Sign in to follow this  
haute_couture

The Fashion Counsel

I was inspired by eli babe's post "Hawaiian wear" in "Clothes clothes clothes", so I decided to create a new thread for everyone out there who needs advice or suggestions on what to wear, where to buy, etc. Have fun peeps! biggrin.gif

i need to find good 100% cotton socks. they are so difficult to find. i cannot wear socks that have synthetic fibres in them. does anyone here regularly get 100% cotton socks from somewhere?

I'm not sure if this would help, but here are a few places that I have in mind that might have 100% cotton socks.

Have you tried Soxworld? They specialize in selling socks so maybe they should have. How about the men's section in department stores like Isetan or Jusco. And do try places like Scholl, Clarks and Hush Puppies that focus on comfort footwear.

Have you tried Soxworld? They specialize in selling socks so maybe they should have. How about the men's section in department stores like Isetan or Jusco. And do try places like Scholl, Clarks and Hush Puppies that focus on comfort footwear.

the only brand i've found that has 100% cotton socks are by crocodile. the ones at hush puppy are not 100% cotton. i haven't seen a scholl store before. i'll try to look out for soxworld and see if isetan has what i need. thank goodness i'm not out of options yet.

thanks so much. if i don't get what i need, i'll be back. biggrin.gif

Ah yeah, I also need a little help. Where can I find nice jeans. I love super low jeans, but don't want the stretchy kind.

oops... i'm sorry i dunno where my friends go get their clothes. i'm normally 'released' to do my own things. we often go to midvalley megamall. i don't know which store she goes to buy her stuff though. considering the amount of time spent, i think she goes to all the stores.

oops... i'm sorry i dunno where my friends go get their clothes. i'm normally 'released' to do my own things. we often go to midvalley megamall. i don't know which store she goes to buy her stuff though. considering the amount of time spent, i think she goes to all the stores.

Haha its ok...this thread is open to all babes. Anyone can give me suggestions?

Btw cossie, there's a scholl store in 1 utama.

Btw cossie, there's a scholl store in 1 utama.

thank you. what about soxworld? is there an isetan at megamall?

thank you. what about soxworld? is there an isetan at megamall?

Nope, there's only jusco and parkson if i'm not mistaken. There's a soxworld in midvalley and sg. wang as far as I know.

...There's a soxworld in midvalley and sg. wang as far as I know.

thanks for the extra lead. i don't like going to sungei wang complex.

i have a special liking for FCUK jeans.

before i went to the UK for my further education, believe it or not, i only had a pair of jeans, on a pair of FCUK jeans when i was in the UK, i fell for it instantly!

ever since then i only purchased FCUK jeans and until today i think i have got 7 pairs of them.

i think its cutting and style are nice cool.gif

michellechen--> For some unknown reason, ALL levi's jeans in Malaysia looks horrible on me.

venven81--> Unfortunately the FCUK jeans in Malaysia doesn't look that nice. I don't really like the colors....

My most recent pair was a pair of GUESS? daredevil jeans, bought them in February. Am looking for a pair from other brands. I've looked at Seven, Citizens of Humanity etc. but there isn't much choice around here....

why not try TOUGH jeans? their jeans are kinda unique, but im not sure whether they have jeans for females or not..=D i tink they have cus they sell clothes for females too. ^^ but quite pricey..><

michellechen--> For some unknown reason, ALL levi's jeans in Malaysia looks horrible on me.

venven81--> Unfortunately the FCUK jeans in Malaysia doesn't look that nice. I don't really like the colors....

My most recent pair was a pair of GUESS? daredevil jeans, bought them in February. Am looking for a pair from other brands. I've looked at Seven, Citizens of Humanity etc. but there isn't much choice around here....

hv u try topshop or mng?

Hehe thanks for all your suggestions, really appreciate it. smile.gif

Chinadoll --> I haven't tried the cutting of TOUGH jeans before, and although they are unique I think their designs too extreme for me. I prefer those classic 5-pocket jeans.

Kyliemc --> Yea yea I have one pair of topshop and one pair of Miss selfridge jeans, tried b4 MNG jeans not bad, but I can only buy those for Petite size because my legs too short dry.gif

Btw, apart from myself, anyone who has any questions or problems are welcome to post in here....we can help each other out! cheers.gif

Edited by haute_couture

soxworld is out. i went to the outlet at plaza damas and the only 100% cotton they have is a thinly layered sock.

soxworld is out. i went to the outlet at plaza damas and the only 100% cotton they have is a thinly layered sock.

Aiks....hmm....have you tried the department stores? Another suggestion I can give you is Clarks. Apart from that, try places that sell men's working clothes, such as Renoma, but I'm not sure whether they sell socks or not. These are just my suggestions, I'm no clothing expert, sorry.

Cossie the socks you're referring to is cotton with spandex rite? Cos today I asked a woman at this shoe/sock shop whether they had cotton socks, she said cotton also must have spandex to hold it up one....

hihi haute couture,

i hated wearing strapless bra as no matter how tight it was before I stepped out from my hse... it begins to drop a bit after a while. and i hated those transparent bra strap.

please advise if there's any remedy to make my bra stays put ??

Hmm...well the first thing i can think of is whether you're wearing the right size bra? Cos if the bra you're wearing is too loose it will drop.

Another thing i can think of is to buy those bras that are wider at the sides....means the band for u to clip to the back is thicker....those bras that look abit like tube tops.

I also watched before on tv that u can try wearing a strapless bra that is one size smaller than your normal size so it will be tighter, but must try on first so it is more comfortable.

I'm not sure whether my suggestions will work, but you go try already and let me know k? smile.gif

Hmm...well the first thing i can think of is whether you're wearing the right size bra? Cos if the bra you're wearing is too loose it will drop.

Another thing i can think of is to buy those bras that are wider at the sides....means the band for u to clip to the back is thicker....those bras that look abit like tube tops.

I also watched before on tv that u can try wearing a strapless bra that is one size smaller than your normal size so it will be tighter, but must try on first so it is more comfortable.

I'm not sure whether my suggestions will work, but you go try already and let me know k? smile.gif

okie...okie. thanks for the suggestion. i think our body kinda "deflating" when we're in air-conditioned place.... tongue.gif