
PS: I'm studying in another state and he works at my home state...so an immediate 'date' isn't possible...

Thank you!
PS: I have never met him in person before...

[quote name='LullaBelle' date='19 August 2010 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1282189012' post='587913']
Hey...

I have been chatting to this guy who happens to be my guy friend's (although we aren't close) older brother. The first time we chatted, it was through accidental means (I thought I was chatting to my friend, but it turned out his brother was using his account instead) and we immediately hit it off. We converse with ease and we tease and play around and talk about pretty serious stuff with ease too. Over the past week, our teasing has gone up a level, subtly, though. I had a bad day a few days ago and he actually recommended me a song (Bruno Mars-Just The Way You Are)...and I have been wondering if he's trying to give me hints...there are also little sweet things he does like giving me a message through FB that says to cheer up and have a pleasant day etc etc...
Both of us are not sms-junkies...we don't SMS people for casual reasons...so, I am wondering, if it is what I think it is, how should our FB relationship move from the chat room and on to a closer more personal level?
PS: I'm studying in another state and he works at my home state...so an immediate 'date' isn't possible...

Thank you!
PS: I have never met him in person before...
[/quote]

Its clear that he's interested in you. (I am also a guy) So if you really want him, don't play hard to get or avoid him as he will run off then or leave you alone.

Personal level, well, continue to chat with him on FB, and you can also use e-mail, SMS, or even better, phone calls. Apart from that, you could also try the old-fashioned style of posting love letters to him via snail-mail instead. Then, during your holidays you can go back and visit him also.

Hi there,

I'm a guy here. My advice is that you both better meet up as soon as possible.
Rather than missing each other through pictures only.
Get the real feel quick.

Don't waste a possible relationship. :)

Good luck there!