Sign in to follow this  
Wayuki

Clothing sizes in Malaysia

I will be moving to Malaysia in about two months, and I'm very curious about the clothing sizes. I'm originally from Europe, and from what I've read European clothes are much bigger than Asian clothes. By European standards I'm pretty small (usually a size S for tops and a size M for bottoms), but I'm a little worried that I might be too tall and/or curvy for Malaysian clothes. :blink:

My measurements are 34D-26-37 and I'm 5'7'' tall. How easy/difficult do you think it would be for me to find cute, fashionable clothes in Malaysia? Should I consider stocking up on clothes here in Europe before I go?

Thanks in advance! :)

You will not have much problems if you live in Kuala Lumpur, they carry UK brands like Topshop, Selfridges and there's Debenhams and other brands like Cotton On and Forever21 and many more :D<br>

[quote name='thenaqiyahishaaq' date='16 May 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1274001567' post='583338']
You will not have much problems if you live in Kuala Lumpur, they carry UK brands like Topshop, Selfridges and there's Debenhams and other brands like Cotton On and Forever21 and many more [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]<br>
[/quote]

Yeah true that. Topshop is my favorite followed by MNG, Zara, Pull & Bear, promod. I could only wear UK/European sizes as they carry size 10-14 (although they dont come cheap). RM39 for a piece of plain tank top. A dress could cost you between RM150-300 a piece from Topshop.

Anyway dont stock up on winter clothes - you wont need them cuz it's almost summer all year round (the hottest months are Feb - April). Maybe just a few jackets for the rainy season bu that's about it.

About your size: perhaps you will find abit hard to fit in those cheap and pretty free-size dresses. My bust is 82cm and I couldnt fit in. Even if I could, it will be too short for me (I'm 5'4").

I think the best kind of clothings to bring are (for everyday wear): tshirts, short pants, jeans, sandals/thongs, tank top. If your shoe size is UK6 and above - you wont have much choice here though in terms of style vs price :-). Clarks cost as much as RM300 per pair. Campers around RM500 above.

think there should be not much problem in KL as most major departmental stores should cater for plus size people. Just ask the sales people whom I am sure will gladly help.

Good Luck