Sign in to follow this  
Tames

Selection of Products for Sensitive Skin

Hello girls,

First of all, I would like to share my skin condition. I have reddish and sensitive skin, it easily goes super red during warm weather. Besides that, my skin is very oily as well. Actually, I have only recently found out that I have sensitive skin. Whenever I try a product that is unsuitable, my face will turn red. Plus I have dehydrated skin.

So, I have decided to get all natural products now. As natural & gentle as possible, but yet effective. These are the items that I have decided to get. It's unconfirmed yet as I need opinions from you girls.

Cleanser - Most probably Cetaphil (Gentle/Natural type ?) or Himalaya range (Is this suitable ?)
Toner - I seriously have no idea which to get, is there a natural and effective matte type of toner ?

For moisturizer, I'm planning to get those with hydration action. Wanted to get Origins Drink Up at first, but it's kinda out of my budget. Is there any other alternative ?

Furthermore, am planning to buy aloe vera gel to apply to my face at night as mask to heal my skin because it's seriously damage. On top of that, will get a bottle of Avene Thermal Spring Water for on the go moiturization. As for my whiteheads, I heard that Epsom Salt works wonders but how often should I apply it ?

Please do add in ANY opinion that you girls would like to share as I really am clueless. Thanks.

QUOTE (Tames @ Oct 15 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello girls,

First of all, I would like to share my skin condition. I have reddish and sensitive skin, it easily goes super red during warm weather. Besides that, my skin is very oily as well. Actually, I have only recently found out that I have sensitive skin. Whenever I try a product that is unsuitable, my face will turn red. Plus I have dehydrated skin.

So, I have decided to get all natural products now. As natural & gentle as possible, but yet effective. These are the items that I have decided to get. It's unconfirmed yet as I need opinions from you girls.

Cleanser - Most probably Cetaphil (Gentle/Natural type ?) or Himalaya range (Is this suitable ?)
Toner - I seriously have no idea which to get, is there a natural and effective matte type of toner ?

For moisturizer, I'm planning to get those with hydration action. Wanted to get Origins Drink Up at first, but it's kinda out of my budget. Is there any other alternative ?

Furthermore, am planning to buy aloe vera gel to apply to my face at night as mask to heal my skin because it's seriously damage. On top of that, will get a bottle of Avene Thermal Spring Water for on the go moiturization. As for my whiteheads, I heard that Epsom Salt works wonders but how often should I apply it ?

Please do add in ANY opinion that you girls would like to share as I really am clueless. Thanks.

i'm having same problems with your..(but only slightly oily on nose & chin)..
sensitive: redness & dry +tight after shower + itchy!!! Never happen before too..

Free & easy to solve the redness when shower: DO NOT USE TOO HOT WATER

cleanser: choose milk type (i use Assata Cleansing Milk: quite ok)
Toner: Assata Ultra Calming Essense
moistoriser: hunting & try a lot, finally i found one very good but expensive: Ericson Laboratiore (Hydra-intensive skin transfer system)- (i try the day cream-free sample pack, it is really good & plan to buy but expensive)
Sensitive skin controller: dun hv name, bought at salon + dermedex repairing cream- recommend to itchy & redness skin to control it
scrub: origins scrub
mask:
i've got free sample from origins:
Drink up intensive: i found i'm get red after use, not really moisturize actually
Dr Andrew Plantidoteā„¢ Mega-Mushroom Skin-Calming Face Mask: slightly warm while apply especially on pimple area
Make up remover: biotherm (eye only) Purederm Makeup remover cleansing tissue (recommended: this is good won't dry my skin)

Few days agao, I called Malaysia Ericson Laboratiore, located at Jaya33
they mentioned now having promotion where only spend RM560 (original: RM630) for the product which contain(hydrate system):
1) cleanser
2) day cream
3) night cream
4) mask
I'm not sure how many ml each, you can call and ask them if interested
Normal price i got from them
1) day cream- RM280
2) night cream-RM320
3) mask- RM290

and found from web where 50% cheaper from retail: http://www.mysimplifieds.com/ericsson-labo...assifieds-11452

QUOTE (Tames @ Oct 15 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello girls,

i'm having same problems with your..(but only slightly oily on nose & chin)..
sensitive: redness & dry +tight after shower + itchy!!! Never happen before too..

Free & easy to solve the redness when shower: DO NOT USE TOO HOT WATER

cleanser: choose milk type (i use Assata Cleansing Milk: quite ok)
Toner: Assata Ultra Calming Essense
moistoriser: hunting & try a lot, finally i found one very good but expensive: Ericson Laboratiore (Hydra-intensive skin transfer system)- (i try the day cream-free sample pack, it is really good & plan to buy but expensive)
Sensitive skin controller: dun hv name, bought at salon + dermedex repairing cream- recommend to itchy & redness skin to control it
scrub: origins scrub
mask:
i've got free sample from origins:
Drink up intensive: i found i'm get red after use, not really moisturize actually
Dr Andrew Plantidoteā„¢ Mega-Mushroom Skin-Calming Face Mask: slightly warm while apply especially on pimple area
Make up remover: biotherm (eye only) Purederm Makeup remover cleansing tissue (recommended: this is good won't dry my skin)

Few days agao, I called Malaysia Ericson Laboratiore, located at Jaya33
they mentioned now having promotion where only spend RM560 (original: RM630) for the product which contain(hydrate system):
1) cleanser
2) day cream
3) night cream
4) mask
I'm not sure how many ml each, you can call and ask them if interested
Normal price i got from them
1) day cream- RM280
2) night cream-RM320
3) mask- RM290

and found from web where 50% cheaper from retail: http://www.mysimplifieds.com/ericsson-labo...assifieds-11452

Hi! I too have sensitive skin and it always has a reaction if i'm not careful.

So i decided to visit a Dermatologist last year but I have stopped visiting her.haha..

She told me to use Cetaphil as it is a gentle cleanser. It works for all skin type and I find it great for my sensitive skin.
Moisturizer i use Simple, recommended by my mother and it is really effective! I don't really use toner cause I am afraid I would get a reaction (phobia from my previous skin allergies)
However, the Dermatologist told me that we should not use so much products on our skin as it will only harm it and reduce its protective layer!

After so many encounters with skin allergies(cause i have itchy hands and tend to use one after another) I really did stopped using all products at once.
What I do is, cleanse with Cetalphil in the morning n night.
Moisturize not everyday but alternate days and only once in a day. Toner i rarely use it but i guess once a week would do no harm.
Sometimes I use Aloe Vera, like pure aloe vera ( can be bought in guardian) to soothen the skin and reduce redness(due to my dry skin) and it is the perfect solution! My skin seems to be fine now and nothing bad happens anymore.

OH yeah. if you want to, there is this Seahorse pills which helps to clean the blood and (from my experience reduced pimples!) in a drugstore near Atria. It is located either around or next to Maybank and you can't miss it, cause it's the only drugstore there. If i'm not mistaken, it is a chinese traditional store. (can't remember where cause my mother is the one that buys it for me) Take it once a day and you can see improvement in your skin! No side effects!
(I feel kind of mean when I take those pills, poor seahorse *sniff)

Whatever you are using, just don't use it all at once cause skin is very fragile! smile.gif

I hope this helped you.