Sign in to follow this  
fred

MDG 2 Closed Auditions: Part 6 - Final Day

Blogger - DiEsE

Source - Malaysian Dreamgirl Official Blog

Hello MDG fans.

I betcha guys are craving for more insides and sneak peeks on what happened during the Closed Auditions. Hehehehehehe…. Don’t worry, we will feed your hunger for behind the scenes pictures, news, info and even juicy gossips.

After a cold and bumpy bus ride from Penang, I arrived in KL in the wee morning at 4am. With a lack-of-sleep face and dark circles under my eyes, I went to Capxion Media’s office in the afternoon. Google Earth is a blessing! Even without a GPS, me and my driver for the day aka brother managed to find the office without much hassle *cough* unlike someone who had one *cough* and STILL managed to get himself lost *cough*

Ok…. Ok… Back to the topic. Today, I would like to focus on the first batch of contestants that went through the Closed Audition. Thanks to the DSLR I borrowed from my brother (again), you guys can feast your eyes with slightly better pictures from me this time. Let the pictures do the talking now!

closed1.jpg

~more foundation here..*pat* *pat* *pat*~

The moment the ladies arrived at the office, the first thing they did was look for a mirror. There are more than 3 mirrors, conveniently located in various sections of the waiting room. You can hear things like “Is my foundation too much?” or “This lip colour looks nice on you,” and even “@#$!#!! My eyebrows are crooked!!!”

closed2.jpg

~The first contestant to audition, Acha~

When I talked to Acha before her turn, she told me that she was a nervous wreck. Anxiety was written all over her face. The moment she stepped into the audition room, her jitters slowly melted away. Did she make it to the Top 12? You guys have to wait and see..

closed3.jpg

~Aida is wondering whether will she make it to the Top 12~

She came into the room with black top, dark blue jeans and a pair of boots! Yup, you heard it right, a pair of boots in which she impressed Andrew - she had must have taken his advice during the Open Auditions. Even though she scored a brownie point with Andrew, she somewhat sounded a bit lost when the other judges asked her on how she’s going to do a lingerie photoshoot. Perhaps with a bit of homework (and a dose of creativity), she could suggest wearing a Wacoal Lace Ahead or Embrace Lace Camisole paired with Wacoal’s Hi-Waist Biker Short Pants or Try A Little Slenderness Long Leg Shape Brief Shapewear over a full nude bodysuit similar to those ice-skaters wear with their costumes (phew… I never knew lingerie names could be so long).

closed4.jpg

~Farah Aliana belting out another jazzy piece~

The moment she stepped into the room, Elaine asked her to sing. As expected, she rendered a very nice, jazzy version of Can’t Take My Eyes Off You by Frank Valli.

You’re just too good to be true

Can’t take my eyes off you

You’d be like heaven to touch

I wanna hold you so much

At long last love has arrived

And I thank God I’m alive

You’re just too good to be true

Can’t take my eyes off you

closed5.jpg

~Annabelle came all the way from Singapore~

The usual… Nervous, jittery and anxious but bit by bit she slowly exuded her confidence in front of the judges. When they commented on how the green top doesn’t look nice on her (I’m contemplating whether to use the word ‘ugly’ but hey, I don’t want people think I discriminate against colour, since green is my least favourite colour), she quickly quipped that she compensated with a nice, flower hair clip.

closed7.jpg

~Caryn the hot counselor-to-be~

What happens when you put a lawyer and a psychology student in one room?

A Hot Debate! With hand gestures too! (The debating hand gesture kay?)

I thought I would never see another live debate after secondary school. While both Caryn and Elaine were deeply engrossed in their debate, the rest of us were either trying hard to digest the whole debate or were busy taking pictures (that’s me!). I never knew watching and listening to a debate could be so exhausting….

Please pardon me for lack of words after this paragraph due to debate overdose…..

closed6.jpg

~Ayu from Ipoh’s Open Auditions~

Cute as a mouse, somehow I prefer the way she dressed for the Open Auditons compared to the top and jeans she wore for the Closed Auditions. Despite her courage to admit that she is not fluent in English, I didn’t see anything that might impress the judges.

closed8.jpg

~Andrew Tan of AndrewsModels~

OK! Let’s take a break. This is my first time meeting Andrew in person *star-struck*

Next……

closed9.jpg

~Dawn, the morning light that greets us~

When the judges asked her to let down her hair, she was kinda reluctant and mentioned that her hair looks like a lion’s mane (she said that one ahh… not me). Raawwwwrrrrrrr!!

closed10.jpg

~Denezia (OK, I’m running out of ideas for captions)~

She is very young and only recently completed her SPM. Obviously, my aging grey matter doesn’t remember what the judges commented about her.

closed11.jpg

~Farah, another just-completed-her-SPM contestant~

Another very young lass. I think the judges said how they were going to torture her with 10in heels if she was chosen as one of the Top 12 finalist (urrgghhhh…. hating my memory right now).

closed12.jpg

~Joanna with her ever charming smile~

Poor girl attended the auditions with a red eye. Not the infectious kind of red eye, but merely a few ruptured eye capillaries (eerrrrr… that doesn’t sound medically correct..). Still, she flashed her best, charming smile to the judges.

OK, there you go. The first 10 semi-finalists that attended the Closed Auditions. Let’s take a peek into what the ladies did while waiting for their turn to audition. *huge grin*

closed13.jpg

~*gasp* I didn’t know I can use that ~

Caryn is deeply concentrating on ‘How To Win A Debate With A Lawyer’ book (duh, obviously not..)

closed14.jpg

~More reading or napping~

Read or take a nap? Hhhmmmm…. Tough choice..

closed15.jpg

~Sluuuuurrrpppppppp~

Or even share your drinks/snacks with others.

Next on MDG2 behind the scenes:-

How many people had their palm read by Acha?

Which MDG1 Top 12 Finalist dropped by the Closed Auditions?

How the judges announced the Top 12 Finalist results?

And…..

An exclusive group photoshoot!