Sign in to follow this  
Crest

Tooth Whitening Products

Hi, all. I have tried numerous things to whiten my teeth like using whitening toothbrush, toothpaste and whitening gel.

I personally have tried the Smartshop's Rapidwhite tooth whitening system but it seemed to be less effective to me. Somemore, I have to keep my mouth open to let the gel oxidise my teeth surface which is extremely troublesome.

Currently, I am using another products called Crest White Strips which is like a plastic strips that you have to stick it to your teeth and wait for 30 mins to remove it. This product is cost-effective to me but Asia and Europe do not sell that products which are kind of pity.

Anyone has tried any other effective tooth whitening product before?

hi,

y dont u add a little bit of soda bicarbonate......that is baking powder. am trying it now and will tell u da results

Yeah, I've heard about using baking powder for tooth whitening. You can get one from the supermarket (I heard the best brand would be Arm & Hammer) and scrub it on your tooth. Don't use too often tho, coz it will scrape your dentin off. Prolly use like once every 2 weeks.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about those machines that use light to whiten teeth.

There are the professional ones that you go to a dental office for or there are the home machines.

Oh, I've heard so much about the Crest White Strips. It's really popular in the States, apparently. Yeah, wonder where you can get them here?

I've no positive reviews, but I used the Colgate gel before. Used it religiously for nearly 2 weeks. Leaves a weird taste in your mouth. Unfortunately, didn't work. I asked me dentist and she said honestly, nothing works except to go for a whitening session with the dentist. You might think it's a marketing gimmick so I will pay her to whiten my teeth...but she herself is selling those whitening gel things like in the market and she claims it doesn't really work lor

i ought to agree with Serendipity08, i tried the colgate one and feel a chilling sensation after applying it...no results was seen and end up after researching throughout the internet, the best and only way is to see a dentist~!

just wonder why would gov't allow this product even to be sell on the shelf

I spoke to my dentist a few days ago and she said the whitening solution sold at local pharmacies sometimes works for certain people. Her clinic does whitening (mould type) and it cost RM600.

Anyone tried Crest strips?

Hmmm,

I have tried Rapid White (as seen on tv) with no visible result. I have bought some sodium bicarbonate but haven't actually tried it...

I spoke to my dentist a few days ago and she said the whitening solution sold at local pharmacies sometimes works for certain people. Her clinic does whitening (mould type) and it cost RM600.

Anyone tried Crest strips?

HI I'm new here. Where's this clinic? I've been calling dentist around KL, so far they've quoted RM1k-1.8k.

I never go to any dental clinic or spent much money on teeth whitening. I just use the mixture of charcoal powder and salt. The old recipes from my grandmother

I never go to any dental clinic or spent much money on teeth whitening. I just use the mixture of charcoal powder and salt. The old recipes from my grandmother

does it work??

actually a lot of ppl are born to have yellowish teeth and no matter what product you use, you can't get rid of it :nono:

Its work on me and my family. I agree with you kayforever, some people born with yellowish teeth and doctors said its strong that the white teeth.

[quote name='Crest' date='14 December 2007 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1197566540' post='468454']
Hi, all. I have tried numerous things to whiten my teeth like using whitening toothbrush, toothpaste and whitening gel.
I personally have tried the Smartshop's Rapidwhite tooth whitening system but it seemed to be less effective to me. Somemore, I have to keep my mouth open to let the gel oxidise my teeth surface which is extremely troublesome.
Currently, I am using another products called Crest White Strips which is like a plastic strips that you have to stick it to your teeth and wait for 30 mins to remove it. This product is cost-effective to me but Asia and Europe do not sell that products which are kind of pity.

Anyone has tried any other effective tooth whitening product before?
[/quote]

Hi there. So how was your experience with the Crest Whitening Strips? Did they work?

i have tried Opalescense Whitenting System, US product recommended by my dentist.
i went to Drs Wong & Partners in Sri Petaling, very professional & attentive. 
She will prescribe depending on my teeth sensitivity, the more sensitive, the milder it should be,
1st treatment , at the clinic for 1 hour treatment, and follow up with take home kit,
I wore an adaptable tray for 30-60minutes for 10days at home. 

Safe & effective, slight stinging because i have sensitive teeth but its normal. 

Found a blog write-up on this