Sign in to follow this  
shawnjun

Chemical Peel for skin

What is a c-scape serum? and wat is it for??

Wah, dazz i so envy u lo.. After all, ur face is almost flawless now. Have u done chemical peel b4? Btw, how long does it take for u to finish up d 10 session of treatment?

dazzlingme...

congratulations! so happy to hear that ur face is almost flawless.

scary scar...

the c-scape serum contains vitamin c is an antioxidant which neutralizes and stimulates collagen production in the skin so it will helps to reduce scars, age spots and freckles will give a lighter shade of complexion. i believe vitamin c help because last time i used to use ZA lotion that helps to reduce scars product which also contain high in vitamin c n i can see it helps but its a bit slow if depending on using product only. anyway. serum is to help inside of ur skin, whereas moisturizer is for outer of ur skin. ;)

I seriously am interested in meeting up with Dr Christina..I have small reddish and blackish scars around my cheek area due to cystic acne. They arent that conspicuous but they bother me each time I look into the mirror. And they tend to be rather obvious if my face is wet or oily. I am striving to get the perfect complexion I had just 2 years ago. :) I am thinking of doing the microderm dazzling is raving about. But I dont think my skin would need 10 sessions. I am guessing 2-3 sessions would definitely rid me of my spots completely. As it is, I dont use any foundation and my skin looks healthy but as my boyfriend would put it "she wouldnt be satisfied until and unless all the spots disappear". LOL....! :)

RM300+ per session is a bomb but nevertheless worth a try. I am completely against peeling as I have seen a lot of people with bad experiences walking the streets, regretting every single minute of their lives spent doing peeling. But nevertheless, there are a few who have had tremendously superb results from peeling so I guess it's a matter of skin compatibility. Different people, different types of skin, different reactions :)

A friend of mine has recently suggested that I go for a one time laser treatment at Dr Nathan's clinic in Bangsar..apparently for only RM500, the laser treatment would clear everything. But I did some online research and have found out that laser treatments, if performed inappropriately, can cause new scarring or uneven pigmentation. Some scary shit right there LOL :)

Anyhow, thanks dazzling for recommending Dr Christina to us. I think instead of doing laser treatment at Dr Nathan's, am gonna drag my friend to Dr Christina's clinic too since the consultation is free. See what Dr Christina says first, if it looks promising, then will definitely go ahead.. ;)

Edited by Teff

I seriously am interested in meeting up with Dr Christina..I have small reddish and blackish scars around my cheek area due to cystic acne. They arent that conspicuous but they bother me each time I look into the mirror. And they tend to be rather obvious if my face is wet or oily. I am striving to get the perfect complexion I had just 2 years ago. :) I am thinking of doing the microderm dazzling is raving about. But I dont think my skin would need 10 sessions. I am guessing 2-3 sessions would definitely rid me of my spots completely. As it is, I dont use any foundation and my skin looks healthy but as my boyfriend would put it "she wouldnt be satisfied until and unless all the spots disappear". LOL....! :)

RM300+ per session is a bomb but nevertheless worth a try. I am completely against peeling as I have seen a lot of people with bad experiences walking the streets, regretting every single minute of their lives spent doing peeling. But nevertheless, there are a few who have had tremendously superb results from peeling so I guess it's a matter of skin compatibility. Different people, different types of skin, different reactions :)

A friend of mine has recently suggested that I go for a one time laser treatment at Dr Nathan's clinic in Bangsar..apparently for only RM500, the laser treatment would clear everything. But I did some online research and have found out that laser treatments, if performed inappropriately, can cause new scarring or uneven pigmentation. Some scary shit right there LOL :)

Anyhow, thanks dazzling for recommending Dr Christina to us. I think instead of doing laser treatment at Dr Nathan's, am gonna drag my friend to Dr Christina's clinic too since the consultation is free. See what Dr Christina says first, if it looks promising, then will definitely go ahead.. ;)

Teff,

it is better to do some research about laser coz laser is dangerous as it causes hyperpigmentation if not done properly..lol...microdermabrasion is still the safest way to go about getting rid of scars i feel : )...even dr christina herself dont recommend laser unless your skin is in really bad condition...i hope your skin will be perfect eh after seeking treatment from her : )...

she is charging rm 300 for each session if i've not mistaken..( without signing up package )..so go ahead make an appointment to see her since consultaion is free anyway...:)

Teff,

it is better to do some research about laser coz laser is dangerous as it causes hyperpigmentation if not done properly..lol...microdermabrasion is still the safest way to go about getting rid of scars i feel : )...even dr christina herself dont recommend laser unless your skin is in really bad condition...i hope your skin will be perfect eh after seeking treatment from her : )...

she is charging rm 300 for each session if i've not mistaken..( without signing up package )..so go ahead make an appointment to see her since consultaion is free anyway... :)

