Sign in to follow this  
northasian

All About Hong Kong

Hi babes,

Happy New Year 2009!

For Malaysian babes who would like to explore more about Hong Kong or share past traveling experience in Hong Kong, you're most welcomed!

For general information or HK trip planning, please refer to my facebook page "All About Hong Kong" where you'll find all the necessary information with posted photos.

Regards,

northasian

I only went to HK a few months ago. I wrote a brief post about my experience in this thread:

http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/Hong-Kong-t23059.html

:)

There's another more involving thread about HK here: http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/index....showtopic=18665

^_^

Hi Neo,

How are you? I'm pretty new in Malaysianbabes.

"All About Hong Kong" is not really a sharing/discussion thread about self traveling experience in HK, it could or could not be, which really depends on how readers/fans want it to be in Malaysianbabes. It is definitely a platform for Malaysians to ask question about anything for their trip planning, I'll try my very best to provide requested information and also provide comment and suggestion on posted planned itinery.

One of its missions is to ease everyone's worries in planning a wonderful, efficient & economy HK trip!

Thanks ~! :)

hi all ! I will be travelling to HK in mid May for the first time with another friend.

Totally clueless bout where to stay (which area) and how to get around places.

Any suggestion or recommendation ? Food to try .. which hotel to stay ..... places to go... shopping places...etc...etc..

hi all ! I will be travelling to HK in mid May for the first time with another friend.

Totally clueless bout where to stay (which area) and how to get around places.

Any suggestion or recommendation ? Food to try .. which hotel to stay ..... places to go... shopping places...etc...etc..

Hi Shiro,

I have listed some brief information below for your rough idea, hope it helps! And for detail information, please refer to my facebook page for your itinerary construction.

HK's popular tourist spots :

1. The Peak (Sky Terrace, Madam Tussard's Wax Museum, Hong Kong's night view)

2. Avenue of Stars (harbourfront of Tsim Sha Tsui, famous night view of Victoria Harbour, Symthony of Lights show)

3. Disneyland Hong Kong (The smallest amongst all their park in the world, anyway worth to pay a visit if you haven't been to any one of them)

4. Ocean Park (Hong Kong brand's theme park, a lot bigger than Disneyland with more thrill rides)

5. Street markets (e.g. Ladies Street, Bird Street & Fa Yuen Street in Mong Kok, Temple Street in Yau Ma Tei)

6. Ngong Ping 360 (Giant Buddha, Po Lin Monastery, Ngong Ping Village, the Ngong Ping cable car)

7. Stanley (flea market, Murray House)

8. Repulse Bay (beach, temple & beautiful property)

9. Central (Hong Kong landmark buildings e.g. HSBC building, Bank of China building, Lippo Centre, HK Legislative Council, Statue Square)

HK's popular shopping places :

1. Harbour City & Ocean Terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui (international branded shops)

2. Sai Yeung Choi Street in Mong Kok (electronic gadgets, digital camera, local branded fashion)

3. Fa Yuen Street (South Bound) in Mong Kok (known as Sport Shoes Street)

4. Central (e.g. Prince Building, Landmark Square for international branded shops)

5. Causeway Bay (both mid-range and street fashion shopping)

HK's famous food :

1. Dim Sum (Lin Heung Lau, Tao Heung Chinese Restaurants, Maxim's Chinese Restaurants)

2. HK Dessert (Hui Lau Shan, Honeymoon Dessert, Lucky Dessert)

3. Street snacks (e.g. Smelly tofu, curry fishballs, beef brisket...etc. can be found along Sai Yeung Choi Street in Mong Kok)

4. HK Bakery (Wife cake, egg tart, polo bun)

5. Roasted meat (e.g. roasted pork - cha siu, siu yuk, baby big ; roasted goose and duck)

6. Congee (Ocean Empire restaurants, Sang Kee Congee)

HK's public transportation :

1. MTR (the most convenient mean of moving around in the city)

2. Bus (Not so convenient for tourists, but a good options for Airport <-> Hotel 'coz cheaper fare)

3. Must get an Octopus Card which is like a pre-paid value card for all means of public transportation except taxi, and can use for payment in most shops like convenience stores, fast food chain & supermarkets)

For accomodation, may I know roughly how much is your budget? If you don't mind to stay in hostel, the rate is about HKD250-300 per room. If you prefer a hotel, the rate is roughly from HKD600.

Edited by northasian