Sign in to follow this  
tangerine

Duromine anyone?

HiChibi Maruko,
I suggest you drop duromine.. all drugs are not good for health.. you can try a healthier way to losing weight.. obesity does not happen in one day.. so, you need to slowly lose those weight.. USANA reset program is one of the good way. PM me if you want to know more about it. Also, there are alot more healthy way to lose the weight... just read the other readers' comment in this thread..
Thanx!

QUOTE (chibi_maruko @ Aug 3 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im an obese girl. i need duromine to control my weight. can anyone pls P.M me which clinic have duromine? i stay in klang at work at damansara uptown. both places will be convinient for me.

the clinic are in kampung pandan...

QUOTE (chibi_maruko @ Aug 3 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im an obese girl. i need duromine to control my weight. can anyone pls P.M me which clinic have duromine? i stay in klang at work at damansara uptown. both places will be convinient for me.

Dear chii_maruko chan smile.gif ..here r sum side effect i found on net http://www.aboutduromine.com/duromine-side-effects

U know what I think? Better obese than have to face long list of side effects lorr..juz my 10cents opinion..

<h2 class="title">Side Effects</h2> Duromine is used to reduce body weight in obese or overweight patients. As with any medication, there are usually some side effects that are associated with the product. In taking duromine. The typical side effects are an increase in blood pressure and heart rates. There is also the possibility that it could also cause restlessness, insomnia and heart palpitations. There is also the possibility that duromine may cause physical and psychological dependence.

Duromine Short Term Side Effects

All medicines can have side effects and this may occur with the normal use of Duromine. Duromine may make you feel more awake than usual. You may have trouble sleeping. It can have some effects on the heart and these should not be taken lightly.

More Common Symptoms
  • Sense of well-being
  • Increased blood pressure
  • Insomnia
  • Nervousness
  • Irritability

Less Common to Rare Symptoms
  • Tiredness
  • Clumsiness
  • Dry mouth
  • Lack of sexual desire
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Confusion
  • Psychosis
  • Blurred vision
  • Skin rash or itching
  • Diarrhea
  • Unpleasant taste in mouth
  • Irregular heartbeat
  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Stomach pain

Possible Overdose Symptoms
  • Confusion
  • Rapid Breathing
  • Convulsions (seizures)
  • Irregular heartbeat
  • Dizziness
  • Mental Depression, following a period of excitement
  • Fever
  • Restlessness
  • Panic
  • Aggression
  • Tiredness
  • Stomach cramps
  • Hallucinations
  • Irregular blood pressure
  • Severe nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
  • Overactive Reflexes
  • Tremors, Trembling, or Shaking
  • Lightheadedness or Fainting
  • Weakness
Duromine Long Term Side Effects

There are some long term side effects that are possible when someone takes Duromine. The common effect is that there is possibility of dependence on the drug. There have been no studies done to indicate this is possible, but it should be taken with care.

The drug should not be use by individuals who are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant.

Duromine Warnings
Patients with the following conditions should not use Duromine.

• An allergy to ingredients that are usually contained in Duromine.
  • Are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
  • Are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, dietary supplements or herbal preparations
  • Allergic to foods, medicines and other products
  • Have hardening of the arteries, diabetes, high blood pressure, high lipid levels, high cholesterol or spinal or brain disorder.

Duromine Drug Interactions
Duromine may interact with drugs such as Dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, furazolidone, or MAOIs (eg, phenelzine). It can also have a negative reaction to Serotonin specific reuptake inhibitors (eg, fluoxetine). Guanadrel or guanethidine can have their effectiveness reduced because of Duromine.

Dear Sai,

Thanks for the info u shared on Duromine. Actually I was aware of this side effect but I have decided to give myself a try. I suffered a lot for being obese. I feel low confident, ashame, and most of the time I cant fit into any clothing when there some big occasion for me to attend.

I have tried supplements drink, no carbs diet even I have signed up fitness courses but I still cannot slim. Recent months, I go to gym from Monday to Friday 7pm to 9pm for cardio exercise. Saturday and Sunday I have dance classes but I still din shed any weights.

Anyone had used of duromine any manage to get rid of your fats pls give me some advise and let me know where can I get the pills.

