Sign in to follow this  
shawnjun

Chemical Peel for skin

Hi there,

the place i frequent is called Pure Touch Skin Clinic. It's same row as Parkway restaurant, facing the single storey houses. here's the add to avoid confusion:

No. 17, Jalan SS 17/6C,

Subang Jaya 47500,

Petaling Jaya

Tel: 03-56311988

I used to go to Dr Ranjits long ago but stopped adi cos i find his treatments rather expensive and not as good as Pure Touch. So yeah, hope this helps!

Hi, may i knw the peeling is done by dr or beautician? U do BHA peel every mth?

To dazzinger,

dun wori, i won't play a fool on my face, i don't think i need to do laser rite now, will monitor my face condition first. It's erbium laser which of one kind of fractional laser. Dr Ko tat one should be Co2 fractional laser. Thx. Bt i did see quite a number of plp has no hyperpigmentations wt lasers (not everyone as u said) :-).

Yup. BHA peel every month. When i first started out with a lota pimples, the doctor did it for me using AHA which is stronger and much more effective for my pimples. Gradually I moved on with BHA peel which is done by experienced beautician.. BHA is not very strong.. i find it effective in removing skin impurities and encourages renewal of my skin. each time after BHA my skin becomes baby pinkish with a radiant glow effect. dont get me wrong, it's not burnt or anything, maybe the superb massage does wonders as well! very effective i must say.

Yup. BHA peel every month. When i first started out with a lota pimples, the doctor did it for me using AHA which is stronger and much more effective for my pimples. Gradually I moved on with BHA peel which is done by experienced beautician.. BHA is not very strong.. i find it effective in removing skin impurities and encourages renewal of my skin. each time after BHA my skin becomes baby pinkish with a radiant glow effect. dont get me wrong, it's not burnt or anything, maybe the superb massage does wonders as well! very effective i must say.

jococo, if u dun mind.. may i ask.. how much it cost/session?

konah, am at pantai dalam but seldom goes to gombak. In fact, goin to gombak is not a problem if there is a good clinic :D.. katner? n berapa ongkosnyer se sessi?

Meklin,

a single session cost about RM150 but it includes deep cleansing, extraction (optional), eyebrow trimming, face&shoulder massage, eye treatment, facial firming, peeling & mask. the duration for the whole treatment is about 1.5 hours. the best part is the facial firming cos it really helps with my double chin! there's a doctor there to give free skin consultations with appointments.

Meklin,

a single session cost about RM150 but it includes deep cleansing, extraction (optional), eyebrow trimming, face&shoulder massage, eye treatment, facial firming, peeling & mask. the duration for the whole treatment is about 1.5 hours. the best part is the facial firming cos it really helps with my double chin! there's a doctor there to give free skin consultations with appointments.

Hi, u meant the clinic is specialized in doing chemical peels only? (BHA, AHA etc). Do they hv V-peels there? Yes, if Dr Ranjit, really lots of plp and u nd to wash face by urself. But what brand is the BHA of that pure touch clinic uses? I really afraid of massaging.hehe, coz vy geli to me..nd to make appt b4 going there?

No, no.. not just peels. It's actually more of a facial treatment, with additional peels. can see the doctor for any skin problem not just for face, they also do laser removal of mole & oil cysts too, by the doctor la of course. the face/shoulder massage is very nice! many a times i fall asleep during my facial session cos very relaxing lo. not geli one la like those foot massage. but i must say the firming treatment is awesome.. really firms up my double chin and makes my face smaller. there's this Datin, featured in a recent issue of WAnita or Jelita magazine, who swears by this facial firming treatment. so if u don't want massage also can one, it'll be cheaper i guess. The range of products they used are formulated by the Doctor himself, not sold commercially outside. My mom used to have 'butterfly-shaped' pigmentation on both her cheeks, but after using this special cream called SP Day & Night, with monthly facials, her pigmentations totally disappeared! didn't even have to do laser! i think it might be better to call up for an appointment, walk-in also can one. what i like about this place is that they dont make you sign up for courses. just pay per treatment. Cheers!

No, no.. not just peels. It's actually more of a facial treatment, with additional peels. can see the doctor for any skin problem not just for face, they also do laser removal of mole & oil cysts too, by the doctor la of course. the face/shoulder massage is very nice! many a times i fall asleep during my facial session cos very relaxing lo. not geli one la like those foot massage. but i must say the firming treatment is awesome.. really firms up my double chin and makes my face smaller. there's this Datin, featured in a recent issue of WAnita or Jelita magazine, who swears by this facial firming treatment. so if u don't want massage also can one, it'll be cheaper i guess. The range of products they used are formulated by the Doctor himself, not sold commercially outside. My mom used to have 'butterfly-shaped' pigmentation on both her cheeks, but after using this special cream called SP Day & Night, with monthly facials, her pigmentations totally disappeared! didn't even have to do laser! i think it might be better to call up for an appointment, walk-in also can one. what i like about this place is that they dont make you sign up for courses. just pay per treatment. Cheers!

