Sign in to follow this  
Blushberry

Carven Ong Academy VS Raffles Design Institute

Hey all.. I wanna take up a Fashion Design course.. but I am not sure which fashion school I should be going to... :(

Carven Ong Academy or Raffles Design Institute?

Any other suggestions other than the two above is welcomed..

(I am english speaking.. I am quite worried bout those unis that use Mandarin as the teaching language..)

Help me out ya peepz!!!

Thanks alot!!

hey, i just happened to come across this forum and found your question..

well in my opinion, Raffles design institute is a better institute to go to if ur interested in

fashion design studies because

- Its an establish and well recognized fashion college with over 25 networks around Asia ( that means an option to transfer to any of em anytime =D)

- we have great facilities, although not complete but we have every single fashion facilities available u name it!

- the place is small and the people are great! makes you feel at home all the time

- Lecturers here are professional and all of em have vast experience in the industry, for all i know raffles admin wont simply hire anyone, thats for sure

- 20minutes walk, 5 minutes drive from KLCC , 10 minutes walk away from Ampang park and Ampang LRT.

- The majority of the students are local but there are quite a number of foreign students mostly from Indonesia

- You'll get to learn different culture and lifestyles of the foreign students (trust me u'll learn to love mixing with foreigner)

- Students here are very competitive that makes u keep going and doing good.

- And lastly, everything here will be conducted in english, worry noT!!

honestly i haven't heard much about Carven Ong

so i cant critic or comment anything about that academy,

just giving my point of view of my college.

btw I'm not a fashion student, im a graphic design student

i hope i've helped you in choosing your career path.. CHEERS!

Hi blush berry

one of my fren's bro studied in raffles design...now workin in spore as fashion designer...guess this institute is better.

Edited by dorlisa

Raffles Design Institute!

Cause I studied there. Opt for the Singapore branch, they have better education philosopy there. And experience lecturers. If you're doing Fashion Design, Joe would be in great help to you!