Babybret, thanks for ur info… but I got no idea where kg pandan is… however if I cant get any nearer clinic that provide duromine I guess I might just get a cab to kg pandan.. hahaha

QUOTE (chibi_maruko @ Aug 5 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Sai,

[/size]

Thanks for the info u shared on Duromine. Actually I was aware of this side effect but I have decided to give myself a try. I suffered a lot for being obese. I feel low confident, ashame, and most of the time I cant fit into any clothing when there some big occasion for me to attend.

I have tried supplements drink, no carbs diet even I have signed up fitness courses but I still cannot slim. Recent months, I go to gym from Monday to Friday 7pm to 9pm for cardio exercise. Saturday and Sunday I have dance classes but I still din shed any weights.

Anyone had used of duromine any manage to get rid of your fats pls give me some advise and let me know where can I get the pills.

[size="3"]Babybret, thanks for ur info… but I got no idea where kg pandan is… however if I cant get any nearer clinic that provide duromine I guess I might just get a cab to kg pandan.. hahaha

owh.... maybe you can go here...
i ask the doc this evening, he say u can buy it...
this clinic u dont have to do gheck up 1st... u can just buy the duromine...
1box - rm70
clinic zamrud
in sri rampai setapak...
here the address...

49, jln 46 B/26,
tmn sri rampai,
setapak k.l
tel: 03-41437083

good luck..

QUOTE (chibi_maruko @ Aug 5 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Sai,

Hye Chibi..at some point I do agree with u...I've been obese b4 n I understand how u feel. I'd do anything juz to shed tat fat which seems like impossible mission...

I also want to lose weight..
A few years back in Uni I also tried duromine,just for 2 weeks..
and it really worked wonders..BUT..
When i remember my heart beat was so fast
my heart was going to explode out of my chest..
i feel like tak berani nak makan lagi..
hehe

but i Like the RAJIN LIKE A MAD, WHITE RABBIT part..really can work work work haha

QUOTE (PinkFlyButter @ Aug 6 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also want to lose weight..
A few years back in Uni I also tried duromine,just for 2 weeks..
and it really worked wonders..BUT..
When i remember my heart beat was so fast
my heart was going to explode out of my chest..
i feel like tak berani nak makan lagi..
hehe

but i Like the RAJIN LIKE A MAD, WHITE RABBIT part..really can work work work haha

haha... so true... u be like cant sit down....
your leg will keep on running... do some work & be so RAJIN!!
hehehe...

QUOTE (chibi_maruko @ Aug 6 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks you very much Babybret... i love u so much

i just call the clinic and yes they r selling duromine.

i guess i will be goin there on this friday. thanks ya

no problem chibi...
my pleasure! just do anything to help if i can...
awww love u too dear...
smile.gif good luck of reaching your ideal weight...
mmuwah!!!

i went to the clinic yesterday nite, unfortunately Duromine is out of stock. the doctor say no stock bcoz Duromine may hike their prices. So the doctor gave me other medicine that similar to duromine.

i just took a pill this morning.. no much different i can feel. i still have appetite to eat. no suppression on my appetite at all. haih worry

QUOTE (chibi_maruko @ Aug 8 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i went to the clinic yesterday nite, unfortunately Duromine is out of stock. the doctor say no stock bcoz Duromine may hike their prices. So the doctor gave me other medicine that similar to duromine.

i just took a pill this morning.. no much different i can feel. i still have appetite to eat. no suppression on my appetite at all. haih worry

owh... sorry to hear that...
but maybe u could give it a try for a week...
if no much diffrent, u can always go back to the clinic...
cause the clinic sell many thing bout slimming....
i know u can do it... i belive in every women want....
go dont give up so easly chibi....
dont forget to drink alot of plain water kay....
GOOD LUCK!!!!

duromine is a drug for people who are severely obese and should only be used under proper supervision. doctors normally will provide a complete diet and exercise plan along with prescribing duromine. if you're already underweight and taking this, it can be extremely dangerous.

like someone else mentioned, this drug is similar to amphetamines and really shouldn't be taken just to lose a few kgs. there's a reason it's difficult to get!

any doctors or pharmacies that give duromine to anyone should really get their licenses revoked IMO.

Hi,

Please help. I need to lose weight. I put on weight since my bf left me for another girl and finding comfort in food was the only thing that helped. Now I'm 15kgs heavier and so depressed!!! I need to get the old me back. I've been exercising and watching what I eat but nothing!!! I so depressed sometimes I have thoughts about ending my life!.

