Sign in to follow this  
rebecca

Working in UK / Aus

Hey babes, i am findings some information on working in UK ans Aus, any babes here can help me??

Thanks..

i work in sydney....feel free to post any questions you may have and i'll try my best to help! :)

similar in australia u can work a maximum of 20 hrs but you will need to apply for work permissionon top of your student visa.

i work in sydney....feel free to post any questions you may have and i'll try my best to help! :)

Abt work prospect and accomodation.

What kind of job u work at sydney? Is that easily to find job?

Abt work prospect and accomodation.

Rebecca,

I work in the UK but it is difficult to answer as you haven't specified what kind of job you are looking for. Every industry is different. I work in the construction industry which is very robust at the moment especially after we won the bid to host the Olympics. The recruitment agencies are always ringing me. :lol:

What kind of job u work at sydney? Is that easily to find job?

I'm a Marketing Manager for a shopping centre. Employed by a company called Jones Lang Lasalle therefore I am able to transfer to various other centres they manage and also offices overseas.

Its not that easy and not that hard to find a job. Honestly its all about luck.

I studied here and after I graduated I obtained a job with a real estate agent in 2 weeks. At the end of the day persistence pays off.

However, if you will be coming here with M'sian work experience that will be very very tough unless you are in the IT line.

In terms of accommodation...be prepared to pay abt $200 a week on rent, food the cheapest you'll find is abt $8 per plate without a drink. The pay isn't all that fantastic....again dependent on luck.

Starting out pays can range from $30k - $50k per year dependent on ur industry.

Having said that....Sydney is much more expensive and I would recommend starting off in Melb/Perth.

Well, Ill be going to melb for my final year. Think Ill be able to get a job there after I grad? (If i wanna that is)

The thing is i've heard that a pr requires 2 years right? Possible to get a working permit?

Also, what kinda jobs do students usually take up as part time?

Sorry for using this thread but it seems pointless to start a new one.

Thanks in advance peeps

hey, i'm going to graduate next year, can i know how to apply job in aus?

where are you studying at the moment?

Well, Ill be going to melb for my final year. Think Ill be able to get a job there after I grad? (If i wanna that is)

The thing is i've heard that a pr requires 2 years right? Possible to get a working permit?

Also, what kinda jobs do students usually take up as part time?

Sorry for using this thread but it seems pointless to start a new one.

Thanks in advance peeps

it is highly dependent on what line you are in.

in order to obtain residency you have to fulfill the minimum allocated points. you get more points if you are an accountant, doctor and in specialized fields. unfortunately marketing grads like me find it exceptionally hard to have their residency approved.

With your question about PR....when you are granted residency it is for 5 years. You need to accumulate 2 years within that 5 years in order to renew for another 5 years. Once you are a resident you basically are like a citizen...only drawback or rather advantage is that you are not required to vote and you do not get to go on the dole. (money paid when someone is unemployed)

students who work casually generally take up jobs as Sales Assistants or Waiters/waitresses. Time flexible and the money is generally ok.

hope this has helped!

wat i can says is, tht is really fun when u work in UK.....but too bad, nowdays really hard to apply get into UK....even u been working more than 2 yrs in UK before,....

where are you studying at the moment?

actually i'm studying in MMU cyberjaya majoring in media innovation entrepreneurship, really want to work somewhere outside malaysia, so basicly what is first thing to do after i graduated?

Depends on what you are interested in. Media/advertising?

Ask your tutors for advice. If they know a lot of overseas people in your chosen field and can introduce you, great :D

I would look into the companies you are interested to work for. It does take a lot of efforts.

Simple way to put it..

First thing you do is get the job. Then the work visa.

If the company you are hired for is a big company, they help you get the visa.

Small company, you need a letter from them saying you are employed to work for them for xxx years and that you have enough money to last till paycheck and legit worker and wont be an illegal immigrant.

Probably out of date advice since I left UK 5 years ago. Things have changed since 9/11. They are getting stricter.

( the nasty way would be, marry a kwai lo, migrate there as his wife, get a permanent resident status, get the job you want, divorce him ! )

actually i'm studying in MMU cyberjaya majoring in media innovation entrepreneurship, really want to work somewhere outside malaysia, so basicly what is first thing to do after i graduated?

are you in a twinning program?

unfortunately it will be extremely difficult if you are a local m'sian grad trying to obtain work in australia. as it is aussie grads (from m'sia) are not able to get residency. it is relatively tough!

i would suggest that perhaps you start out in singapore for at least 2 years then try your luck here.

unless of course you are in the mainstream IT line which australia seems to be lacking.

good luck :)