Sign in to follow this  
giddy_schoolgirl

Veet's Ready-To-Use Wax Strips?

I bought it yesterday to wax my untouched legs from Guardian. I think it was 22 bucks or somethin. I bought the one in the pink box. Has anyone tried it on their legs? Are they any good? Of course going to the salon is much better but I have a low budget. Can't afford going to the salon since I'm still studying and i don't think my parents will allow me to go waxing at some salons lol. I've heard that veet isn't that good. Some people said it worked for them WONDERFULLY and some don't work AT ALL. I just wanna hear from you guys.

I use it monthly... works well for me on my legs but removing armpit hair is more hassling. Make sure you read up before you attempt to use it, if not you will hate it. Put little talcum powder on your skin so that waxing will be easier and less trauma to your skin.

hi dear, i tried it before but i don't really like it - or maybe i don't really know how to use :wink3: it. plus my hair will grow thicker. i suggest u to go to a salon, it's not that expensive, for half leg, only rm28. i used to go to a salon at bangsar. i did my wax on armpit n half leg n also threading. i really like it :clapclap:

I did self waxing too, but not using veet, but bought a can of hard wax and use a steamer to heat up to melt them. Hard wax is easy, no need to use paper strips and suits sensitive skin, jst tear them only. Not painful on skin.

Edited by dorlisa

but i did realise that for most of these DIY ready-to-use waxing strips, they did say that its not suitable for sensitive skins and sensitive parts of the body rite? I have a phobia that i might be pulling out some of my skin when i sue these strips :P silly me :P

I have never used any DIY waxing strips before, i do all my waxing at professional saloonss

It doesn't work on my armpit area at all though I have read the instructions carefully. I ended up throwing the whole box away.

I use it occasionally on my legs but that's about it.

It isn't very effective anywhere else as using it on my underarms hurts like hell and obviously imposible on my arm.

My advice? Just pull out some cash and get it done professionally. Easier, faster and less painful.

I want to get my armpits professionally waxed but hehe I have this funny thing that anything that touches my armpits would tickle me except myself touching me. So the only person who can wax my armpits is me. cuz my armpits are the most ticklish area haha.ok that's just weird..

anyways, I forgot to tell you guys how it went. omg I loved it. I tried it on my legs first and the pain was bearable. No, in fact I think it didn't hurt at all and I don't think I have a high pain threshold either. So right then I tried some of the leftovers on my armpits thinking it would hurt like nothing would cuz its a sensitive area and plus, a lot of people said it hurts like hell. Turned out it didn't hurt that much. And again, the pain was bearable. The result was clean silky smooth skin. Definitely would repurchase it!

I don't know why some people said it doesn't work AT ALL becuase it worked like a charm on me. Maybe you guys didn't do it right?

The old Veet was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better!!! The new one, the one in the pink box, raspberry or something like that doesn't work at all!! Too creamy? Too liquidy? And they stopped producing the old one..sigh...wish they would bring it back....probably try the new brand, Body Natur