Sign in to follow this  
wanyuan

will sunblock do harm to our skin??

i heard from a friend of mine that using too much sunblock is bad for our skin... is it true?

cause i am using whitening with spf in da morning , afternoon and even at nightx.....

my friend even said that we must use cleansing emulsion after we apply sunblock.. is it true??

i am totally clueless....

if it is stated that a whitening cream contain uv protection it means that da whitening cream containx sunblock???

how about da whitening cream with spf 15?? it meanx that it containx sunblock right??

do you guyx apply sunblock in da afternoon?? i mean in your house...

cause according to an article, even if we were in our house we are actually exposed to uva and uvb rayx too... and do you guyx apply sunblock once every 2 hourx??

HELP ME PLEASE... i am utterly CLUELESS....

I apply sunblock daily before i went out. Its a must in my skin regimen early in the morning. Sunblock actually helps face from harmful rays, eventho not 100%, yet i believe that it can reduce damage to the skin. most damage and skin problem occurs due to excessive exposure to sun. Therefore i think important to wear sunblock. However, which spf require depends on how max you gonna expose yourself in ur daily routine. Without sunblock, i guess you can encounter premature aging very fast and it might dehydrates your skin. Best way is to protect. For whitening im not so sure, depends on what whitening products you use, you might have different reaction to your skin. Different people have different skin and can adapt to different skincare. However, the basic is still the same. Cleanse, tone, moisturise and protect =)

hmm.. there is once a star saying that she will apply sunblock everytime she usex comp....

do you guyx think its necessary??

cause i am using comp every night and i do apply whitening cream with spf 15.....(is this sunblock??)

i heard from a friend of mine that using too much sunblock is bad for our skin... is it true?

cause i am using whitening with spf in da morning , afternoon and even at nightx.....

my friend even said that we must use cleansing emulsion after we apply sunblock.. is it true??

i am totally clueless....

if it is stated that a whitening cream contain uv protection it means that da whitening cream containx sunblock???

how about da whitening cream with spf 15?? it meanx that it containx sunblock right??

do you guyx apply sunblock in da afternoon?? i mean in your house...

cause according to an article, even if we were in our house we are actually exposed to uva and uvb rayx too... and do you guyx apply sunblock once every 2 hourx??

HELP ME PLEASE... i am utterly CLUELESS....

i dont wear sunblock every day coz it contains lots of chemicals....

i saw ur other posts.i think ur too young to be using eye cream. i read in a beauty mag ur only supposed to wear when u reach 25...

u wear sunblock every day since ur 12???0_o

Edited by quinieleong

I don't agree that after 25 then only we should apply sunblock and eye cream!

There are no age limit for when we should apply this stuffs, if it so, then you are making mistake to use that to treat your skin problems!

You must understand that skincare products is produce in the mean of "care" or other word "prevention", just like when you already have wrinkles, you immediately go and buy antiwrinkles product, it's definitely too late as skincare products wont have such effects to treat wrinkles, they merely control and prevent it to become more serious!

So, we should have the habit to apply sunblock and eyecream since young, but just have to remember to choose products which suit your age and skin!!!

a skincare brand, sothys if not mistaken, stated that we should allow some sun exposure to our skin everyday or else our skin ability to protect and regenerate itself will weaken....

some sun exposure about 8:00-8:30 am is good.

yeah i agree we should take care of our skin since young.

i think sunblock is essential but we shouldnt go to extremes like applying it every 2 hours daily. after all, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. eg drinking too much water is bad for health.

because of the chemicals in sunscreens, they cant be used on toddlers 6 months below. i have sensitive skin, so i apply sunscreen only if i were exposed to the afternoon sun for like 1o minutes above.

and u misunderstand me. i didnt say we should only apply sunblock after 25 years...;P

no hard feelings

No sunblock does not damage skin, most sunblock has stuff that would make your skin smoother these days. Some beauty products also contain the Titanium Oxide that is used in sunblock to stop UV damage of skin but they're beauty products & will do suff like make skin smoother and their main function is not to block UV.

Last year L'Oreal hv a talk at my school.(but it's not a beauty talk).The talk is about an activity they organized.

But in the talk,she briefly talk about a product,Vichy. And she also mention that we should use beauty products contain UV or sunblock in our age.(20+).

It is important to protect our skin from young.

No, sunblock will help us to prevent sunburn and also protect the top layer of our skin and keep it moisturized. Eg for face, you apply your face toner then apply your moisturizer then follow by sunblock. Not forgetting to apply the sunblock on your arms and also leg area if its going to be exposed under the hot sun.

These days the sun is really very hot so do not leave home without applying your sunblock.

bellrin8880@hotmail.com