Sign in to follow this  
cossie

What is USA's communication network on ?

Aight, what an ingenious way.

yes, i know.

Besides, its not even a GSM phone.

i thought USA using GSM? what else do they have? CDMA ada?

i thought USA using GSM? what else do they have? CDMA ada?

It depends on what service carrier you're using. There are some which utilize GSM. However, the coverage isn't as good as the current one that I'm using which is Sprint. The GSM carriers only works in majority of the major cities. Should you get lost in a small town and you need help while stranded in the freeway with only your cell phone to save you, FAT chance as you probably do not have coverage! tongue.gif

Btw, what's CDMA? unsure.gif

Btw, what's CDMA? unsure.gif

CDMA is a "spread spectrum" technology, allowing many users to occupy the same time and frequency allocations in a given band/space. As its name implies, CDMA assigns unique codes to each communication to differentiate it from others in the same spectrum. In a world of finite spectrum resources, CDMA enables many more people to share the airwaves at the same time than do alternative technologies.

The CDMA air interface is used in both 2G and 3G networks. 2G CDMA standards are branded cdmaOne and include IS-95A and IS-95B. CDMA is the foundation for 3G services: the two dominant IMT-2000 standards, CDMA2000 and WCDMA, are based on CDMA.

CDMA Technology

Sorry but I can't comprehend the jargons. Can you put it in simpler lay man terms? tongue.gif

Sorry but I can't comprehend the jargons. Can you put it in simpler lay man terms? tongue.gif

no.

it's okay if you cannot understand, it is not relevant in our life.