Sign in to follow this  
gerberapark

Will you buy a dress online?

Hi! Just my two cents here. :D

Actually many blogshops nowadays offer really good services and good quality clothing! Many of them is the same as those fashion boutique you all see in the mall. But many buyers often take it as blogshops have worst quality,bad service, unreliable maybe due to past experiences and word of mouth.

The thing is blogshops have already gone to a new level where all the owners would give good services and ensure utmost quality for their clothing cause the competition among the blogshops are SOOOOOOOO great I won't be joking!(i know coz i'm a online shop owner myself ><) and I know alot of blogshops that are doing really well as well :P

Plus, everytime i go shopping in malls or boutique i'm always greeted by black faced salesperson or by the same designs i'm selling on my blogshop at a really ridiculous hike up price!

It's not true that my blogshop offer the same design with worst quality cause I've seen and touched many pieces out there that are exactly the same with the clothes i'm selling but at maybe another RM20-RM50 difference of price! The truth is, we got the stock from the same supplier, but those boutique hike up the price because of their rental, the fact that you get to touch n try them on before considering the buy and alot others that blogshop couldn't provide.

Give online shops a try! you'll find them not too bad at all perhaps!:D

i don think i will ever buy fromthose blogshops with those taiwan/korea pictures because i had a bad experience buying a bag and it came and it looked SO DIFFERENT from the picture with the model-.-

i usually buy from blogshops where they model their own clothes

I'm a plus size n there aren't many "real" shops that sell plus sizes. currently 70% of my clothes are bought online.

i prefer to buy clothes if they show a real models n i hv no confidence in buying clothes from blogshops that only show korea/taiwanese model pics.
well, size differ between a size 6 n a size 18 rite? how can i imagine how i look like with that kind of model :P..

but then..they really really do have nice design which i really like. that is why i'm still in doubt of buying them for like..hmm..couple of months? lol~
n 1 more thing, 80% of plus size "real" shops that i know are super expensive, while most of the blogshops i have visited sell cheaper.

[quote name='Eclipxe Low' date='01 January 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1262349594' post='577391']
I'm a plus size n there aren't many "real" shops that sell plus sizes. currently 70% of my clothes are bought online.

i prefer to buy clothes if they show a real models n i hv no confidence in buying clothes from blogshops that only show korea/taiwanese model pics.
well, size differ between a size 6 n a size 18 rite? how can i imagine how i look like with that kind of model :P..

but then..they really really do have nice design which i really like. that is why i'm still in doubt of buying them for like..hmm..couple of months? lol~
n 1 more thing, 80% of plus size "real" shops that i know are super expensive, while most of the blogshops i have visited sell cheaper.
[/quote]

We do offer refund and return! So you have a peace of mind. We do have some plus++ size collection too.. check us out!

[quote name='erine pink' date='10 October 2008 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1223623421' post='520378']
i will but i am not satisfies with the quality of the clothes i buy from one of the seller here. It look nice in the photos but when i receive it and touch on the material, the price i pay is way above the quality of it. It doesnt worth the money and the time i waited for the clothes to arrive. I waited for almost 2 mths for it !!
[/quote]

hey there, i faced the same thing too. really frustrated. but my friend recommend me this blog [url="http://www.belledefashion.blogspot.com/"]http://www.belledefashion.blogspot.com/[/url]. i hv bought some tgt with my friends after been persuaded. to my surprise, the quality is good and worth the price i paid for. not so expensive. the follow-up was great. however, the delivery took 3 weeks. but i guess all online sales are the same (from what i read from their T & C).

very tempting to buy the dresses online... coz the photos look so good, the models all pretty pretty, and the styles are very different from what the shops in Msia has. but i won't buy online larrr coz u nvr know if the dress looks good on u onot until u actually wear it...

most of them are cheaper than boutiques... but the quality is usually not so good. so better to spend abit more so the dress doesn't look cheap... can last longer too.

or save lots of money and travel to HK / Bangkok / Bandung to shop shop shop :P

Buying t-shirts(general sizing) online is fine for me.
But dresses...
I would prefer to try them on first before really making the deal.
Actually it depends which type of dress you're buying.
Formal dress I certainly wouldn't buy them through the net.
Cuz even wif all the info you still might find dat the dress isn't suitable due to cutting, material, color etc.
Also, what you see not necessarily will be what you get. ^^

[quote name='anglebabes' date='12 April 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1271080940' post='581561']
[size="3"][color="#800080"]I already lose confidence in on line shoppin..
quality and sizes were so bad..
any trust worthy website can intro?[/color][/size]
[/quote]

[size="3"][color="#800080"]me too.. kinda fed up with on line shopping.. the quality is... :([/color][/size]

[quote name='shero' date='03 June 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1275577920' post='584372']
[size="3"][color="#800080"]me too.. kinda fed up with on line shopping.. the quality is... [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif[/img][/color][/size]
[/quote]

The biggest issue with quality is price , people sometime run for the online 50-70% off /cheap prices and they get really bad quality. This is no different to digging through the bargain basement reject bin except their is a nice model which will make any rag look good.