Cool, i hv vy bad acne scars now (the colours are vy dark n red, oredi 3 mths..). I did a BHA peel at Ranjit's clinic and the peeling has lighten the marks by 20%. Some of my acne marks stil hv 'heads' inside one, that's why so dark i guess, the heads are revealed only after BHA peeling..don't dare to go for any beautician anymore coz afraid they'll help me to extract them again, which will left more serious scars..So u feel the BHA peels fr tis clinic is much better than Dr Ranjit's one? Yah, he has too many patients and his BHA peels is darn fast..(less than 15minutes for Rm150)..hahahaha..bt the effect is gd la, so better than signing up for expensive course..Thx ya :-).Any injections available in tat clinics btw?

what sort of injections are u looking into btw? actually i'm not too sure but u may ask the doctor ya? the peeling treatment there is very good lo. more than an hour, it's like a spa session, after peeling it ends with a nice icy-cold clay mask, u'll feel very refreshed after that one. but sometimes i think it's good to extract the heads la especially the stubborn hard hard ones but just dont over do it to roughly. just tell the beauty consultants to not extract if u prefer not to. somehow i feel that peeling will kill the germs involved in blackhead/acne formation and helps regeneration of new skin. Hope this helps on you. Cheers!

Thx, jococo, actually i'm looking for vitc/gluthathione injection which can help lightening my dark acnes scars..anyone knws how truth is it of these injections?Dr Christina's clinic is rm150 per jab.

dearies i m new to the forum, can any1 recommend good doc or clinic in pj area doin treatments for back active acne n scars at affordable prices pls?preferable hartamas area damansara area..

hi, gals

can check out with DR chin at www.mj-aesthetic.com he provide a lot of trmt that is good and reasonable price. i go there for my TCA peel. and laser . the result is fast ! :rolleyes:

hi sherbe, may i know how much is the TCA cost? i m currently doing BHA peeling, n i plan to do TCA cuz mine scar is kinda deep. n how long it takes for ur skin to fully recover?thanks.

Hi all, I'm a newbie here but this thread seems to be rather interesting. however, just like to share my experience in chemical peel. since high school i had ugly pimples all over my face & i got a recommendation to this skin care centre that specializes in AHA/BHA peels. I've been going for monthly peels for years! since then i never had a single pimple which is awesome. the place i go to is in SS 17 Subang, behind Bacfree filters, near Lit hung primary school. they also have another branch in Taman Megah near Ming Tien food court. a single session cost about RM150 but it includes deep cleansing, extraction (optional), eyebrow trimming, face&shoulder massage, eye treatment, facial firming, peeling & mask. the duration for the whole treatment is about 1.5 hours. the best part is the facial firming cos it really helps with my double chin! there's a doctor there to give free skin consultations with appointments.

from this thread i read that a lota ppl suffer from chemical peel burns but safe to say, i've never encountered this before. they have different percentages of chemical peels to suit different skin so it's all good! microdermabrasion sounds cool & i've never tried this before. sounds very effective but dare not try! cos scared of the thought of having something scrubbing hard on my face!

can u gv me the address of the branch in Tmn Megah?

anyone did vi peel in christina chea's clinic b4? mind to sharE???

im considering to go for chemical peel ..but i dont wan those AHA or BHA peels coz it doesnt work as effectively as VI peel...acc to my own findings..VI peel is considered one of the best peels ard..so i jus thought of givin it a go..ehhe wanna have super nice skin before chinese new year :)

hi there folks. im no doubts new here :)

just read all pages of this thread i believe flammed by dazzling . gud jobs and lots got info

i recently went to dermagenesis for a consultation.

i was told to do 2 treatments of subcision(needling) and 6 treatments of fraxel laser, 1 is actually free with the package.

estimated improvement of pitted scars would be about 70%.

i also read about dr chia in taipin, she seems very good and firendly - the needling device you guys pay for i suppose are solely used only for you(specific patients)

you actually own the device rite ? some roller device with lot sharp short needles on it.

i suppose thats why its quite expensive ( rm2500 for 5 treatments )

i did subcision/needling before with DR ting in KL, it was ok though it hurt bad.

did not realise much difference only very little.

dermagenesis got discounts for students im suppose to pay 1500 for all my sessions but i still want to learn from all of you ''sifus'' :)

i do not get much acne nowdays maybe 1 or 2 in 2 - 4 weeks. only seeking for scar treatment! can be bit depressing sometimes!

anyone here interested in trying out dermagenesis ? would be good if theres a partner , can car pool on different days/times ? save fuel/parking also have motivational post treatment chit chat. ehehe..

wonder where are the metro guys gone ?

i have seen mostly all fraxel videos on youtube and not all are set at high settings so the pain actually depends on different patients.

i also spoke to a friend doctor who works for skin department - was told that laser is ok normally and hyperpigmentation occurs if your not careful with the sun after treatment! its best to stay way from the sun.. im looking forward and just being very positive here. but i guess rm 1500 should be not too bad

best of luck for everyone else, hope the gift of smooth skin would be blessed on all of us. :)

eheh. :praisegod:

anyone did vi peel in christina chea's clinic b4? mind to sharE???

im considering to go for chemical peel ..but i dont wan those AHA or BHA peels coz it doesnt work as effectively as VI peel...acc to my own findings..VI peel is considered one of the best peels ard..so i jus thought of givin it a go..ehhe wanna have super nice skin before chinese new year :)

Hi, dazzlingme, stil remember me? Thx for recommending me to dr christina chea, i'm doing microneedling there now and i'm extremely happy wt the results. haha, i tot ur skin oredi super nice becoz of MD? Wanna ask u about MD, does it helps in the scars as well? Can see the obvious effect after one session of MD? Coz i'm thinking to convert my MN to MD (my scars hv improved alot by the MN, so i tot to convert to MD becoz MD wont coz face so red like MN). Thx.

hi everyone, i went to see Dr leng (mont kiara) last week for my ice pick scar. i tot i wanna do the MN, but doctor suggest TCA CROSS. she said it's better for ice pick scar. it cost RM250, but RM1250 for 5 treatments.

i did it and i can see some improvement, doc told me i can see optimal result after 3-6 treatment.

For your information, TCA CROSS is a simple procedure, it takes few minutes only.. doc will apply 100% TCA onto ice pick scar (only scar, if not it will cause permanent scar on healthy tissue), then the scar will turn to white colour for about 20 mins for less. it will form scab the next day n wait for abt 5 days n the scab will fall off.

my scar is still visible but i m happy with the result. i wud said no downtime if ur face have few scar only. cuz the other part of ur face is clear n only the scar is dark (scab).

hi everyone, i went to see Dr leng (mont kiara) last week for my ice pick scar. i tot i wanna do the MN, but doctor suggest TCA CROSS. she said it's better for ice pick scar. it cost RM250, but RM1250 for 5 treatments.

i did it and i can see some improvement, doc told me i can see optimal result after 3-6 treatment.

For your information, TCA CROSS is a simple procedure, it takes few minutes only.. doc will apply 100% TCA onto ice pick scar (only scar, if not it will cause permanent scar on healthy tissue), then the scar will turn to white colour for about 20 mins for less. it will form scab the next day n wait for abt 5 days n the scab will fall off.

my scar is still visible but i m happy with the result. i wud said no downtime if ur face have few scar only. cuz the other part of ur face is clear n only the scar is dark (scab).

Haha, junnie,nice to hear tat fr u. Bt i wonder how dr Leng apply the TCA? Coz the ice pick scars are so tiny?! How is the acne marks then? will it helps? Btw, if juz apply the TCA on the scars, the scars wont become deeper meh (coz TCA is vy strong skin peeling)? Hehe, dun really understands how it works actually..

Haha, junnie,nice to hear tat fr u. Bt i wonder how dr Leng apply the TCA? Coz the ice pick scars are so tiny?! How is the acne marks then? will it helps? Btw, if juz apply the TCA on the scars, the scars wont become deeper meh (coz TCA is vy strong skin peeling)? Hehe, dun really understands how it works actually..

i dont think ice pick scars are tiny...

there can be many types....

it depends...

box scars...deep v....v...many.....

usually doc use toothpick to apply. n the doc must be very careful. it's works on scar only, marks i dun think so..

junnie do you think the sell tca cross kit for home use ?

and also how long after first treatment is your second treament ?

the only apply in the depressed pitted scars or on the normal skin also around the scars ?

Edited by bluess

-have to wait for 4-6 weeks before the next treatment.

-only apply on depressed scar.

-i'm not sure abt the home kit.but i think u can get it at ebay