Sign in to follow this  
centaur

Veterinarian: Dr. Centaur

Thanks a lot for all the infor you provided...

2 last question :rolleyes: , do I need to deworm my puppy every 2 weeks? This is recommended by the pet shop.

Also do i need to feed my puppy with pipe water or cooked 1?

Thank you!

How often you deworm your dog depends on how much exposure your pet to worms. Nevertheless I think the pet shop suggestion is too frequent. Even though there is no harm in giving your dog de-worming pill (because it is not absorb in the intestine); every 2 weeks in unnecessary. If your dog has high exposure to worms (free roamer, garbage eater), then you may give every 2 weeks.

But a reasonable home pet dog, living outdoor; every once a one month will do.

If your dog lives indoor, eat home/pet food and no contact with other dogs there isn't need to deworm your dog. Just regular heart worm medication will take care most of the worm problem.

Most likely the pet shop is trying to scare you and make a quick profit out of it. Jesus.... every 2 weeks. :doh:

My puppy is kept in cage, outdoor. Will let him out in our garden twice per day. However he's curious and likes to sniff. He put watever things inside his mouth, but will he will just play using mouth if it is not eat-able. That's the reason i'm quite worried bout worms in his stomach.

U forgot to answer my last question : -Also do i need to feed my puppy with pipe water or cooked 1?

Hehe, thanks

Edited by *Jess*

My Shih Tzu has had skin problem. I cannot identify the cause. Small red dots. I cannot see anything biting her. One vet said she is bored, then said maybe mites are biting her which could have come from the cats we have. Or is it just fungal? What do I do?

My puppy is kept in cage, outdoor. Will let him out in our garden twice per day. However he's curious and likes to sniff. He put watever things inside his mouth, but will he will just play using mouth if it is not eat-able. That's the reason i'm quite worried bout worms in his stomach.

U forgot to answer my last question : -Also do i need to feed my puppy with pipe water or cooked 1?

Hehe, thanks

Boil water is the best. Unknown to many, our pipe water are high in quality and achieve the standard set by WHO. Therefore it is good enough to be drink from pipe water.

Edited by centaur

My Shih Tzu has had skin problem. I cannot identify the cause. Small red dots. I cannot see anything biting her. One vet said she is bored, then said maybe mites are biting her which could have come from the cats we have. Or is it just fungal? What do I do?

OK.. I will start with the basics. How long has the condition persist? When do you first notice it? What medication have you tried? Any smell? Please describe the red dots as i can't see your pet.

Just to explain a bit. Mite are microscopic. You can't see it with naked eyes. Tick and flea is what is normally seen.

Edited by centaur

Can i feed my dog (7weeks) some fruits as treats? What fruits r suitable?

Thank you!

As puppy is just 7 weeks old, it has just begin to eat solid food. I see no harm in it. Give him/her something soft like papaya or bananas. Fruits that are hard must be cut into small pieces (apple, jambu). Puppy can be choosy at times. Don't force if doesn't he/she like that particular fruit you are feeding.

Fruits shouldn't be given as complete meal. It is a just a treat or dessert after meal.

my cat had a sudden miscarriage yesterday. we weren't even aware that she was pregnant.. any idea what happened to cause such incident? the baby was extremely extremely tiny ^_^

my cat had a sudden miscarriage yesterday. we weren't even aware that she was pregnant.. any idea what happened to cause such incident? the baby was extremely extremely tiny ^_^

I think it is not the right time to find out why it happen at this moment. More importantly what must be done. Now.

1) You need to know how many fetus are there and if all are aborted. Sometime it is just one that are aborted and not all. there are a chance to save those that are not aborted.

2)If all are aborted, must make sure everything is out. If there are some placenta that are still left inside, it may caused infection. Septicemia can caused death.

I think the best option is to go to a vet to have it examine. Best is to go to a vet with ultrasound. Don't delay.

The caused of abortion can be divided into infectious and non-infectious. Infectious can be due to bacteria, virus and others. Non infectious can be trauma, nutrition, fertility of the cat and other causes. To answer them, it is best to have your cat examine by vet with proper equipment. Advice via internet is inadequate. ok?

Edited by centaur

err.. i don't quite understand your question. 8) So what about eggs???

