1. 1. Which of these fishes that you liked the most or already have as pet

• Arowana fish
    • Gold fish
    • Siamese fighting fish
    • Giant Gouramy
    • Koi
    • Others (please name it)

Hi everyone.

I have seen a lot of topic regarding dogs, rabbits and cats here but I haven't seen a topic for fishes. So anyone out there that's into fishes as pet? Share with the rest of us the type of fish that you have.

Edited by murdoc82

I would like to keep an Arowana.

For the chinese beliefs, this kinda fish bring lucks and prosper.

Arowana is exotic whereby their scale are acted like refractor plates when emitted throught the luminous lights, making it look like legendary dragon. Which is why in chinese they called it 金龙鱼.

sorry..off topic

hav anyone been to gaint near shah alam stadium..there is one big aquarium there holding 2 big fishes..is that arowana?..

i used to hav flowerhorn before...but because of works (lazy)..i just give up and gave away the fish

I would like to keep an Arowana.

For the chinese beliefs, this kinda fish bring lucks and prosper.

Arowana is exotic whereby their scale are acted like refractor plates when emitted throught the luminous lights, making it look like legendary dragon. Which is why in chinese they called it 金龙鱼.

same here...i wud very much luv to have an arowana in my aquarium one day :D . but not for the 'lucks and prosper' that the fish bring...sorry but i don't believe that kind of stuff. it wud be purely due to the beauty and elegance of the arowana.

Arowana-027.jpg

hey hey.... we kinda love fish...have 5 arawana's and i think they are kinda big.... 4 red ones and a silver one.

The red ones are about eh...if I measure them up against shoes they are size 6-7, the silver one size 5-6.

We have a 8 feet tank to accomodate some and a few other 4 ft tanks as well. Use to keep carps but we didn't have much luck with those. Couldn't seem to get it right and they died one after another. It felt like a crime getting new ones so we switched to arwana's.

I keep carps,goldfish and fighting fish @ home. The carps are my dads.But some of them died when the power got cut off which is really sad. a friend told me that carps cannot live in oxygen deficient water so Im guessing thats why they died.My dad actually got a backup generator for the carps which cost around RM200+. Goldfish are mine! its quite easy to keep but it needs alot of oxygen but its easier to keep anyway. But when theres a power shortage i just blow oxyen into the tank every few mins but very tiring though. and the fighting fish? super easy to take care! all you need is just a small tank and feed them every few days. I feed my carps and glodfish fish food but as for the frighting fish i just give him a small piece of chicken every few days.

haha....I used to have fighting fishes when I was younger,

they always ended up dying <_< (mind you, they cant live longer than a month!!)

used to get so sad when they die...neva have any fishes anymore... :rolleyes: