Sign in to follow this  
WildBerry

Interest or Money

Tell me peeps if you are working now.

Are you working because you are interested in that field or just because you want to earn a living?

Do you find jobs according to what you actually like or you find jobs according to the qualifications that you have?

Thank you.

the job i like doing can't make a decent living and is not so suited for my life wan. so that's why i've been wanting to change jobs.

i find jobs according to my interests.

if i'm not interested, it becomes a drag and i'll want to change job after a while anyways...

i had an offer to supervise a precision manufacturing plant once... but it wasn't my interest - i'd rather makan gaji than ba a boss in a business i have no interest in.

now, i'm happy doing what i'm doing, although my income is uncertain.

If u have a choice, do what u love - it's more rewarding, u won't mind the low pay and long hours so much and u won't find it a drag going to work everyday.

hmmm, depends on your current situation...if you dont need money so much, as in dun mind low pay...go for what you like....

however, getting a job that doesnt go with your interest, it's fine actually...coz you could still discover your job satisfaction....

i dun really go for interest, instead what satisfaction can i gain from it...let's put it this way, if your interest in on music and you have decided to become a song composer or writer...then you would find that job has becoming a burden...and then you wouldnt find it so interesting........my humble opinion........

hmmm, depends on your current situation...if you dont need money so much, as in dun mind low pay...go for what you like....

however, getting a job that doesnt go with your interest, it's fine actually...coz you could still discover your job satisfaction....

i dun really go for interest, instead what satisfaction can i gain from it...let's put it this way, if your interest in on music and you have decided to become a song composer or writer...then you would find that job has becoming a burden...and then you wouldnt find it so interesting........my humble opinion........

sorry bout that...if i had been wrong..

i'm a musician as well.but i dun find that being a soong composer is a "not interesting" thing.....but the more u had passion for music,the more u find it interesting...

for my case,

i still currently looking for permanent job....(such like pr or something else),but meanwhile i still doing my own composing.and never find it as a burden.but b4 that,while i'm still a designer,i still found that somg composer is not a burden at all.

1st : interest

2nd : $$$

3rd : environment/location

the boss today told me 3 reasons to work for him

1. Interest

2. he is the team leader

3. he will lead me up in the company.. unsure.gif

definitely interest. when got interest, u will shine the brightest. money will follow naturally.. but also hav to be smart la, sometime join some lousy company tat pay u peanuts, have to jump ship also.

the boss today told me 3 reasons to work for him

1. Interest

2. he is the team leader

3. he will lead me up in the company.. unsure.gif

wah ur boss very good at brainwashing. but if he bother to say brainwash u means u r of a certain value to the company also la. good luck!

1st : interest

2nd : $$$

3rd : environment/location

and i think happiness also very important lor. some company ah, the colleagues likes to play office politics and gossip a lot one. if not happy ah, i cannot tahan. dunno when tiba-tiba got ppl backstab u. fear.gif

yaya, i think interest is important factor also lor

if no interest, everyday go to work also no mood, come back home also no mood, then next day also no mood.. sad case ler dry.gif

for me interest over-rides all other factors...this is something i'll be spending a huge chunk of my life doing..might as well make it worthwhile and stimulating smile.gif

money. my interest cant make money one... biggrin.gif

Of course it's really ideal, if can do what you are really interested in and make a good living.

I guess most interests are in hobbies and it's more to a cost, than a revenue generator. But, with some creativity and courage, it is possible to make it an income. (whole different topic on entrpreneurship here..)

load balance la, find a comfortable compromise. It's difficult since it's like match making smile.gif)... the job is available because of a company's need and will have specific requirements. And you have to match that with who you are, what you can do.

However, depending on the persons current level of thinking and experience, sometimes can't see the satisfaction of a job before trying it.

There's a 3rd thing besides interest, money which is EXPERIENCE. So maybe that job less pay, but you may learn alot more than a higher paying job.

Trend nowdays is don't stay in a job too long!!.. Not like previous generations where they tend to stay a lifetime with the company. So even if current job is not wat you want, look for another!.

this topic can really lead to a long discussion...but a forum like this can allow it.. smile.gif

Actually there are alot of things, we can't expect everything has to go according to our way

etc.

My interest is to have this kind of shops and so on but it needs alot of investment and perhaps the returns is not big and somemore the kind of business is very risky

perhaps too competitive and so on and u might not be able to earn alot in that business

but that is really ur interest and u really wanna do it.

+

u dun like being an accountant although u r a qualified chartered accountant but u know being an accountant can give you so much money per month ... although u have pressure but because of the money.. u still need to accept it...

if u guys think back, sometimes he just being forced continue being an accountant to take all the pressures but the money he is gonna earn back can use it on doing something he wants to do such as having the "risky business" out there...

so it's not really bad

what to do, sometimes i dun enjoy doing this but i have to because of certain reasons... especially i need the money to support my family and so on

p/s: i guess it's quite confusing at the way i write.. perhaps me too sleepy d.. nvr sleep whole day soemmore can't sleep.. sorry arrrr

i work for money too. my interest needs lotsa money one. so if no money, i can't fulfil my interest.

i work for money too. my interest needs lotsa money one. so if no money, i can't fulfil my interest.

that is so true

juz imagine.. without money.... how can i fulfill my interest???? my interest needs money too....

that is so true

juz imagine.. without money.... how can i fulfill my interest???? my interest needs money too....

^5...david !

i work for the money..

now show me the MONEY...