Sign in to follow this  
eliza

Vitamin C injection

I'm doing it, i bought those ampules and get doctor to inject for me and my bf... So far don't feel/see any side effects, but definately my skin become fairer... :)

hey ..my doc is doing for twenty per jab? a rip off or what?? i heard the effect is better with the drip injection cos it distributes to your whole body. are your ampules plain vitamin c or with collagen? anyway the one with Gluthathione is the one that might affect the kidney. cancer patients use it for chemotheraphy..that was what i found from the net. i guess the vitamin c wouldn't have that sort of effects. correct me if i'm wrong. if u guys have some reliable source to share from pls do post...thx

Edited by sonia chin

My one is just vitamin c from Bayer brand and no collagen in it , i forgot the scientific name for it... The ampules is not with me now, the doctor just charge me for RM15 per jap... It's injection, not dripping...

Edited by #ChRiS#

Please read the below article where i found from a webbie long time ago. You can read more comments from there vitamin c injection. Actually i have read this article long time ago. I was lazy to post here when i saw this thread. Since i see many and many girls falling for this quick beauty method i should do some homework to find this article back from the webbie to let you girls decide which is best for for yourself. I believe babes still remember that poor singaporean actress who took some herbal slimming products and lost her liver. People claimed in the beginning that it is just a herbal product, what harm can herbal do right? But fact is she nearly die after taking it. So you judge.

The Vitamin C Injection Fad

posted in - Fraud watch, - Palmdoc |

There’s another fad in town. It’s Vitamin C injection and this is being promoted by beauticians!

I am glad our Director-General of Health has spoken strongly on this subject

While many Malaysians pop a Vitamin C tablet every morning for a host of reasons, others are opting for a syringeful of the diet supplement. Prices range from RM100 for a jab or RM2,700 for a series of ’special’ seven injections that come with the promise of a lighter complexion, anti-ageing benefits and general good health. Some also pay a premium for a cocktail of ingredients that include Vitamin C and other elements, including collagen and placenta.

While most of the suppliers are private medical practitioners, there are also beauticians cashing in. Even some government doctors have got into the act and are peddling the liquid diet supplement to nurses. Some ‘patients’ go for daily jabs, others every two days, once a week or once a fortnight.

But it's not all glowing face and rosy cheeks; there are some very real side effects. They include localised inflammation of the vein, thinning of bones, kidney problems and allergic reactions. While some of the side effects may be temporary and not really serious, there are others which may lead to death.Health director-general Datuk Dr Ismail Merican believes that Vitamin C administered intravenously is of no real benefit to anyone. I strongly believe that women are being duped into parting with their money by some using baseless claims, he said.

He said the perception that Vitamin C helped overall wellness needed to be proved by facts.

Action will be taken against errant doctors if complaints are filed against them.

It is learnt that the intravenous Vitamin C preparation is imported. The intravenous Vitamin C fad began last year when beauty parlours started promoting it on the basis that it did wonders to the skin besides having anti-ageing properties.

The NST also elaborated on this:

Malaysia Dermatology Association president Dr Gangaram Hemandas said claims attached to the Vitamin C injections were exaggerated.

“From a scientific point of view, there is no justification for its use as an intravenous infusion,” he said, adding that the best way to deliver Vitamin C to the skin was applying it as a cream.

Dr Hemandas, the senior consultant and laser surgeon at Kuala Lumpur Hospital, said Vitamin C supplements were for people with low levels of the vitamin.

“As far as aesthetic purposes are concerned, Vitamin C does not reach the skin in significant amounts to be effective.

“I really don't know who started the whole story with these baseless claims.”

He said the association had written to the Health Ministry and the National Pharmaceutical Bureau on the issue.

“We are against this practice because the product is not registered, the intake has side-effects and consumers are being duped into believing claims which are baseless.”

Malaysian Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery protem committee secretary Dr Ruban Satkuna Nathan said he had been asked for such injections by guest relation officers and entertainers.

“Many are willing to pay any amount.”

Willing buyer, willing provider. That’s the sad state of affairs today, where there are some doctors willing to administer injections for these gullible people (for a fee of course).

Legal adviser Liza Ibrahim, 30, is happy that she did not fall for the scam although she admits to being interested when friends told her about the “wonder” injection.