Anyway.. it is a simple question so I will give simple answer. Eggs are ok for dogs. It is full of amino acids(protein), vitamin and other awesome good stuff. :thumbup1:

lol thats wat i meant. she actually love eggs with rice. just wanna know is it ok to feed em eggs for meal, but definately not overdose.

now the pups hav opened theirs eyes and can walkrun actively. we sometimes feed em different type of milk too. (those human drinking er.. oatmilk.) they love it!

I think it is not the right time to find out why it happen at this moment. More importantly what must be done. Now.

1) You need to know how many fetus are there and if all are aborted. Sometime it is just one that are aborted and not all. there are a chance to save those that are not aborted.

2)If all are aborted, must make sure everything is out. If there are some placenta that are still left inside, it may caused infection. Septicemia can caused death.

I think the best option is to go to a vet to have it examine. Best is to go to a vet with ultrasound. Don't delay.

The caused of abortion can be divided into infectious and non-infectious. Infectious can be due to bacteria, virus and others. Non infectious can be trauma, nutrition, fertility of the cat and other causes. To answer them, it is best to have your cat examine by vet with proper equipment. Advice via internet is inadequate. ok?

ok thanks a bunch!!!

My dog is having skin disease. I took him to the vet but he advise me to bring him there weekly to take injection. It's the fourth or fifth week already. Is it okay for my dog to take injection weekly? The vet told me that he's getting one type of skin disease and i think i heard it's mange which has parasites under the skin. Is it advisable for me to bring him to take inejction weekly?

My dog is having skin disease. I took him to the vet but he advise me to bring him there weekly to take injection. It's the fourth or fifth week already. Is it okay for my dog to take injection weekly? The vet told me that he's getting one type of skin disease and i think i heard it's mange which has parasites under the skin. Is it advisable for me to bring him to take inejction weekly?

Mange is caused by parasites infection. There is two type of mange; demodex and sarcoptic. The first sign of mange is extreme itch, wound caused by self mutilation, raw wound, balding and smell. The odor is peculiar with mange.

I suspect your vet is giving your dog ivermectin. They are effective against mange. You may follow what your vet advice however I prefer topical treatment. This alternate method is to have your dog clipped (cut bald ) and bath it with Amitraz. This is my prefer method because it is cheaper and you can monitor the situation. Ask your vet about this method.

Amitraz is a powerful shampoo that kills parasites. Therefore please pay attention to read all instructions and mix your solution correctly. Bath your dogs throughly and avoid all mucous area (eyes, nose, mouth, ears, genital). Pay attention to areas like in between paws area. Don't let your dog to lick the shampoo. Follow all instruction in the label.

I find this method very effective. Furthermore it is topical application without need for injection.

Hi, wat is the average weight for a 9+ week golden retriever? Currently, my pup is bout 5kg.

Thank you.

Edited by *Jess*

Hi, wat is the average weight for a 9+ week golden retriever? Currently, my pup is bout 5kg.

Thank you.

I think your doggy is growing well. Good job.

btw, do u know when is the best time for us to feed em different milk and food already? after a month?

First time mum. Congrats.

Well you can start weaning anytime after one month old. Start by encouraging your puppy to eat solid food by putting it at the side. Something soft and good smell helps.Your puppy may play with it first and not really eat it. You can try coaxing by putting the food in your hand. Usually a puppy will be weaned by 8-12 weeks old depending on breed.

thanks! its not really first time but the last few times happened quite many years ago and we dont remember how anymore! anyway thanks. it helps.

Hi Centaur,

Seek your advise urgently. I've just posted a new topic about my head tilt rabbit. The VET told me that my rabbit got it from ear infection and has given him antibiotic since yesterday. The problem now is that my rabbit is still very weak and hardly can move. Any idea this can be cured within a certain period ? Seems that the VET is not giving me a high hope. I can't afford to lose my rabbit. :crybaby: Pls help me ! thx !

now my dog is not eating and puking liquid. this is the 3rd day. i'll take him to the vet later.

Edited by JenniJane

Hi there,

I have Shih Tzu (4 years old). He has quite severe skin problems. I was told that he has Hotspot and excessive dandruff too as a result. I have tried from vet, skin products until changing his diet. He will react well to those treatment for a while but it will come back again. For now, I have to put him on medication daily (once off, his red and itchy will come back again too) as it is pitiful to see him scratching whole day long. But I think to put him on medication for long term will be not doing good for his health. But I have lost all the ideas how to deal with this. I would prefer something like herbal or more naturopathy ways of curing him rather than put him on medication.

Many thanks!