Has anyone heard of duromine??? Please pleae please tell me where to buy them.
I live in klang. Please help me.

QUOTE (chibi_maruko @ Sep 3 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey i live in klang too.. but i drive all the way to setapak to get the duromine. if u dun mind may be someday we can go together.

unsure.gif I think you should think twice on duromine. I took it when i was in college, 10 years ago. And the side effect is real bad. It really affects our health. My liver function study is real bad. Doctor keep asking me am i an alcoholic or wat? ( i dun drink nor smoke). Taking slimming pills will have bad affect to our liver, and may lead to liver cancer.

No doubt, it's really the fastest way to slim and it's effective. But once we stop, we'll gain weight back, even worst. And even i took back duromine, it won't help much and the doc have to give me another pills which is stronger. I took once and i dun dare to take it anymore. As the side effects is even worst, i feel dizzy, my heart beat very fast and strong, feel like can't breath and keep feeling wanna vomit. sick.gif After the liver checking, i dun dare to take duromine anymore. Then i gain weight, fast and even 10kg more than before i took duromine. And it become very hard for me to get slim down.

I tried a lot of ways, control my eating, exercise, took replacement meal etc etc. still very hard to slim down. And i've been thru a lot of Yo-yo stages thus making even harder to put down weight. Until i tried S.I.Y, it helps me to reduce my weight. Effective, kinda fast also ( i loose 4kg in a month), but without those scary side effect as duromine and no harm to our health.

If you interested, u can pm me.

But truly, i think u should think twice about duromine.

QUOTE (bebybret @ Jul 29 2009, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes it really work.... u can get it in cliniq, which u need to see a doc & ask for it...
of any drug store.... sometimes they just cant sell it on ramdom person.. cause it's a lil bit risky...
there a women die overdose appetite...
i dint take em' ... but most of my family took it...
eg. my mom... she took Duromine.. and after 2month ahe lost nearly 20kg!! but my mom is a really big size... i think it's about 9+kg..
then now after keep on eating Duromine she reach 60kg... which is so so so amaizeng... but! there a but.. u cant eat Duromine too much...
there is side effect like feeling unconfortable, hiper active, cant sleep...
i lost your appetite.. & some time u will become so so so RAJIN... hehehe...
u need to drink alot of plain water.... at lease 2.5litter per day...

have to agree with sai,..
try mate5... i think it's more save then Duromine...

what a encouraging testimony...really ot works...coz i'm afraid that kg might reduces, but the inches have not...so, babe..did ur mum reduce its inches as well? or am i asking stup ques..haha...anyway, i feel like trying it...i understand those side effects, but i couldn't care anymore...=( even u eat maggie oso got side effects wat? lol...erm...usually can get it in pharmacy rite? so, it actually how much? also...saying that ur mom lose 20kg in 2 month..so, beside taking this pills, what else she does? like having balanced meal, exercise..blah..blah...coz i'm dying to lose weight now!! =(

QUOTE (C.H.L.O.E @ Sep 3 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unsure.gif I think you should think twice on duromine. I took it when i was in college, 10 years ago. And the side effect is real bad. It really affects our health. My liver function study is real bad. Doctor keep asking me am i an alcoholic or wat? ( i dun drink nor smoke). Taking slimming pills will have bad affect to our liver, and may lead to liver cancer.

No doubt, it's really the fastest way to slim and it's effective. But once we stop, we'll gain weight back, even worst. And even i took back duromine, it won't help much and the doc have to give me another pills which is stronger. I took once and i dun dare to take it anymore. As the side effects is even worst, i feel dizzy, my heart beat very fast and strong, feel like can't breath and keep feeling wanna vomit. sick.gif After the liver checking, i dun dare to take duromine anymore. Then i gain weight, fast and even 10kg more than before i took duromine. And it become very hard for me to get slim down.

I tried a lot of ways, control my eating, exercise, took replacement meal etc etc. still very hard to slim down. And i've been thru a lot of Yo-yo stages thus making even harder to put down weight. Until i tried S.I.Y, it helps me to reduce my weight. Effective, kinda fast also ( i loose 4kg in a month), but without those scary side effect as duromine and no harm to our health.

If you interested, u can pm me.

