Sign in to follow this  
brendon

Makan Places Around Sungei Wang

Hi All,

Is there any good local crusines around the above mentioned area in KL? The problem I feel I will encounter is the ordering, I understand that most roadside stalls speaks Cantonese, I understand but cant really speak that well... haha you can consider my Cantonese as broken in bits and pieces. So ordering is probably a problem...

Do most stalls tout?

if they cant speak in english

u can speak in mandarin

i think most of them (99%) can speak mandarin

and remember to check the price 1st before u order

or else some conscienceless hawkers will hike up the price if they know u r a tourist

and becareful to the taxi drivers if u intend to catch a taxi

i had bad experiences b4, taxi drivers are the bad ppl who like to cheat ppl 1 :mumbling:

Hi Khim,

Thanks for your guidiance. Haha will converse in Mandarin then... I always ask for the price before ordering. Apart from Kim Gary Wert as what jaylachin mentioned is there any other good places worth to eat at?

I will be driving up so taxi generally should be no issues. But just curious don't we ask for the cab fare first before boarding? If we are not happy with the price we can don't board right?

But just curious don't we ask for the cab fare first before boarding? If we are not happy with the price we can don't board right?

Generally, yes, but they are lots of crazy cab drivers, believe me, you don't want to hear about the horror stories. :rolleyes:

As for makan place, what kinda food are you looking for?

Generally, yes, but they are lots of crazy cab drivers, believe me, you don't want to hear about the horror stories. :rolleyes:

As for makan place, what kinda food are you looking for?

Well seafood and chinese crusines would be preferred... but heck I eat almost anything as long as its nice.... :D

Edited by brendon

hmmm... near sentosa hospital has a old old shop.... selling hokkien mee... very nice.... they are still using charcoal to fry!!! in front of it is a monorail railway... juz very near to grand season... eventhough is at the side of the road... but itz nice!! only available for supper!!!

u can go to Starhill ( Gonbei japanese restaurant), ( MYthai restuarant), there are many restaurants there..

crystal jade la mian restaurant @ LOT10 or you could try Shanghai10 @ Sg.wang.

both serves laimian and famous for xiao long bao(shanghai dumplings..yumm)

Hong Kong Food Culture in LowYat Plaza!

the restaurant is owned by a real Hong Kong citizen. so don't wory bout the authenticity of Hong Kong food.

the hand-made wantan mee is super delicious. duck noodles too.

for drinks, their iced lemonade is refreshing! really give alot of lemon slices but doesn't taste very sour at all.

Edited by VanillaGirl

Walk to Jalan Tungkat Tungshin which is behind Jalan Alor. Walk from federal hotel there.

Look for this Meng Kee or something like that Char Siu Fan ;)

Nice but a little pricey though. One of the best char siu ever.