Yeah, Ive heard and read bout the dangers of laser treatments too..scary....definitely not a path I'd wanna take :)

Nways, cheers babes, thanks for the wonderful insight ;)

scarry scar,

my face now... a bit red lor as usual. kinda better compare to before i started the treatment coz it helps to lighten my freckles n pigmentation. scars wise, only those open pores dun looks so visible. i think for my acne scars, still need a little bit more time. i will go for the peeling next month because i will be trying to get pregnant on november thats why i cant go for needling coz needling got 5 treatment, 1 treatment a month which take up 5 months time. if i take up needling then i can only think of conceiving on february next year which is after the needling course whereas peeling i can go for it then on september then by october i should be recover dy. so it's sounds safer to me :)

Alright, hope that is d best for u. Coz i juz wana express my concern on chemical peeling coz alot of ppl had unlikely outcome. Thats wat i heard =)

Safety wise, i will opt for needling if i were u coz d doc will have more control on tat process. However, if tat is wat u choose, may it be d best for u.

scary scar,

thanks for ur concern. i have just check with the singapore national skin centre about this particular vi peel which is chemical peel. they said this is the latest chemical peel and so long during the 1 week after chemical peel, if i dun go under the sun the result will be good and i have a friend that just did this particular chemical peel in singapore and she has done 3 times, the result is really good. so i m not really worry about it due to i got not much of choice now.

i had cyst op last year and my gynae need me to try to get pregnant on november onwards, thats why i cant go for microneedling. so have u go for microneedling yet?

Right now i m not in malaysia coz i m studying elsewhere. But i'll be back end of dis year n go consult doc. I think my face need to go for needling as the scar is really severe on both my cheek. Microdermabrasion alone is not enough for me =( i suppose

i heard vi peel is really good and overheard some clients talking bout vi peel in dr christina's clinic...some even use vi peel on their body and i was shocked to hear that lol but then again im sure they hv all the money in the world to spend !...good for them ! : )...eheh how i wish i can do that too lol

scary scar,

dun have to worry so much ur scars k? for time being maybe u can try to use ZA product that is for acne scars. i've tried it before, it was good just that its slow. anyway, u should really consult dr. christina and see what the doctor says when u come back.

dazzlingme,

just for ur info, vi peel is 800 for one peel. anyway, i dun think u need it, right? since u said ur skin is almost flawless so dun have to worry about it. lucky u! unline ppl like me, got kinda deep scars and time frame limits so dun have much choice :(

no i dont plan to do vi peel..i dont grow money on trees lol....

i used to hv very bad scars, red, deep acne and chicken pox scars but ever since i started microdermabrasion, using all aha skincare products and going for regular facials my skin has improved tremendously !!! lol.

no neeed vi peel di lerrrr..

i m not rich also ler... but really want my skin to be as smooth as baby skin. anyway, trying lar... so wanna go for at least one time of chemical peeling lor. plus doing microdermabrasion that hopefully can get me where i want to be lar. :)

anyway, i dun really think a bar of soap can make a lot of different. if can, then there wont be any dermatologist, laser and stuff been ever invented, right? seriously thats what i think. i dun mean to offend anyone.

i done 1 treatment onli so far..

but i DARE TO SAY for my face condition... after 1 treatment it already improve by 20%!!!! more than 20%..

previously my whole cheek was red!!! imagine the amount of concealer i use

some more i need to use green make up base...

now.. wahaha.. normal compact or foundation is good enough.. is not untill flawless.. but foundation wif coverage power can cover those flaw d !!!

i don need green make up base so far la... keep my finger cross ~!!

ps.. all ppl have different skin type.. so i don dare to say it suits for every1... u can try once if u .. erm.. are worry la ~.~ but more exp..

Luyi, there??

Any updates from u? =)

anyway, i dun really think a bar of soap can make a lot of different. if can, then there wont be any dermatologist, laser and stuff been ever invented, right? seriously thats what i think. i dun mean to offend anyone.

I AGREE 100% :)

i second that teff !! smile.gif a bar of soap wont make much difference..

i know tihs is a lil bit out of topic...teff, whut do u think of reviews from consumer health digest?they test and scrutinize products individually and ranked them accordingly...do u think they r reliable?

here's d link

QUOTE (dazzlingme @ Sep 1 2008, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i second that teff !! smile.gif a bar of soap wont make much difference..

i know tihs is a lil bit out of topic...teff, whut do u think of reviews from consumer health digest?they test and scrutinize products individually and ranked them accordingly...do u think they r reliable?

here's d link

Hi dazzling smile.gif Hmm...IMO, reviews are usually based on a number of trials and tests done on certain number of individuals hence they tend to be inconclusive. So, it's kinda hard to say whether or not such reviews/statistics are reliable. But there's no harm trying tho...I would too..from top to bottom smile.gif Finding the right skincare is like finding true love..one may have to kiss a thousand frogs before finally getting THE one....LOL smile.gif