But truly, i think u should think twice about duromine.

errrr..my point here is....if u take duromine, ok, after u have success reach ur idea weight, u can stop eating those pills what? and u can maintain it with more balanced and healthy lifestyle like eating balanced meal, attend yoga class, gym or watsoever..cannot? y it is approve to use for those obese and still there is lots of complain? i mean dosen't it being officially approved?

Do anyone know Duromine got a side effect of "CAN'T MANAGE GET BABY for women"?? My friend's mother work at clinic, she told me the doctor said it.. Actually few years ago i took before it very effective, but after i hear this side effect i directly stop it.. Im so scared... Then I go to hospital ask for the this Duromine isn't really have such side effect.. Then the medical doctor said Duromine it is have such side effect but it just tested in animal not human.. Human never test before.. sad.gif

So until now I not dare to take Duromine again although it very effective... sad.gif Edited by ChikoWong

Hi all, I have highlighted the what i see as the important parts as it makes it easier for skimming biggrin.gif

I Started taking 15mg of Duromine 28days ago for 10 days. Before taking Duromine I had slightly high blood pressure (which I've had since I was 5months pregnant with my 23month old) and also didn't eat much at all, maybe one meal a day and sometimes a snack, and my BMI was hanging around 35, sometimes a little up or a little down never lower than 34.77 and never higher than 55.59 and I was seeing a personal trainer once a week and working out at the Gym for at least an hour per day, also walked and played Wii. In 3 months I had lost 1kg dry.gif but did lose 3inches off the biggest around part of my body.

After both my personal trainer and my doctors (depends who can fit me in out of the two docs as to who I see) decided that there was no reason with my current diet and excercise for me to be so obese other than a my motabolism being shot after being pregnant with my babe for 43w2d, I charted my dieting for them so they could see what I was eating & drinking, and also nothing like a thyroid problem or anything, I asked waht could be done and the answer was Duromine, another couple of pills were mentioned but wholdn't do much for me as one was purely a hunger supressant and the other just made you need to "go" as soon as you touched any fatty foods and basically worked as a laxitive, and so I started on 15mg Duromine which I took religously every morning a 7am for the next 10 days. I went back to the doctor that prescribed them and had my blood pressure checked and it was comletely normal like where it should have been not even slightly high just normal shocking.gif but the sad thing was I lost nothing and had NO side effects whats so ever so the next day I started on 40mg Duromine.

Within an hour of taking my first 40mg Duromine I felt a difference. I had energy!! Nothing else really that day but at least I felt different. The next day some side effects started to kick in which the doc said is a good sign as it means that they are at least doing something.
My weight before was between 116.6kgs highest and 113.9kgs lowest and is now 109.6kgs. I am about 6" cant remember exact atm and my BMI is now 33.45. Thats ~5kgs lost in 18days jawdrop.gif .
The side effects I have include;
  • My mouth being dry but I have found that if I drink alot of water when taking my pill it doesn't seem as bad at all and it also says on the information leaflet to take with plenty of water,
  • My body feeling like it doesnt need sleep (I accidently went without sleep for a night cos I lost track of time) but I have no trouble getting to sleep, my body just doesn't feel the NEED to,
  • Forgetting to eat and having no "hunger pains" although the forgetting thing I had before the Duromine I still used to get little niggles or cravings at about 6 or 7pm. I now have a new diet chart so that I remember to eat 6 small meals each day as reccomended by my doctors and personal trainer to help the Duromine kickstart my motabolism.
  • Feeling more alert and energetic which is a good thing as before I would have to have an afternoon nap.
  • And also what I see as the worst (for me) is harder stools and sometimes a couple of days without "going".

Most of the side effects will go as soon as I stop taking the 40mg Duramine but hopefully with making myself eat more often will make my body wake up and remember that it is hungry and also with my body not having to carry as much of me around I should feel naturally more energetic.

With the Duromine the reason people put weight on after stopping is because they worked against the duromine by giving into it and not eating or sleeping as even though the Duromine boosts/kick starts your motabolism if you do not eat you are stopping you motabolism because your body goes into starvation mode and stores anything it can and without sleeping your body has no recovery time as sleeping is when your body repairs itself the most and therefore cannot accept the changes going on within itself.

I almost forgot to add, You can buy Duromine over the internet without prescription although it is ill advised as you really need to see a health care professional to discuss your particular circumstances and choices. There is really no easy way out just a hand to help you along the way.

Well I hope that this helps anyone but remember the effects differ from person to person and this is just my continuing journey on Duromine.