Sign in to follow this  
k3n

Sky Captain and the world of Tomorrow

At first though, i thought i bought a "pirated" pirated DVD, watching the movie without reading movie review first is a bad move. after a while, i realize it's actually that retro in this retro sci-fi film.

first of all, there's no twist in the film, there's no super cool visual effects, and there's no super duper cool babes, unless you think Geyneth Paltrow the figureless babe and Angelina Jolie the fat lips otherwise. i really see no reason to watch that film, unless you're in one of those retro group. seriously i almost fall asleep watching the show.

anyway, the credible part is that, there are still some cool things la.. like the cute, fat and very first generation like robot, the wings-can-flap unmanned assault machine, robots with octopus hands, can-fly-and-also-can-swim-1930s-fighter-plane, can-fly aircraft carrier. ermm, for a show which try to imitate 1930s retro, i think they successfully did it. the best part is the screenplay has a layer of sepia on it, hmm... i thought my TV need to be fixed at first.

well, i'm not going to tell you the storyline at all, but there's a small small little twist in the end.. let you find out yourself, though it's not that exciting anyway.. rating.. can watch, but please make sure you have enough sleep

I really wanted to watch this in the cinema, but I had exams. tongue.gif

And, I'm retro...so, I think I'll get the DVD when it comes out. Hehe! I LOVE good cinematography...and Angelina Jolie.