“I was curious and went to several beauty parlours in the Klang Valley to make enquiries and found at least five selling the product.

“One beautician said she could inject the drug while others told me that I should visit several doctors who provided the service.”

Worse still are the beauticians who administer injections. Where’s the enforcement?

Links:

Emedicine: Cosmeceuticals

The use of cosmeceuticals has drastically risen in recent years. This significantly increases the armamentarium of the clinician in improving the treatment of skin conditions. However, at times, claims of effectiveness lack convincing evidence, thus the industry is challenged to provide convincing evidence of the effectiveness of these compounds.

PDRHealth: Vitamin C

This link has comprehensive information on ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

The MMR Says:

1) The best source of vitamins, including vitamin C, are a good helping of fruits and veg. This is truly natural. Anything that comes in a pill, capsule, bottle or injection is no longer natural.

2) More is not necessarily better. It may be harmful.

3) The main effect of expensive Vitamin C injections will be an increased production of expensive urine (Vitamin C is water soluble and is excreted in the urine)

I hope this help :)

Edited by smileyc240

To all Guys and Gals out there, I am the supplier and user or the most talked about Vitamin C injection which improves skin complexion, whitening, prevents scurvy and sinus, maintain collagen, improves skin complexion, replenish lost collagen and increase elasticity, aids in skin whitening. Not all clinics in Klang Valley have or provide this kind service. Some clinics may charge u higher range between RM 80 to RM 100.

However the normal price per jab are range between RM 50 to 70 ( depends ) but this only for Vitamin C including the jab service by qualified doctor. To get the better results i suggest that you go for 2 in 1 ampule which contains Vitamin C and Collagen. The cost is RM 1000 ringgit that consists of 10 ampules including the jab services by the qualified doctor OR you may go fo RM xxx for the 10 ampules and per visit of RM 10 to RM 15 for the jap service.

The ampule is 100% genuine by Roche. Laroscorbine Platinium. It is proven that only one jab of this ampule, your friend can see slighlty different of your face complexion.

Chris, how long does the result last ?

Hard to answer you this question coz i'm doing it once a week as my friend told... :)

hey peeps i'm back with my updated progress of the vit-c jab. so far so good. this wed will be my fourth jab. for now the acne on my back are gone. and complexion is way to better and fairer than before. :wub: just loving the results.

Chris,

How long has you been doing? How many times you have done?

I'm doing this more than half a year already... Hard to count how many times, just once a week, sometimes my bf will join me and go for jap together... Guy also wanna looks great... :lol:

oh right..the doctor offered me whithening pills as well...rm130/month..can be taken daily improves comlexion and glow effect hesaid..any of u tried it?

Hey Guys,

This vitamin c jabs a really good and all but i just want to put in a reminder, make sure you get your jabs from qualified doctors cause i'v heard of some pretty scary stories about people that have taken their jabs from non-professionals.

ChRiS.. can u tell us wea u inject for the vitamin c??

I bought the vitamin c ampoules from my friend and go to a clinic which near my place in Cheras to get injected... Basically all doctor know how to do injection right... :P

heard tat vit c injection will cause kidney,liver failure... how true is that?

nvm.. jus saw the post on pg1 >.<

Edited by blushger

i heard that vitamin c supplement is good for acne prone skin...is it true??if it is true can somebody recommend me some brand which 1 good??is there any side effect after consuming it??pls advice ...thanks

hi winnie,vitamin skin if good for skin because it have antioxidant to prevent a lot of infection.Its also have skin whitening effect if you consuming it consistently.but its didnt mention will good for acne prone.the better way still using skin care to prevent breakout.try to find something that suit for your skin.

Hi.. long term consumption of Vitamin C tablets will cause kidney problem. Some research even shown it will impairs the ovarian and uterine functions. For acne prone skin, you can try with vitamin C serum, apply on your skin instead of consuming it :)

Hope this can helps.

Maybe vitamin c for acne prone skin, results can be seen quicker by vitamin c jabs, not so much by vitamin c capsules.

mummy vogue,do u still supply vitamin c injections for its whitening effect.can i contact u to get it. i'm medium brown and i never had a problem with my colour till an idiot told me i need to drink belach.....now i'm so concerned about my colour....does it really work.....how much does it cost?