Sign in to follow this  
meglilyc

Capsule or Powder Collagen Better?

Hi, I'm new here. I jst started taking Etsu Collagen (capsule) not too long ago - about 2 months ago. But I was told by a sales girl that capsule collagen is not so effective compare to powder. Is it true? She say the collagen contain in a capsule is so little and you have to take a lot to be effective. Was wondering if she's telling the truth coz she selling powder collagen. Any advise? And the Etsu collagen I bought is so xpensiv. What is the best collagen prdt???

Well, to be honest, any supplement in powder form is definitely better than capsules in terms of its absorption rate. Powdered supplements get absorbed by the body in no more than 15 minutes to half an hour compared to capsules/tablets/pills as the latter takes much longer time to 'melt', break down and be absorbed by the body. So I dont think the salesgirl was merely telling you something to make a quick buck, she actually had a point there wink.gif

QUOTE (Teff @ Sep 27 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, to be honest, any supplement in powder form is definitely better than capsules in terms of its absorption rate. Powdered supplements get absorbed by the body in no more than 15 minutes to half an hour compared to capsules/tablets/pills as the latter takes much longer time to 'melt', break down and be absorbed by the body. So I dont think the salesgirl was merely telling you something to make a quick buck, she actually had a point there wink.gif

Oh, I see. If so, what powder brand do you recommend? I heard people say amino collagen from meiji is good. How long usually can see effect? Coz I've been taking etsu for 2 months now but don't seem like got any effect. My skin still very dry and I hate applying those moisturizer. Makes my skin tingle. I work in air-cond room all day.

QUOTE (meglilyc @ Sep 28 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I see. If so, what powder brand do you recommend? I heard people say amino collagen from meiji is good. How long usually can see effect? Coz I've been taking etsu for 2 months now but don't seem like got any effect. My skin still very dry and I hate applying those moisturizer. Makes my skin tingle. I work in air-cond room all day.

I was on Meiji colagen for some time before i switched to sheep placenta supplements. I saw results from Meiji in 3 weeks. U must also drink a lot of water esp when exposed to air conditioned environment for a long time.

QUOTE (meglilyc @ Sep 28 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I definately recommend Michi Collagen thumbup1.gif . I oso work in air-cond everyday and after some time, skin gets dry, even flaky. But after taking Michi Collagen for about 2-3 weeks, my skin has improved a lot. Now I hardly use moisturizer and yet skin still moist and smooth. I think is because of the hyaluronic acid contained inside. Read somewhere is very good for dry skin. And the taste - awesome! And is in powder form too, so is definately better than other capsule collagen wink3.gif .

QUOTE (sweetie belle @ Oct 4 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im 22, do i still need meiji? but my skin condition totally sucks...

Can you tell us more about your skin condition? How bad can it be at 22?

hey..Many of my customers they tried various types of collagen,they found that ACREOLA COLLAGEN is good,made of skin fish collagen & they also have whitening effects(it contains L-glutathione).Price about $130/15 sachets(can take directly into the mouth without adding water) before sleep. This alvailable in clinics only.dr.alv

QUOTE (orangepie @ Oct 8 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can we actually get this meiji collagen supplements from mall or Watson besides order through online? smile.gif

Heard its available at Isetan but I buy online via www.sasa.com coz cheaper. Edited by tripleL

QUOTE (meglilyc @ Sep 27 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I'm new here. I jst started taking Etsu Collagen (capsule) not too long ago - about 2 months ago. But I was told by a sales girl that capsule collagen is not so effective compare to powder. Is it true? She say the collagen contain in a capsule is so little and you have to take a lot to be effective. Was wondering if she's telling the truth coz she selling powder collagen. Any advise? And the Etsu collagen I bought is so xpensiv. What is the best collagen prdt???

HI..u can try ACEROLA COLLAGEN price abt $130-140 per box,after 2 weeks u see skin glow + whitening.Also it decreases the redness of acne scars if take 2 sachets at nite for 2 weeks.For firming effects,take 2 at nite for 1st month,then every nite 1 sachet.Tis alvailable in clinics only.dr.alv

QUOTE (dr.alv @ Nov 6 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI..u can try ACEROLA COLLAGEN price abt $130-140 per box,after 2 weeks u see skin glow + whitening.Also it decreases the redness of acne scars if take 2 sachets at nite for 2 weeks.For firming effects,take 2 at nite for 1st month,then every nite 1 sachet.Tis alvailable in clinics only.dr.alv

Hi Dr Alv, I'm interested to take this Acerola Collagen. The price is it in Malaysian Ringgit?
I'm staying at Sunway. Where is the nearest clinics that carry this collagen?

QUOTE (GrAcE99 @ Nov 6 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Dr Alv, I'm interested to take this Acerola Collagen. The price is it in Malaysian Ringgit?
I'm staying at Sunway. Where is the nearest clinics that carry this collagen?

Hi..u can try at dr.Tan's clinic 03-56345624(pls call to see any more stocks),Dr.Tay at setia alam(03-3419894),u can PM me to know where u can get it.cheers.dr.alv

QUOTE (dr.alv @ Nov 7 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi..u can try at dr.Tan's clinic 03-56345624(pls call to see any more stocks),Dr.Tay at setia alam(03-3419894),u can PM me to know where u can get it.cheers.dr.alv

Have called DrTan's clinic to check on TDF product last time but always out of stock..
Does any clinic provide delivery services? Edited by GrAcE99

QUOTE (GrAcE99 @ Nov 7 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have called DrTan's clinic to check on TDF product last time but always out of stock..
Does any clinic provide delivery services?

HI..yes,u can log on to www.medikulit.com.my, i believe the company can arange it. biggrin.gif .payments need to be cleared then they will send to u.

If u r seriously care about your health,
know the truth before u buy,
as i know powder or capsule absorption are only 10%
that is why fruit pureer now are getting hot in the market.
because it absorpt up to 97%
no wastet
log on to this website to find out more
www.andychu.ws Edited by andychu

[quote name='meglilyc' timestamp='1254036789' post='571765']
[/quote]

yup ....she telling the true. as per my knowledge though the internet research, we require of 5,000mg ~ 10,000mg of collagen in a day than only will see the result.
generally, capsule or table collagen only contains of 500mg/capsule which end up we may need 10~ 20 tables a day. As for water base collagen, most collagen contains only 3,000~5,000mg in a bottle of 50ml(50,000mg) - means it's only contain of only 10% collagen, rest were water, fructose, vit c, q 10 or others booster substance.
As for collagen powder, it's pack between 5,000mg ~ 20,000mg (But you need to make sure the total contain of collagen) , Pure collagen powder can be define via a simple test: pull a glass(transparent) of water & fill in with the sachet of collagen, wait for 2~3 minute without any stiring or shaking. It will be 100% disolve & hydroylzed in water.

Hope with this information, it will help to clear your doubts

[quote name='libragirl' timestamp='1269869683' post='580922']
Hi all,

Currently, am taking liquid collagen and it works great for me! Results can be seen within 3-4 weeks time. :)
[/quote]

Hi, maybe u can change it to powder collagen with 100% pure marine collagen from this brand product : www.naturioncollagen.com

It's seem really effective ( I have read through testimony from the webpage ) & it's originally from France.