Sign in to follow this  
Teff

VASELINE

Girls...

We all know the benefits of Vaseline in the sense of combatting dry skin/chapped lips. Has anyone tried using Vaseline for other purposes besides the aforesaid?

I've heard that Vaseline applied under the eyes may prevent wrinkles from forming, and even eliminate present wrinkles. Can anyone vouch for that?

Also recently heard that Vaseline applied as a "face cream" at night keeps the face soft and wrinkle free & takes years off the face making one look very much younger, and that contrary to popular beliefs, Vaseline doesnt clog pores due to its occlusive nature (ie; it merely "attaches" itself to the skin and doesnt get absorbed, and prevents moisture from escaping the skin surface, hence wont cause pimples/oil seeds/comedones etc). Has anyone tried this method before?

Hope to hear from y'all :)

teff, better don try that

i think it will cause oil seed around area,

very difficult to remove. don try don try

hahahahahaha ok thanks...

i know, i was afraid of that too myself but so many ppl seem to have tried vaseline under the eye and had good results from it...thot would do it too..but kinda scary laaa.. :)

Its so oily.. logical..

Need to clarify sthing here, Vaseline is petroleum based, hence it's not exactly oily as everyone thinks. It's occlusive in nature (meaning, it just binds to the skin) hence, isnt supposed to be absorbed by pores. But nevertheless, I'd better not try it under the eyes to be safe rather than sorry eh ;)