Sign in to follow this  
shawnjun

Chemical Peel for skin

to those who have been to dr chea's clinic, does she provide treatments for back acne scars? i've suffered from body acne so i have serious acne scars on my back and some on my chest :( is MD applicable for body acne?

[quote name='shawnjun' timestamp='1203654614' post='480006']
Hi, I really hope someone can give me some info about chemical peels or also known as microdermabrasion. I have suffered from acne scar all over my face. and I'm so depresed by it. I had been finding some info about it on-line but there are so few of info about it in m'sia. Is there any side-effect? How much will it cost? Where can I have it? (KL area) Will it be effective?

I really hope someone can help me regarding this. Thanks you.
[/quote]

Chemical peel or CP and microdermbrasion or MD are two different things. CP uses acid (glycolic, salycic or lactic ) to exfoliate your skin and MD uses small crystals to exfoliate.

Personally speaking from experience, I'd go for CP first, and MD for maintenance. You would want to do CP at the doctor's first, and once you are more knowledgeable, you can do some light peels at home.

CPs are effective, they alleviate acne, acne scarring and promotes skin renewal. A peel can start from RM150 to rm1000 - depends on the strength. Dr.Ko is a good clinic, also Dr. Chea is SJ.

Side effects of CP - minimal if you do it right - just remember to wear SPF50 every day because your skin would be sensitive to the sun - if you don't wear sunscreen you'll reverse the good side effects of CPs.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='dazzlingme' timestamp='1301580209' post='594583']
im happy for u haha :) to be honest i dont use any other products now except for the basic skincare stuffs becuz my skin is flawless. Microdermabrasion and the vitamin c + glutathione injection is all I need, i know it is not exactly the cheapest treatment u spend on but it is definitely the most effective treatment ever for smooth clear skin. It has been donkey years, even I cant count anymore but I swear by microdermabrasion treatment and i hv been religiously doing MD for the past few years at dr christina's clinic.

To all the girls out there battling acne, dont give up becuz great long term permanent results dont surface immediately, it takes time ! in the mean time , persevere and dont rush into different types of treatments or products !!
[/quote]

dazzling,i just did microdermabrasion at my area...the just clean my face --->do MD ---—> apply a layer of cream (ask me wash off in half/one hour at home)...everything is so simple and fast...
may i know the procedure u did at Dr.christina?
Just to compare...

and what should i take note after doing MD?

[quote name='mellybuu' timestamp='1301585572' post='594594']
to those who have been to dr chea's clinic, does she provide treatments for back acne scars? i've suffered from body acne so i have serious acne scars on my back and some on my chest :( is MD applicable for body acne?
[/quote]

i hv no idea . my best bet is to just call them up and ask? :)

[quote name='winter-X' timestamp='1301662386' post='594627']
dazzling,i just did microdermabrasion at my area...the just clean my face --->do MD ---—> apply a layer of cream (ask me wash off in half/one hour at home)...everything is so simple and fast...
may i know the procedure u did at Dr.christina?
Just to compare...

and what should i take note after doing MD?
[/quote]

urm...the procredure is remove ur makeup, clean ur skin, do MD, followed by the oxygen treatment to cool down the redness, extraction and followed by a purifying mask to kill acne bacterias.

i guess MD is pretty much safe. Just try not to stay under the sun :) ur skin will go back to normal after a day or two depending on whut sorta pressure the dr performs on ur skin :)

[quote name='dazzlingme' timestamp='1301675650' post='594630']
urm...the procredure is remove ur makeup, clean ur skin, do MD, followed by the oxygen treatment to cool down the redness, extraction and followed by a purifying mask to kill acne bacterias.

i guess MD is pretty much safe. Just try not to stay under the sun :) ur skin will go back to normal after a day or two depending on whut sorta pressure the dr performs on ur skin :)
[/quote]

haih,mine no oxygen treatment, no extraction, no purifying mask...
no wonder so cheap...this is so called student package...
my skin just got abit redness after the treatment...so far not big deal...
thought my skin will have peeling after 3 days...but dint...

so far cant see the result as i just take once...

HI, anyone can tell me how much does chemical peels, dysport and fillers cost in Melaka? Any good place to get IPL or fractional laser in Melaka and how much does it cost per time?

Any good advice are greatly appreciated. Thank you....

When I read about Dr Christina Cheah, I went for consultation and did microdermabrasion and microneedling there. I spent over 5k and now I finally realize that she's so overrated. I hope someone would share other practitioners' names with the rest of us. When I read that you guys bought those products from other doctors at much cheaper place, it makes me feel terrible about being her customer. I am not going back there. It's not the money problem. I just don't want to pay extra when I don't have to. I am sure there're quality doctors out there too, who are more sincere and are willing to explain on their products, not so much of just merely business people. I think that I went there because of the internet influence but when I experienced it myself... It's just overrated.