[list][*]Make sure the shop has a no questions asked return policy ( yes returns takee a lot of time but some dresses dont fit some people)[*]Its fun to buy more than 1 item and return the one you dont like.[*]You CAN get 1/3 of the price of if you shop online since online shops dont have the very high rents when comparing to high end shops.[*]Caveat Emptor if its too good to be true it usually is.[*]Dont buy low priced items from overseas as the return cost is not justified and any seller which does sell these ( accept for accesories to go with items ) may be taking advantage of teh fact its not worth returning the item.

With regard to buying T shirts online rather than dresses , that doesnt make sense as the freight will make it un competative ( thoguh we are about to change our business to a lower margin high volume) . Dresses in shops have terrible markup many shops but our dresses and mark up the price by 100-150%.[/list]
Anyway most of you are interested in cheaper clothes so im not trying to convince you as our dress and tops are US$70- US$800 so no rubbish but i can give some tips . You would not believe the rubbish we sometimes get we have thousands of silk dresses sitting in the warehouse we are too embarresed to sell.

Susan

If it's from a trustable seller, why not?
Girls from all over the world are buying clothes online and i think Malaysian should be more open on this.

However becareful with those selling at really low price. These items might not be genuine and are using cheap material. That's the reason why different sellers selling same items (with same catalogue pictures) set different prices.

Cheap quality copied items => low price.
Genuine clothings => higher price. Edited by kayforever

I've had my fair share of online clothes-shopping for the past 2 years, and needless to say, I'm not impressed with the quality of the items and level of service offered by the blogshops. Here are 2 instances which made me finally pull the plug out online shopping:

1. The site said "Free Size" for this particular shorts. I bought 3 pairs, and when they arrived, they have size tags and I was given all S, M and L. How is this 'Free Size', I know not.

2. The blogshop operating via Facebook put up pics of simple qipaos, and I left an open comment wanting to know if there was lining to the qipao. The seller was so efficient in answering, "Yes, dear" in the comment box. So I placed my order. When the qipao arrived, there was no lining at all. I left another open comment on the Facebook page citing my previous comment and my decision to buy was based on his/her description. Since he/she did not honour the description, I was extremely angry. The owner deleted my comment and then PM me saying "I'm only doing a business. Please don't be angry with me. Give me your account no. and I'll deposit back RM5 to you." I got the RM5 back, and it's not even enough to buy fabric to sew on as a lining. After that, he/she deleted me from his/her friends list. I can still access that page using my sister's account.

Online shopping for clothes that are modelled by those pretty permed hair big-eyed fair girls is only a fad. *boo*

Most shoppers have moved on to blogshops that sell clothes sourced from Bangkok, Korea etc, and not those pre-ordered ones that are supposedly from Taiwan and China.

i've never tried buying online before, although most of my friends did it. Mostly because I couldn't approach the material of the clothing and also the cutting of it would cause me a problem to fit in if it didn't match my usual size

Will you commit to buying a dress by just looking at pictures then you see this [url="http://www.sizeisaplus.co.uk/"]Plus size mens clothing[/url] and get benifit.

[quote name='anglebabes' date='12 April 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1271080940' post='581561']
[size="3"][color="#800080"]I already lose confidence in on line shoppin..
quality and sizes were so bad..
any trust worthy website can intro?[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Well, dear, i felt the same too during last yr. I bought from those korean clothes online boutique and u will be so excited seeing those pretty dresses on those gorgeous lookin models and most of all, the price is totally affordable, RM 20-30. So i tried buying like 1-2 pieces and i must say, i only worn like twice and the elasticity is totally loose already. And the material is very sheer and cheap quality. So i was thinking, hmmm, maybe only this shop is like this, so i bought from another korean clothes online boutique and also the same thing, the quality is just bad and doesnt "tahan" de lor. So i shifted to ready stock apparels which is tried on the real models, probably the owner wear it herself and with close shots on the materials. ALthough the price might be slightly more expensive but if i can wear numerous times and still looks good, why not right? So far, i gain back my confidence buying online and im in fact addicted to shopping, whether online or in shopping malls. =)

Just wanted to share my thoughts though. I guess all online boutiques deserves a chance right? =)

I do own a preloved / preown online shop. If u wanted to get clothings at a more affordable price but in assured condition, do feel free to drop by. U can always email me if u have any enquiries. I totally understand it because im a buyer, too. =)

[b][size="6"][font="Arial Narrow"]http://shopthelooks-preloved.blogspot.com/[/font][/size][/b]

Hi

I quite like online shopping. I would buy at few items every month from online. it's convenient. the quality...em...ok for me. so far no complaints. and i think may be due to the stiff competition, more and more blogshops are improving their products quality and service, and the overall outlook of their websites :)

[quote name='jiawen' date='25 October 2008 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1224913794' post='523161']
I will buy online if its below Rm60... [img]http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Hi,

We are an online boutique. Our clothes are all priced under RM30. We also have a warehouse if you need to make an appointment to see the clothes J

Happy Shopping

www.clothezilla.com