OVERCHARGING. Microneedling needs quite some time to be performed actually. Guess what, she just quickly did her job, I think she just spent 5 minutes with me and then left me in the room. I signed up for the package and was treated like that. Plus the talking, I think she just spent 10 minutes of the whole 1 hour I spent there. And there goes my RM 600 per session??? Wow... The first time I went there, she was patient and talked to me. I think when I paid the full amount and signed up for the package, I feel like I didn't get the service that I deserve. I would probably get a better service if I didn't sign up for any packages. And you guys are so true. She's such a businesswoman. Now, to think of the experience, I think she was a bit pushy to get me to buy products that I didn't have to buy. Being a consumer, I wanted to know what it was. She was hesitant to tell me. End up, my aunt who accompanied me, just asked me to get them just because 'the doctor recommends so'. So just to tip you guys off, just don't get influenced by all the talking.

And the worsttttttttttttt thing is that, I was so SHOCKED when she showed me other patients' pictures and said, "it's confidential but i'll share this with you"! I had the thought in my mind, what if she does the same with my pictures. I don't mind if people that I know of, see the pics. I just don't want her to simply show my pics to random strangers in her clinic. And now, I am even MORE SHOCKED when I read other forumer saying that Dr Christina Cheah showed other patients' pics to her. Does this mean, she share pics with everyone? Shocker!

sorry cannot put image..but want to ask if it can cure any raised scar ? Edited by nur@

why don't you try fractional laser? side effect will only leave 3-4 days. while the mirco~will left side effect for few weeks. i think you will suffer a lot. You can go dermagenesis ask for advice. I think is free of charge for consultance

[quote name='whiterose11' timestamp='1306537350' post='596177']
When I read about Dr Christina Cheah, I went for consultation and did microdermabrasion and microneedling there. I spent over 5k and now I finally realize that she's so overrated. I hope someone would share other practitioners' names with the rest of us. When I read that you guys bought those products from other doctors at much cheaper place, it makes me feel terrible about being her customer. I am not going back there. It's not the money problem. I just don't want to pay extra when I don't have to. I am sure there're quality doctors out there too, who are more sincere and are willing to explain on their products, not so much of just merely business people. I think that I went there because of the internet influence but when I experienced it myself... It's just overrated.

OVERCHARGING. Microneedling needs quite some time to be performed actually. Guess what, she just quickly did her job, I think she just spent 5 minutes with me and then left me in the room. I signed up for the package and was treated like that. Plus the talking, I think she just spent 10 minutes of the whole 1 hour I spent there. And there goes my RM 600 per session??? Wow... The first time I went there, she was patient and talked to me. I think when I paid the full amount and signed up for the package, I feel like I didn't get the service that I deserve. I would probably get a better service if I didn't sign up for any packages. And you guys are so true. She's such a businesswoman. Now, to think of the experience, I think she was a bit pushy to get me to buy products that I didn't have to buy. Being a consumer, I wanted to know what it was. She was hesitant to tell me. End up, my aunt who accompanied me, just asked me to get them just because 'the doctor recommends so'. So just to tip you guys off, just don't get influenced by all the talking.

And the worsttttttttttttt thing is that, I was so SHOCKED when she showed me other patients' pictures and said, "it's confidential but i'll share this with you"! I had the thought in my mind, what if she does the same with my pictures. I don't mind if people that I know of, see the pics. I just don't want her to simply show my pics to random strangers in her clinic. And now, I am even MORE SHOCKED when I read other forumer saying that Dr Christina Cheah showed other patients' pics to her. Does this mean, she share pics with everyone? Shocker!
[/quote]

Why don't you buy the microneedling and roll it by yourself, then buy the cream or medicine that Dr Christina Cheah have too, use the cream by yourself too. Microneedling / dermaroller cost RM100 only and u can use it up to 50 times (roll 1 time per week, 4 times per month), revitol cream cost RM220 only (2 month usages), Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate cream RM70 (2 month usages).

The microdermabration at Dr christina Cheah is overpriced,you can get better microdermabration at Ranjit Skin Specialiost at RM 150.00.Dr Christina is just a normal doctor not specilaist still very expensive.Vitamin C + glutatione original brand cost RM 250.00 at ranjit Skin specilaist but Rm500.00 at Dr Christina.
[quote name='dazzlingme' timestamp='1301580209' post='594583']
im happy for u haha :) to be honest i dont use any other products now except for the basic skincare stuffs becuz my skin is flawless. Microdermabrasion and the vitamin c + glutathione injection is all I need, i know it is not exactly the cheapest treatment u spend on but it is definitely the most effective treatment ever for smooth clear skin. It has been donkey years, even I cant count anymore but I swear by microdermabrasion treatment and i hv been religiously doing MD for the past few years at dr christina's clinic.

To all the girls out there battling acne, dont give up becuz great long term permanent results dont surface immediately, it takes time ! in the mean time , persevere and dont rush into different types of treatments or products !!
[/quote]

Hi girls,

I'm new here, but got interested after reading the conversation about laser treatments.

I've been battling keloid for years (BCG Scar), I went for surgery to remove my BCG scar, only to have a bigger keloid forming. Now I regret!!

Tried the injections, but it doesn;t work and am now looking at laser treatments. Read some stuff about fractional co2 laser treatment for keloids. Is that the best?

Anyone has any experience with successful keloid removal? It's becoming quite uncomfortable.. I've given up wearing sleeveless, now I just want to reduce the "height" of the scare (if u know what i mean).

Any recommendations/experience? Anyone? I've been searching for answers for years.. hope someone can help..

[quote name='lalanini' timestamp='1307092952' post='596401']
my friend went to a place called skin .club in menara hap seng it made a massive difference she fells so much more confident now about her skin.

[/quote]

is the treatment expensive??

Dr christina Cheah is not a speciliast but normak doctor,she has done a small diploma from singapore which is not recognised as a specilaist qualification,still charge more than qualified Skin Specilaist.My friend went to her for active acne and she advised vitamin C injection,doxycycline antibiotics which is very cheap cost only rM 30..00 for one month and did microdermation on the first the face all swelled up and was charged RM1000.00.When I asked a dermatologist about he was appaled.He says one cannot do microdermabration for active acne,it will spread the infection.Mircoderma is only done for the scars once the acne has subsided.Another of my friend spend nearly RM10,000.00 for microderma and microneedling at the same place but no improvement for the active acne.later saw Dr Ranjit and was cured with medication roaccutane which is reserved only for qualified skin speciliast but many G.P. also prescribe unofficially.Generally most of the normal doctors who do not have qualifications but call themselves dermatologist charge many times more because few patients and want to get rich fast.
[quote name='zac1987' timestamp='1310923369' post='597797']
Why don't you buy the microneedling and roll it by yourself, then buy the cream or medicine that Dr Christina Cheah have too, use the cream by yourself too. Microneedling / dermaroller cost RM100 only and u can use it up to 50 times (roll 1 time per week, 4 times per month), revitol cream cost RM220 only (2 month usages), Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate cream RM70 (2 month usages).
[/quote]

Hi guys! I just did an AHA peel at Ranjit's clinic but my skin is not peeling even the slightest bit! It's been about 3 days now and my skin feels tight and it looks really shiny esp my forehead but ZERO peeling. also I have some marks on my cheek but I don't remember having them before the peel. Any ideas, anyone? I could use some help here.

I want to get rid of my eye bags and pigmentation. Would appreciate some recommendations.
Did anyone here ever had treatments at Dr Anna Hoo Clinic? You can read her blogspot ([url="http://annahoo.blogspot.com/"]http://annahoo.blogspot.com[/url]) and her clinic website ([color=#009933][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2]www.[/size][/font][/color][b]annahooclinic[/b][color=#009933][font=arial, sans-serif][size=2].com/).[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='gmbabe' timestamp='1320516466' post='601615']
Lighthouse, your skin is reacting to the AHA peel treatment and peeling will start soon.
[/quote]

Hi! Thanks for the reply.
My skin has indeed started peeling but it's mostly around the chin. Is there any particular reason for this? Also,there is barely any peeling on my forehead.
Those brown spots that I mentioned about seem to still be there-will those go off once the skin in that area starts peeling? Thank you!:)

[quote name='markonahsood' timestamp='1225261389' post='523817']
meklin, if u stay sumwhere around setapak, u can go one clinic highly recommend in gombak...
[/quote]

Hi, may I know the clinic's name and its address?

Yes, definitely. I did my MD n MN a year ago n spent a lot of money there. And I found a saloon only charge less than 1k for 5 session of MN. I'm shock! Coz I spent 3k on MN at dr christina there. And now my face get to normal coz serious breakout and whitehead, new scare appear.

Everytime she does d treatment on me, she seems like trying to talk something to psycho me. For example, she talk with her staff said "Ms lim(other person) face getting better oledi after the injections". I was thinking, can u be concentrate. After finished the treatment her staff trying to approach me the new treatment. darn, it a typical sales strategy!

It's been a long time I didn't visit her, coz not affordable. Poor! :(

[quote name='whiterose11' timestamp='1306537350' post='596177']

[/quote] Edited by Hackson

Fractional laser side effect will be more than MN. It will cause ur face keep redness for few weeks. MN no, it bak to normal skin colour within a week. I tried 2 treatments before.

[quote name='day2dayluvshopaholic' timestamp='1309158025' post='597155']
why don't you try fractional laser? side effect will only leave 3-4 days. while the mirco~will left side effect for few weeks. i think you will suffer a lot. You can go dermagenesis ask for advice. I think is free of charge for consultance
[/quote]